Resident Evil 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 7

So I ended up finding a source of info. for Resident Evil 7 that supposedly will be released in the Fall around the time the new Halo game comes out. Also it would include 3 new characters. What are your thoughts?

Read up on the latest updates on Resident Evil 7 with the release date this fall being the same time as Halo 5 Guardians from 343 Industries; 0 HD Remaster will come out early 2016 while Capcom has provided a hands-on booth during the E3.

Just the fact that the article mentioned Alice should've been a giveaway that the author either has OSD or got his information from a 12 year old on neogaf.
    Last edited by CODE_umb87; 06-25-2015, 07:25 PM.

Comment

I saw that too and thought that it "Alice" was obviously speculation. However I want to believe that there will be 3 new characters and a Fall release for this year,that is quite possible. As for Alice she isn't what I would call a "new" character. If Capcom is throwing little bits of info they could well be playing it safe after their failed attempt to blow the trumpets with RE6. We will have to just wait and see.

Comment

Every RE has 3 -and even more- new characters, that wouldn't be anything surprising.
        The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

If RE7 was coming this fall, Capcom would have announced it waaaaay sooner. 5 months are not enough to promote the game.
          Look, they announced Zero Remaster in May for an early 2016 release, do the math. And it's just a Remaster, not a new full blown entry.

Comment

If RE7 was coming out at the end of the year, I would've hoped it had been mentioned at E3. I suppose it could still be mentioned at the TGS in September. Isn't this how RE6 was done? We really didn't know anything about it until the TGS, and then it was to come out a few months later. I don't know. But it would seem odd considering they are more focued on RE0 HD, unless they really want to keep RE7 as a surprise.
            My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
            ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

No. RE6 was announced in January 2012 with a release date in November 2012, and then at E3 2012 (I think) the date was changed to October 2012.
              Besides, bear in mind that a release of a numbered entry so close to its announcement was unprecedented for the series.
              No announcement at or before E3 = no release this year.

Comment

If it didn't come from Capcom or some kind of reliable or known gaming news site (IGN or GameInformer) I'd probably dismiss it as poo.

Comment

Usually, new entries of the franchise were released during the months of January, March or November.

November 2015 is unlikely as well as January 2016 (that's when RE0 HD should come out). So RE7 should be released either during March 2016 or November 2016.
                  Last edited by Grem; 06-27-2015, 02:45 PM.

Comment

With the high priority Capcom are giving these remasters I wouldn't be surprised if we see RE2make before RE7.
                    Last edited by CODE_umb87; 06-27-2015, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                      With the high priority Capcom are giving these remasters I wouldn't be surprised if we see RE2make before RE7.
                      A remaster and a remake are two completely different beasts.
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Lol total bullshit, they would have announced it by now! Considering how much Capcom has been teasing us with the game and hyping it up they would have definitely unveiled it at e3 to try to "steal the show"

Comment

I wouldn't expect it any sooner than late 2016.
                          sigpic
                          "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

I'll bet the Rev3 ends up being awesome while Re7 sucks.

Comment

If there's a Revelations 3 anytime I guarantee it will be worse than RER2, with Capcom chances of screwing the silly named 'Revelations series' with a third installment are about 110%

As for RE7, well, I'm not quite expecting anything good coming from there either. At this point it's obvious that some things aren't ever going to change.
                              The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Working...
                              X