Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OfficerRedfield View Post
    I wonder if they're altering Rebecca's face slightly for a royalty thing, could be a retouching to avoid paying Ayumi Hamasaki. There doesnt seem to be any major changes but it almost seems like they made Rebecca's face more dolled up like shes wearing more make up or Something. It's just off in a way i cant quite put my finger on it.
    If they just reused her remake face it would be fine with me. I'm not a fan of her 12 year old zero face.
    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
      That's the biggest drawback of HD graphics, everything looks too damn shinning-enlighted-plastic good that at some point it doesn't feel natural anymore.
      Capcom engine since Resident Evil Revelations.

Comment

• Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
        It has nothing to do with HD, it depends on the modeler/texture artist and what style approach they were going for. Modern games can look highly realistic when done right. I always was under the impression that RE characters were never meant to look that realistic, if you examine the character's UV sheets you'll notice even from the beginning they were purposely made to look somewhat anime style. Yeah, they changed it up for RE5, RE6, and the Rev series to make them look more realistic and human like, but look how Claire ended up looking in Rev 2, a little too realistic and not in a good way...
        Of course that doesn't apply to every game, I was more talking about when non-HD games turn into HD, and how they sometimes looks quite forced and unnatural. The earlier RE characters didn't meant to be realistic because that wasn't even a possibility with PSX graphics, but look at what happened to Chris in RE remake, they totally dropped his anime-styled face from the original RE concept arts and RECV in favor of one of the most dull and generic faces in the entire RE series

But, even if some characters might not be intented to be hyper realistic (I actually prefer it that way) I'm more concerned about the overall atmosphere, and if they abuse of lighting, glows coming out of nowhere, color saturation, and too much texture details that you were not actually supossed to be able to see considering where and when the game is set, then they can basically kill part of the atmosphere.

However, that's just too much judging by screenshots I must admit, and the final product might be different, but as of now I feel like some things are a bit out of place in those screenshots, I appreciate the outstanding visuals and the effort to enhance the game graphically, but it feels at times just like when magazine editors add too much Photoshop into a model/actress face photo, there's a point where it doesn't look natural anymore.
        The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
          Capcom engine since Resident Evil Revelations.
          MT Framework is much older than that.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Let us go back to our Gamecubes again...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sem título.png
Views:	1
Size:	479.3 KB
ID:	404719

Comment

• Gameplay footage from E3. Not amazing quality but it's the best I could find. Really liking what I'm seeing.

Last edited by CODE_umb87; 06-17-2015, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• FF7 remake! Oh wait...

Comment

• Looks much smoother than the first Remaster in terms of frame-rate and such.

Comment

• If you guys had trouble running Remaster on your PC's, what makes you so sure your PC can run Zero just by the video? People are still in denial that it isn't the game but their PC's that are the problem.

Again, REmaster runs at a full 60 FPS with people with good PC's...
                    Last edited by VirusPunk; 06-17-2015, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                      Looks much smoother than the first Remaster in terms of frame-rate and such.
                      There was no issue with the first Remaster's frame-rate.
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• There was on the PS3 during cutscenes. It would drop 5-6 frames and look chunky. Gameplay was complete unaffected.
                        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                          There was no issue with the first Remaster's frame-rate.
                          I noticed issues sometimes when firing the grenade launcher and when walking down certain hallways. In general it just felt less smooth than the GC version and just recently I went back to see if I was crazy and nope I was right. The only one that run perfect so far that I can see is the PC version if you computer doesn't suck (aka mine).

Comment

• Xbox One ran flawlessly for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroRain
                              <rant>
                              As usual, another disappointing E3 with Capcom.

Let's see, Megaman Legacy Collection, with 6 Megaman games. The games you can play in Anniversary Collection, plus a few more. Or, download off the Virtual Console or possibly the other Game Networks, or if you own the old systems, just buy the games off of Ebay, or if you really are desperate, emulation. The only thing new with it, is that it has a challenge mode (I don't count artwork as something new, since if you really want artwork, you'd find ways to get it. That, and Google is your tool). And leadership boards aren't going to make me want to play them again, sorry.

Then we have this game, RE0 HD, which the original wasn't all to brag about to begin with (it honestly is a pointless prequel, I'm sorry to say), and I like to pretend that Zero never happened. The way I envisioned Zero was very different from what we got, but I'll leave it at that. And I'm so glad that HD Remasters now count as "New" titles. If you want to play RE0, you can on the old GameCube, or purchase the one that was released on the Wii a few years ago.

The only two new titles were the Street Fighter V and possibly DMC Special Edition (it depends on how much new content is in it I suppose). I can see doing HD Remasters of games that are really old, but these 2 RE titles are not overly old, and I'm not about to shell out cash to play these 2 games that I honestly wasn't thrilled about to begin with.

If you enjoy these titles, that's good for you. I'm glad you're happy (not being sarcastic there). I was just hoping for either some news on RE7, or maybe an announcement of a new RE side game, or maybe, just maybe, a NEW Megaman title. But no, you get to play the same MM games that you have undoubtedly played over and over and over again.

Seriously, Capcom needs to stop with these f*king pointless ports. For God sakes Capcom make something NEW already. Sorry for going slightly off-topic.

</end of rant>
                              Only Capcom has been giving us something new for a while now and they've been nothing but disappointments. Are you really saying you'd rather see another ridiculous spin off instead of a port? What makes these ports so "pointless"? The emphasis of releasing these is to introduce these games to a new wave of fans, who otherwise never got to play Zero or REmake due to them being GameCube exclusives and the GC being a fairly unpopular system at the time...

I myself never got to play Zero until much later on and that was using Dolphin.

The fans have been demanding that Zero and REmake be ported for years now, and Capcom finally listened. At the rate Capcom is going, we might even get ports of the Outbreak series with official online support not run by fans on a shitty slow server with moderators whom aren't Nazis/fascists.

Zero HD has barely been announced and people find ways and reasons to bash the game already, it makes no sense...
                              Last edited by VirusPunk; 06-19-2015, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• Well just one reason why I'm happy with the PC ports of REHD/ZeroHD, we don't need to load up Dolphin or drag out an old console just to play them. I've become overall a PC gamer, and I'm usually at my desk majority of the time, it's just more convenient and quicker to launch the game and start playing it instead of ripping my iso and setting up the emulator. REmake was only $20, it's not like they were asking full price for just a lousy direct GC to PC port. Not to mention, think of the modding capabilities. Sure, REmake/Zero can be modded on the Cube but it requires rebuilding the ISO, more tedium IMO.

I thought this ages ago, and I still stand by my statements; RE should really have just ended after RE4 upon Shinji's departure with the company. RE5, RE6, Rev, Operation: Raccoon City are not bad games in their own right but the story has been taken too far already and it's time to call the quits. The series went from being the ultimate survival horror games to just cheesy action spin-offs, and at this point I don't even really know much about the current stories much less care, either. I'm totally happy Capcom are focusing on releasing ports of the older games, we need more of them. We need proper PC versions of RE2 and RE3 (American/English versions) with modern compatibility and maybe Steam achievements as well.

Outbreak and CV are also high on my hope list of potential ports.

Comment

Working...
                                X