No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to feel bad for all the new fans of REmake who will be disappointed with Zero. Whilst not a bad game, it will always be compared to Remake. Long-time fans like myself are still bitter that Capcom wasted the only opportunity to really develop the backstory of Bravo team.

Comment

• Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
      I thought this ages ago, and I still stand by my statements; RE should really have just ended after RE4 upon Shinji's departure with the company.
      Except that's ridiculous since he only made BIO1 and its remake before that. He wasn't much involved at all in BIO2, BIO3, CV or anything else. Mikami leaving had nothing to do with the effect on the quality of the series. It's because he wasn't the only one to leave. All of the main developers left, and the lead story writer died.
      Last edited by News Bot; 06-20-2015, 11:37 AM.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Capcom doesn't listen to fans, they listen to cash, and the only reason they do these ports more than 10 years later is to fill the gaps between current games and grab quick money in the meantime, because they ran out of ideas long time ago. And it's upon their own 'surprise' that RE remaster sold more than 1 million units that they decided to port RE0, if Remake would have been a comercial failure -for the second time-, they'd have fuck on everyone who wanted RE0.

Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
        The fans have been demanding that Zero and REmake be ported for years now, and Capcom finally listened. At the rate Capcom is going, we might even get ports of the Outbreak series with official online support not run by fans on a shitty slow server with moderators whom aren't Nazis/fascists.
        A free fan-made online server that a person and a group of collaborators made and maintain with his own money for you or anyone else who wants to play Outbreak online in this life, instead of waiting for 50 years when Turtle Capcom finally decides to "listen" to you.

A free fan-made online server you'be been banned from multiple times because of your constant and repeated use of hacks and team killing you did to ruin other players' experience, amongst circumventing bans, insulting people and other infractions. And there's plenty of evidence around there to backup what I'm saying if anyone wants to check. And the server isn't slow, the server is slow for you because you got to use weird methods to bypass the server security and keep playing besides your multiple account and IPs bans.

So now you want Outbreak remasters on PC so in official servers you would be able to use hacks and team kill other players again because Capcom wouldn't ban you nor anyone. Obviously, why would they bother taking actions against cheaters/hackers in their games if that won't report them any extra money? They keep encouraging cheaters with RER2 event rewards that most of the legit player base on PC already stopped participating in those events.

I didn't want to do this but you went too far already, calling 'nazis' to those who are running a free and dedicated server who tries to preserve the fun for fair players and ban those who keep breaking the rules again and again after many oportunities given makes absolute no sense.
        Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 06-20-2015, 11:47 AM.
        The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• @djepic112:

I feel the same way. The Zero I envisioned was very different from what Capcom gave us. The train part was okay, and I could even deal with Military Training Facility. But after that (right where disc 1 ends), I felt they should have made a special path that lead back to the mansion (with obvious puzzles and enemies) and then Rebecca explores some of the mansion, and then we find out more of the backstory of the Bravo team, and we actually get to see the deaths of the Bravo team members, and then you face a special boss before you find Richard poisoned by the snake, and then the game ends as Chris and Jill enter the mansion.
          My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
          ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroRain
            YES.

At least it would be something NEW. NEW, being the keyword here. Ports of things once in a while is okay, but it just seems like they are too lazy to produce anything new, and use these ports as a quick cash-in.

An HD Remaster of Outbreak, with the addition of new content, such as some of those levels they scrapped, and fix the glitches and long loading times. THAT would be worth doing.
            Contradictions and personal taste. Sounds like you don't want something new after all.

Comment

• People are still bashing Zero after all these years? The game was sweet as hell and so was Outbreak and CV. I'd rather play these "ports" then the shitty new games.

Rev 1 and 2 are the only good newer RE games imo. 5 and 6 were ok for what they were.
              Last edited by Hunk_4TH; 06-20-2015, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
                Capcom doesn't listen to fans, they listen to cash, and the only reason they do these ports more than 10 years later is to fill the gaps between current games and grab quick money in the meantime, because they ran out of ideas long time ago. And it's upon their own 'surprise' that RE remaster sold more than 1 million units that they decided to port RE0, if Remake would have been a comercial failure -for the second time-, they'd have fuck on everyone who wanted RE0.

A free fan-made online server that a person and a group of collaborators made and maintain with his own money for you or anyone else who wants to play Outbreak online in this life, instead of waiting for 50 years when Turtle Capcom finally decides to "listen" to you.

A free fan-made online server you'be been banned from multiple times because of your constant and repeated use of hacks and team killing you did to ruin other players' experience, amongst circumventing bans, insulting people and other infractions. And there's plenty of evidence around there to backup what I'm saying if anyone wants to check. And the server isn't slow, the server is slow for you because you got to use weird methods to bypass the server security and keep playing besides your multiple account and IPs bans.

So now you want Outbreak remasters on PC so in official servers you would be able to use hacks and team kill other players again because Capcom wouldn't ban you nor anyone. Obviously, why would they bother taking actions against cheaters/hackers in their games if that won't report them any extra money? They keep encouraging cheaters with RER2 event rewards that most of the legit player base on PC already stopped participating in those events.

I didn't want to do this but you went too far already, calling 'nazis' to those who are running a free and dedicated server who tries to preserve the fun for fair players and ban those who keep breaking the rules again and again after many oportunities given makes absolute no sense.
                You don't even know the circumstances of what went on there. Just because a group of hackers who reverse engineer the formats decide to record packets (which is illegal, mind you) and write their own code based on those packets doesn't give them the entitlement of owning the games. Yes, they are Nazis. Yes, on the old Capcom run Outbreak servers, cheaters/hackers could get away with doing what they do, so what? It never bothered me and it certainly never stopped other people from playing. Most Outbreak players play with friends in locked rooms, and it's better that way.

That entire community has insulted me since day one before I even started using cheats/hacks, so anything I've done to them is well deserved. Even when I first signed up and was helping the_fog beta test, both MyAbsolution and Silent_Hell were complete dicks to me, we even apologized to one another not once but twice. It's been that way since the Bioflames days, where people for some reason feel the need to insult me, then if I "retaliated", I'm the bad guy.

They don't own Outbreak or the rights to it, and they certainly aren't entitled to anything just because "they pay for it". I suggest to you to keep your nose out of it before things get ugly in this thread, especially when you don't even know the circumstances. News flash, I am pretty good at playing Outbreak without codes and my videos on my Youtube channel are proof of that, but every time a random would join our game he'd do something to screw us all over either on purpose or by accident, so no if they did port Outbreak to PC in HD with online support I wouldn't have any reason to cheat anymore because I won't be dealing with asshole moderators and players. How does one cheat on a Steam game anyway when most Steam games (with online anyway) have VAC protection? You really think I'm stupid enough to risk getting my Steam account banned when I've paid for nearly 50 games out of my pocket?

Get your facts straight before you post. Quit sucking on the admin's balls just because they took the time to bring Outbreak back, it's really nothing special or innovating. It should be Capcom's responsibility to bring these games back, not a couple of balding hackers/reverse engineers living in their parents basement's. The servers are indeed slow and suffer tons of problems, even before using a VPN to connect, they have always been problematic off and on since day one with tons of down-time moments.
                Last edited by VirusPunk; 06-20-2015, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
                  Capcom doesn't listen to fans, they listen to cash, and the only reason they do these ports more than 10 years later is to fill the gaps between current games and grab quick money in the meantime, because they ran out of ideas long time ago. And it's upon their own 'surprise' that RE remaster sold more than 1 million units that they decided to port RE0, if Remake would have been a comercial failure -for the second time-, they'd have fuck on everyone who wanted RE0.

Screw Obsrv why do you guys keep insisting on bringing that up? They can have their shitty server ran by Hitler worshiping nazis.

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroRain
                    Re-read my post. An HD Remaster alone isn't enough to get me to buy a game I already played several times. Even if they did a HD Remaster of Outbreak, and touched nothing else, what the hell would be the point? If they fixed the glitches, load times, added some new levels, on top of the HD conversion, that would be worth it. By just doing an HD remaster, and adding a couple of costumes, it's not worth it for me to play a game I already played several times, and didn't even enjoy the first time (I happen to be one of those people that thinks RE: DC is better than Remake). There's no point in stating the obvious that these HD Remasters are just quick cash-ins, but if people want them, that's fine. But I feel they could be spending their time wisely by actually putting out an original title, instead of port after port after port after port.
                    A HD port of Outbreak with no add-ons at all would still be a day one purchase for me, as I'm sure it would be for a lot of other folk.

So yeah, there's definitely a point.

And as for wanting something new, Capcom have certainly upped their game in that regard too. In the last 3 years alone we've had Rev1, ORC, Damnation, 6, Rev2, and for lore enthusiasts two canon manga stories. Is that not more than enough? Back in the day we had to wait five years for a proper sequel to Code Veronica (not counting Dead Aim of course).
                    Last edited by TheBatMan; 06-21-2015, 01:32 PM.
                    "I've got 100 cows."
                    "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

• When you folks say 'Outbreak', is it safe to assume that you are lumping File#1 and File#2 together?

Comment

• By the way, although it's been over a decade since I've last played RE0, I do remember one place in which I got impossibly stuck and had to reset the game...

Spoiler:

Comment

• Yes, there is. But it involves backtracking...
                          Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by Sly View Post
                            Yes, there is. But it involves backtracking...
                            Barnacles...

In that case, the only truly broken section of an RE game that I can think of is the RE3 power plant (taking the magnum/launcher without opening the other shutter and then frying the zombies will permanently ruin your game).

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                              Barnacles...

In that case, the only truly broken section of an RE game that I can think of is the RE3 power plant (taking the magnum/launcher without opening the other shutter and then frying the zombies will permanently ruin your game).
                              Wow really? I thought you could just go back in via the way you come out, but you're saying you can't switch the other shutter on after you fry the zombies? Never knew that. I'm kind of tempted to try it out, not that I don't believe you.

Spoiler:
                              Last edited by VirusPunk; 06-23-2015, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• ^^ I remember getting stuck in CV where you have to activate some paintings in order or something (I was 11 years old at the time). Put it down for 4 years before I went back and beat it - with walkthrough of course XD.

Comment

Working...
                                X