Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
    Pretty sure there are. I remember you once said that in REmake there is a very hard to catch reference to the leeches in RE0 that sort of foreshadowed the upcoming prequel. Any chance you could clarify this?
    I've yet to see any that don't have explanations or weren't misunderstandings.

I didn't say it was a direct reference to the leeches. It's in the original game too. This file being cut-off at the end is a hint at when the t-Virus leak occurred, during injection of the virus into the T-002.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Is Resident Evil an infallible series? I suppose the inconsistencies in the RPD amount to minor oversights then. I know you think of Metal Gear's plot as Swiss cheese, but it seems like it has more depth nonetheless. It's no less impressive that Mikami managed to spawn an airtight narrative, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
        Is Resident Evil an infallible series?
        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
          I've yet to see any that don't have explanations or weren't misunderstandings.

I didn't say it was a direct reference to the leeches. It's in the original game too. This file being cut-off at the end is a hint at when the t-Virus leak occurred, during injection of the virus into the T-002.
          Wait which specific file?

Comment

Wait which specific file?
            He linked it under "This file" in the message, it's the lab security info/security system protocol file.

At the end of the file under B4F, the text is cut off right as they're detailing the Tyrant's progress.
            Last edited by REmaster; 08-04-2015, 12:11 AM.
            "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
            Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

• Oh I see! Kinda confused how it references Zero but hey I'm all ears! Pretty creepy tho....

Also how exactly was the T-Virus leaked? Did Marcus break open something containing it and empty it into the water supply? What exactly was the process?
              Last edited by Deathlygasm; 08-04-2015, 01:36 AM.

Comment

• SPOLER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T PLAYED ZERO YET..

Marcus stayed behind after the Training Facility was closed, to conduct research on the T-Virus leeches.
                An FMV shows that Wesker and Birkin had him killed - to steal his research (which Birkin also used to create G years later in RE2)

The Queen Leech entered Marcus's corpse and 'fused' with his cells.. using the virus - which reanimated him so to speak.
                While this was only a mimic (like the leech men, which is made of many leeches at once)
                It did however retain Marcus's memories (which is why he can tranform into a younger self image too)

He wanted revenge on Umbrella for essentially getting him assassinated in the first place. He attacked the Train because it was specific to Umbrella workers. He also leaked the virus into the Mansion nearby.. to get back at Spencer (he sent Wesker and Birkin, I assume?)
                Which is why RE1 happened...

(This however, makes little sense, since RE1 was created before Zero - which then caused plot errors.. was it a combination of both accidents instead.. the leeches, and then the separate outbreak in the labs?)

Video of Marcus explaining the overall story to Rebecca and Billy at the end: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCAs7HlIMek
                Last edited by RaccoonSurvivor; 08-04-2015, 07:00 AM.
                "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Yea I did wonder why he didn't just use his leeches on the mansion lab but I guess he wanted to make it look like an "accident".

I wanna know how he got into the lab unnoticed tho and managed to make it look like an accident.
                  Last edited by Deathlygasm; 08-04-2015, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                    Is Resident Evil an infallible series? I suppose the inconsistencies in the RPD amount to minor oversights then. I know you think of Metal Gear's plot as Swiss cheese, but it seems like it has more depth nonetheless. It's no less impressive that Mikami managed to spawn an airtight narrative, though.
                    In terms of story it's near-infallible, though you'd be hard pressed to find any issues. The RPD inconsistencies are level design, which are completely disconnected from plot. Mikami didn't spawn anything in relation to narrative, he didn't have a hand in the final story. Metal Gear's mythos is complete nonsense but each game's story is more thematic than anything else. MGS1 was an exploration of genes, MGS2 memes, MGS3 scene or "the times", MGS4... nothing.

Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                    (This however, makes little sense, since RE1 was created before Zero - which then caused plot errors.. was it a combination of both accidents instead.. the leeches, and then the separate outbreak in the labs?)
                    There is no error. The t-Virus leaked in an accident when it was injected into the T-002. This accident was caused by the Queen Leech. Accidents generally have a cause, before BIO0 none was given except "maybe the researchers were tired." The exact method is unknown but it's not a stretch to imagine a lone leech in a vent or some such attacked one of the researchers while they held the virus, causing it to drop, smash, and leak in its initial airborne state through the laboratory's ventilation and then through the water supply. Through the water supply, it infected the above-ground personnel.
                    Last edited by News Bot; 08-04-2015, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                      In terms of story it's near-infallible, though you'd be hard pressed to find any issues. The RPD inconsistencies are level design, which are completely disconnected from plot. Mikami didn't spawn anything in relation to narrative, he didn't have a hand in the final story. Metal Gear's mythos is complete nonsense but each game's story is more thematic than anything else. MGS1 was an exploration of genes, MGS2 memes, MGS3 scene or "the times", MGS4... nothing.

There is no error. The t-Virus leaked in an accident when it was injected into the T-002. This accident was caused by the Queen Leech. Accidents generally have a cause, before BIO0 none was given except "maybe the researchers were tired." The exact method is unknown but it's not a stretch to imagine a lone leech in a vent or some such attacked one of the researchers while they held the virus, causing it to drop, smash, and leak in its initial airborne state through the laboratory's ventilation and then through the water supply. Through the water supply, it infected the above-ground personnel.
                      I guess we can assume the leak was in the tyrants chamber all along as I figured. Its possible that the researcher didn't notice the leech dropping on him and figured he had made a careless mistake.

Edit: Its also possible that the leech left a small pool of slime where the researcher would walk and perhaps he slipped while holding the virus.
                      Last edited by Deathlygasm; 08-04-2015, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• The very last frames of Zero's ending FMV prove some leeches were still roaming around the forest area (and the mansion no doubt)
                        It shows a butterfly or moth caught in a spiders web, except there also looks like the slime is there too...
                        Its only there for a second or so, but you can spot it.. it even shows the mansion in the background.
                        "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

I guess we can assume the leak was in the tyrants chamber all along as I figured. Its possible that the researcher didn't notice the leech dropping on him and figured he had made a careless mistake.

Edit: Its also possible that the leech left a small pool of slime where the researcher would walk and perhaps he slipped while holding the virus.
                          It was always intended to originate from the Tyrant's room I think. The Japanese version's manual has concept art of the capsules in that room broken. They just went from that idea to it happening during injection into the Tyrant.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                            https://youtu.be/zGdpCS3IAX4?t=1004

The very last frames of Zero's ending FMV prove some leeches were still roaming around the forest area (and the mansion no doubt)
                            It shows a butterfly or moth caught in a spiders web, except there also looks like the slime is there too...
                            Its only there for a second or so, but you can spot it.. it even shows the mansion in the background.
                            Meh, I'm under the impression that all the leeches died. I think the last frame was a foreshadowing that Rebecca was nowhere close to being out of the nightmare she had gotten herself into.

I still really want a good fan fiction of the outbreak at the arklay mountains from the viewpoint of the last researchers who died. Pretty sure the ones who lasted the longest were a few guys down in the labs who lived until mid june.
                            Last edited by Deathlygasm; 08-05-2015, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Dev Diary released by Capcom today. It shows even more footage of the original N64 version. Let's hope they show the rest of the train in the next dev diary.

In the second Resident Evil 0 Developer Diary, producer Tsukasa Takenaka and original director Koji Oda dig into the original RE0 Prototype and discuss some ...
                              Last edited by biohazard_star; 08-07-2015, 01:15 PM.
                              Seibu teh geimu?
                              ---

Comment

• Koji Oda with RE0 prototype footage: 'Rather than a fond look back, I sense this could be a little embarrassing...'
                                Hideki Kamiya with RE2 prototype footage: 'Don't you fucking get near me with that tape...'

Boy, what I would give to spend some time in that R&D video archive room...

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                                Let's hope they show the rest of the train in the next dev diary.
                                I hate to be pessimistic, but I sense that the next video will focus on the development of the Gamecube version, since the original director sounded like he said all that he could say about the prototype. I do hope that the full video will be included as bonus content in the remaster, though.
                                Last edited by Enigmatism415; 08-07-2015, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X