No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only people who are having trouble with the controls are those who can't accept change. I got used to them within an hour of playing and didn't think twice about it. I was too busy being fascinated by the HD environments that Capcom did a excellent job with.
    They didn't need changing though. Ever heard of the saying "don't fix what's not broken"?

Seeing as how worked up you're getting it seems to be a bigger issue for you than me. It's funny as I wasn't even directly referring to you but the modders who made it yet you took such great offense. I apologize for upsetting you so greatly.
    Haha. That's funny, where exactly did you read that the modder who made the font mod made a "big deal" out of the original font that was used? Pretty sure he just prefers this over the other one. Maybe you should read the mod topic I linked to, before jumping to conclusions.

When did I tell people to stfu? I said I wished there would be more positivity than negativity. Believe it or not, some people are enjoying the game as it IS and would like to see discussions about the good things rather than the bad. I'm done with this conversation as you and I are making it into a bigger deal than it needs to be.
    You keep on voicing your disdain at people complaining about the font when there weren't any to begin with. Believe it or not, there are actually plenty of people who can't enjoy playing the game with the new control scheme. Why was such an arbitrary change made to the controls in the first place? The game is being sold as a package deal with REmake HD, and going from one control scheme to the other is disorienting. It's an inexcusably bad design choice, and I'm sure not even you can come up with a legit reason for why they needed to change the controls in the first place.
    Last edited by biohazard_star; 01-21-2016, 07:54 AM.
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

Comment

• I haven't had the chance to buy it yet, I've been really busy as of late.

Is there really no way to change the controls through the in-game settings? Seems a bit silly that they'll make a such a small and yet massive difference in the controls without the ability to change back.

Comment

• So they fixed the music issue in the physical origins collection but not the digital version yet?

Comment

• Barely had any time to play REZero HD Remaster...only previewed a bit of it when my pre-load on PS3 unlocked the night I streamed an entire playthru of Chris on Real Survival mode on Twitch in light of REZero HD's release.

Found that the controls weren't THAT bad...Type A controls is very reminiscent to REmake HD Remasters Type B Controls, guess they found REmake HD's Type B controls as the most ideal default control scheme.

I had to readjust myself just a bit, even with the similarities, since the addition of the swap character button threw me off a bit...due to the fact that it also moved other buttons elsewhere, like the Map button.

Other than that...barely had a chance to play due to lots of work time & personal matters in my life that has kept me away from the game, can't wait to get around to playing it tonight in much greater length.

Do like the addition of the Costume briefcase that allows you to switch costumes on the fly! Only wished you could pick costumes before the game starts, as it makes it impossible to have Billy in an alternate costume in the first few in-game cutscenes before you're able to take control of Billy...just like it was an issue in the original REmake & got rectified in the REmake HD Remaster, but REZero HD wasn't so lucky with the same benefit.

I'm a bit disappointed at the prospect that no new costumes are unlockable, like the Lost in Nightmare outfits, and are just cash-in day 1 DLC content...except for Wesker mode outfits which can't be used anywhere else from what I hear.

I'm highly curious about one thing tho...what's unlockable in Gallery? there seems to be quite a bit of unlockables, more so than all the 'cutscenes' you watch in the game, obviously assuming that cutscenes are part of these unlocks.

Also, wonder if the Asian versions of the game actually have extra content, aside from newly done JPN VAs/Dual-Audio options, just like REmake HD (Asian version) got Wesker Report 1, 2 & Japanese VAs + OG English VAs over every other version of the game.

All in all, I can't wait to get home to play the game!

Comment

• Finally made it through. I don't remember this game being so hard!!
            So, I never got used to the controls, not even til the end. I at least figured out how to use the gun without fail but switching characters and menu buttons kept getting swapped up in my brain.

This game is beautiful. Rebecca particularly looks great.

Does anyone notice a delay with the shotgun hitting the hunters? Is that just me or was that in the original game too? I feel like if hunters are coming at me and I shoot them with the shot gun, they usually still get a hit on me or take a second before the impact registers.

I can't play classic costume Rebecca....The prototype costume is amazing. It's hands-down my favourite, I'm so happy they offered it.
            Last edited by Kei_M; 01-21-2016, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kei_M View Post
              I can't play classic costume Rebecca....The prototype costume is amazing. It's hands-down my favourite, I'm so happy they offered it.
              They added her prototype outfit as a costume? That's so rad. Major props to Capcom.

Comment

• I'm not one of those people that were screaming at capcom "Y don't u release teh 1.5 betarz!!1" before 1.5 got released into the wild. But with all the footage, etc being shown of the N64 version a part of me was hoping they would include it as an unlockable. Now that would of been a day one for me

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Piano View Post
                  I'm not one of those people that were screaming at capcom "Y don't u release teh 1.5 betarz!!1" before 1.5 got released into the wild. But with all the footage, etc being shown of the N64 version a part of me was hoping they would include it as an unlockable. Now that would of been a day one for me
                  Well, unlike 1.5, Zero N64 actually had a polished demo of the train section shown off at game shows. Would've been nice if Capcom had packaged it with Zero HD, but I don't think Nintendo would take kindly to them packaging an N64 emulator with the game in order to run it.
                  Seibu teh geimu?
                  ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Kei_M View Post
                    Finally made it through. I don't remember this game being so hard!!
                    So, I never got used to the controls, not even til the end. I at least figured out how to use the gun without fail but switching characters and menu buttons kept getting swapped up in my brain.

This game is beautiful. Rebecca particularly looks great.

Does anyone notice a delay with the shotgun hitting the hunters? Is that just me or was that in the original game too? I feel like if hunters are coming at me and I shoot them with the shot gun, they usually still get a hit on me or take a second before the impact registers.

The hunters in RE0 are very different in RE0, compared to remake, they are less violent. I think this delays is present in the GameCube too.

Comment

• All we have to do now is wait and see how Crapcom deals with the RE2 remake...this could either hit or break the company...I sincerely hope it's the latter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Undead Sega View Post
                        All we have to do now is wait and see how Crapcom deals with the RE2 remake...this could either hit or break the company...I sincerely hope it's the latter.
                        Really? Why?
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Undead Sega View Post
                          All we have to do now is wait and see how Crapcom deals with the RE2 remake...this could either hit or break the company...I sincerely hope it's the latter.
                          Do I dare ask why...?

In the meantime, I beat the remaster today. Goddamn that game was eye candy. Having only beaten it once before, years ago on the Gamecube, it was nice to see what I remembered and what I had forgotten about the game. In that way, it was far less tedious. I only ever had to backtrack from the magic elevator linking the Training Facility and the water treatment plant once at the very end of the game. Not as frustrating as I remember which is good.

Comment

• I was hoping that graphics whores would post super picky and anal comparisons between the Gamecube and PS4 versions. When REmaster came out, people were all like 'wow, all I had to do was upscale and sharpen the original background and it looks the same as the new one'. Do we even know whether these are the same renders?

Comment

• They had access to the source material for this one, the backgrounds are splendid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                                They had access to the source material for this one, the backgrounds are splendid.
                                I think it's a great game to showcase just how damn good pre-rendered backgrounds can look in HD. If those gorgeously detailed and realistic environments were built at the turn of the millennium, just imagine what Capcom could make in 2016! It could even allow for the first ever 4K video game...

Comment

Working...
                                X