Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
    I always thought he should have died horribly at the end and traumatised Rebecca as a way to explain her being nearly useless in REmake.
    I feel this would have made more sense tbh.

Comment

• Am I the only one that see's something really wrong in that image? hahahahha...

Freaky looking monster, but I guess it didn't fit in with the rest of them (being based on real life animals and insects - but bigger)
      "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
        Am I the only one that see's something really wrong in that image? hahahahha...

Freaky looking monster, but I guess it didn't fit in with the rest of them (being based on real life animals and insects - but bigger)
        It looks terrifying so I am quite dissapointed it didn't make it in. I'm convinced that the room near the dam towards the end (where the bugs bust out of the tubes) was where you were meant to fight it. That is where the track DALI plays.

It was either replaced by the proto tyrant fights or they thought the end section already had too many boss fights (Proto Tyrant 1 and 2, Doctor Marcus, Queen Leech).
        Last edited by Deathlygasm; 07-29-2015, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
          I always thought he should have died horribly at the end and traumatised Rebecca as a way to explain her being nearly useless in REmake.
          Would've been pointless since Rebecca is the same in both games. The "personality change" comes solely from voice acting/direction and the fact that a lot of her less than consistent scenes are optional.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
            Would've been pointless since Rebecca is the same in both games. The "personality change" comes solely from voice acting/direction and the fact that a lot of her less than consistent scenes are optional.
            Still doesn't explain her cowering from a Hunter when she killed some by herself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
              Still doesn't explain her cowering from a Hunter when she killed some by herself.
              I always assumed she had lost her gun or ran out of bullets at some point and was left defenseless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                I always assumed she had lost her gun or ran out of bullets at some point and was left defenseless.
                I know right? It's a shame she didn't bring the weapons she'd collected along with her, she could've cleaned house. I guess RE1 wouldn't be as compelling if Alpha team showed up to a mansion void of enemies, finds Rebecca smoking a cigar over a pile of corpses.

Wesker would have been shit out of luck for a distraction, "Er...Chris, Jill! Look out behind you! *Runs off*
                Last edited by REmaster; 07-31-2015, 05:28 AM.
                "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

• ^ and this is why prequels can mess up.. simply coz of the fact RE1 was made before Zero.

Same thing happened with RE2 and 3 with Nemesis breaking the RPD window.. yet a day later, its magically fixed in RE2?

@Canas Renvall - thats what I think too. In-game, Rebecca only had 15 rounds for the Handgun - not to mention she wasted too much time trying to get through the door - Chris had no choice, there was no time to lose
                  Last edited by RaccoonSurvivor; 07-31-2015, 01:39 PM.
                  "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                    ^ and this is why prequels can mess up.. simply coz of the fact RE1 was made before Zero.

Same thing happened with RE2 and 3 with Nemesis breaking the RPD window.. yet a day later, its magically fixed in RE2?

@Canas Renvall - thats what I think too. In-game, Rebecca only had 15 rounds for the Handgun - not to mention she wasted too much time trying to get through the door - Chris had no choice, there was no time to lose
                    Or the doors in the RPD main hall were all boarded up. All the debris in the entrance of the RPD is also gone a day later.

In many ways Zero did not make much sense, but it was a great game, though not of remake caliber.
                    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                      Small room, surprise attack, no ammo, etc. There's no issue with that scene at all.

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                      I know right? It's a shame she didn't bring the weapons she'd collected along with her, she could've cleaned house. I guess RE1 wouldn't be as compelling if Alpha team showed up to a mansion void of enemies, finds Rebecca smoking a cigar over a pile of corpses.

Wesker would have been shit out of luck for a distraction, "Er...Chris, Jill! Look out behind you! *Runs off*
                      Having weapons during gameplay isn't the same as having weapons in the story. Leon using his standard handgun at all times in BIO4 even if you throw it away, for example.

The BIO3 window and barricades are inconvenient but they're not issues. There's only so much you can do.
                      Last edited by News Bot; 08-01-2015, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                        Having weapons during gameplay isn't the same as having weapons in the story. Leon using his standard handgun at all times in BIO4 even if you throw it away, for example.
                        Oh absolutely, it was just a hypothetical scenario lol.

As for the door barricades, I just always thought they were broken through by zombie hordes before Leon/Claire arrived, but then there's the issue of the electronic locks.

Like you said, there really is only so much they can do.
                        Last edited by REmaster; 08-01-2015, 10:29 AM.
                        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

• All for convenience of gameplay essentially.

Comment

• News Bot, are there any glaring inconsistencies or plot holes in the Resident Evil canon that you will actually concede publicly?

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                              News Bot, are there any glaring inconsistencies or plot holes in the Resident Evil canon that you will actually concede publicly?
                              There would need to be glaring inconsistencies or plot holes to begin with. I'm sure there's one or two, though.

Comment

• Pretty sure there are. I remember you once said that in REmake there is a very hard to catch reference to the leeches in RE0 that sort of foreshadowed the upcoming prequel. Any chance you could clarify this?

Comment

Working...
                                X