RECV beta video from TGS 99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RECV beta video from TGS 99

Reading people comments about RECV betas in an other thread a few weeks ago remind me that I have 2 videos that I didn't completely shared with the community. If I remember right, they were given to me by Colvin in 2005 (but they may belong to an other community member).
    It was unclear at the time if the videos were made by a video game journalist or a simple fan; the fact is, they come from a Russian-speaking guy. Nothing really major about these videos but they are a nice piece of the RE history, so enjoy them for what they are ;) Also, I have uploaded them in the same quality I got them.
    From my archives, the first part of a video given to me in 2005 of a Polish visiting the Tokyo Game Show 99.

From my archives, the second part of a video given to me in 2005 of a Polish visiting the Tokyo Game Show 99.
    Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

First time I recall seeing these were from Deacon back on URES/WU in 2001/2002 or something, he provided them along with the handycam footage of Resident Evil GBC and some other stuff that was shown at the time. Memory's a bit foggy, but I seem to recall Deacon at least used to have ties to Polish gaming media.

Pretty neat to see them again, so thanks for keeping them same and uploading! I lost my own backups when my backup drive accidently took a fall
    Last edited by Carnivol; 04-18-2015, 05:08 AM.

Comment

The costume itself made the game better in my opinion. I wish they could have kept it as an unlockable bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
        The costume itself made the game better in my opinion. I wish they could have kept it as an unlockable bonus.
        Can't see how a simply outfit can change the entire game.. I do think the beta had more zombies and looked harder than the final build though - like the zombies outside the cabin.
        It would have been nice as an alternate outfit (since CV had none, except Claire's in Battle Mode outfit)
        You can wear this is Main Game with hacks, which is nice I guess.. If only it could have been modded to look like RE2s
        "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
          Can't see how a simply outfit can change the entire game..
          I find Claire's clothes to be awful in the final version of the game and it's part of what's spoiling the whole experience for me.

Comment

Her BIO2 costume looked like ass on the Dreamcast/Degeneration. It was something that only truly looked acceptable on low hardware. Her new outfit was much better, albeit not perfect by any stretch.
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Imo they should have kept this one:

Boots instead of shoes, and a handgun holster that in retail doesn't exist, odds were the pink jeans but change them to blue and that's it. It kinda reminds me her RER2 costume.
              The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                Her BIO2 costume looked like ass on the Dreamcast/Degeneration. It was something that only truly looked acceptable on low hardware. Her new outfit was much better, albeit not perfect by any stretch.
                Maybe, but it still would of been a nice bonus/unlockable. I remember being kinda bummed when i found out it wasn't in the final game

Comment

Working...
                X