Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster

So it looks like Capcom are going to HD Remaster 0 & release next year 2016

Last edited by _Raziel_; 05-26-2015, 09:31 AM.

Saw it, liked the news of CAPCOM bringing the original direction team back for the occasion. What could make it better? Physical bundle of this + REmaster 1.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
    , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

A physical bundle + REmaster 1 would be great or a physical copy that included a playable demo of RE2 REmaster, that is if they decide to make a HD version

Comment

The closest thing we'd ever get to a REmake 2 would be a 3DS port with slightly improved models. Full fledged remakes are extremely unlikely with the current generation or even the previous one.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
        , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

You never know. They technically have enough resources to begin a RE2 HDmake. Heck they could also do 3 if they wanted to.

Comment

I can't in good faith support remakes that don't involve the original team, or at the very least the director and leading staff members. I think a commemorative box set would be feasible and offer diehard fans some things they've requested for years or otherwise generally enjoy. It could also offer newer fans some perspective of the creation and processes behind the game with documentary of sorts and interviews with the original team members. Maybe patch up some 1.5 builds, throw in some artwork, maybe some statues or something like that for a special edition. I would much rather have that over a remake which most likely would be tampered with or otherwise fail to offer anything substantially new. Even if they attempted there's no guarantee that it would be done correctly, even if the original team were behind it. The difference in time which REmake was created from the original Playstation release should not be disregarded when determining where the team would be at creatively today in 2015.
            Last edited by Graco; 05-26-2015, 12:34 PM.
            sigpic
            "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

Originally posted by _Raziel_ View Post
              A physical bundle + REmaster 1 would be great or a physical copy that included a playable demo of RE2 REmaster, that is if they decide to make a HD version
              Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
              You never know. They technically have enough resources to begin a RE2 HDmake. Heck they could also do 3 if they wanted to.
              I think that the two of you are confusing "remaster" with "remake".

Something of the sort for Bio2 or Bio3 would entail a large team, huge budgets, new assets and a lot of time, none of which I can foresee CAPCOM investing in anytime soon. I'd like to be wrong, but I'm most certainly not holding my breath.
              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Good news. I hope there's something interesting to look forward this time and not just aesthetics, achievements and leaderboards.
                The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Skippable door animations and I'll buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                    Something of the sort for Bio2 or Bio3 would entail a large team, huge budgets, new assets and a lot of time, none of which I can foresee CAPCOM investing in anytime soon. I'd like to be wrong, but I'm most certainly not holding my breath.
                    But they wouldn't cost nearly as much as it did to make RE5 and RE6, since both RE2 and RE3 can be possibly finished in 3 hours I imagine the production would cost maybe half of that of RE6. And if they were to make it a digital only release it would also save them money.

If this remaster does even nearly as well as REmake did, which broke sales records, I see no reason why Capcom wouldn't consider a remake of RE2.

Comment

Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                      But they wouldn't cost nearly as much as it did to make RE5 and RE6, since both RE2 and RE3 can be possibly finished in 3 hours I imagine the production would cost maybe half of that of RE6. And if they were to make it a digital only release it would also save them money.
                      I wouldn't purchase a half-assed remake
                      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                        I think that the two of you are confusing "remaster" with "remake".

Depends on how they went about it. To me there are two paths, there is the path like that of the REmake was in the early 2000's and there is the 8/16bit-remaster path that Capcom has also done in recent years. REmake takes the original game and reshapes it for a more modern style while keeping the core gameplay mechanics but improving on almost everything where possible. The Remasters, like Duck Tales or Bionic Commando for example, more or less mostly keep the game the same with some extra story or audio or something and the odd fix or bonus. If Capcom basically remodelled all the backgrounds with new versions and updated the character models, but kept the level layouts, gameplay, bonus features, CG cutscenes (but in higher quality as avaliable), voice acting, and flow of the original release untouched it wouldn't be as costly as a "REmake" style game. And it would probably keep fans happy that feel like a retelling of RE2 will likely be butchered at this stage. But who knows. Capcom has already made it clear "HD" versions of older games are a focus so maybe they'll be setting suitable budgets.

Comment

I wonder if they are gonna use Rebecca's model from the REmaster? I always thought her face in Zero looked slightly different from the one in REmake.

Comment

^^^ In REmake she didn't have her own butt/legs. They were burrowed from Jills model but in Zero they rendered her fully.

Comment

What a perfect Eighth-Generation remaster would look like:

If Capcom had high-resolution backgrounds for RE2 and RE3, I would love a remaster with completely new actor models.

Comment

Working...
                              X