Resident Evil 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
    Nice of them to include a interaced mode, makes a massive difference to framerate just wish they'd of coupled it with a fullscreen filter
    to make up for jaggies it creates, I wasn't exspecting this game to run at all on lowly laptop, only problem I have is it's not scaling some resolutions
    to fullscreen properly but letterboxing instead.
    Note the game is not borderless fullscreen.

Comment

• Did the 27th update and now it instantly crashes on win7 grrr

Comment

• whos got the game? iv got it and sof ar im loving it, so scared to move forward lol

Comment

• am i the only person on this forum who had the game early lol

Comment

• Nah I have it as well. Haven't played much, only two hours in. But it's incredibly tense and you never feel safe. I already died a couple of times, the beginning isn't easy. I heard it gets easier afterwards and it's a bit sad if it's true.

Comment

• Originally posted by P.I.M.P. View Post
              whos got the game? iv got it and sof ar im loving it, so scared to move forward lol

I rely on Steam dude lol

Avoid spoilers, this is the first good Resident Evil in 10 years.

Comment

• I have made a spoiler thread to discuss Resident Evil 7 here.

http://www.the-horror.com/forums/sho...spoiler-thread!

Elsewhere on the forum please avoid talking about spoilers.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                  Nah I have it as well. Haven't played much, only two hours in. But it's incredibly tense and you never feel safe. I already died a couple of times, the beginning isn't easy. I heard it gets easier afterwards and it's a bit sad if it's true.
                  i hope thats not true

Comment

• After reading a handful of reviews, the scores seem to hover around 9/10. Good job Capcom!

Comment

• I have gone through the whole game already twice on different modes and difficultys. It's a combination of 1+3+Revelation mechanics and taking use of today's technology. It's a true resident evil experience of the old school but also creating a new refreshing way of ushering a new targeted audience. To me it's a win win because a lot of us veteran fans here have gotten older and moved onto different things in life and enjoymebts of today's social uses and technology. But this game was crafted in love thanand Capcom admitting a needed to return to what we class as survival horror today in the medium.

I loved this game for the pop culture and tropes of the old films and having such a fan-fucking-fantastic character known as Jack and playing in VR was fucking 5th chess playing dimensional layers of jumpo scares and tension.

Have fun guys!

Comment

• Found an easter egg that most people except hardcore Re fans would miss. When playing the "Happy Birthday" tape in the beginning Lucas begins to drag someone then stops to input a code on the keypad. If you listen carefully the sound it makes when it's being inputted and confirmed is the inventory sound effects from RE2. Sorry if it's a mild spoiler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
                          Found an easter egg that most people except hardcore Re fans would miss. When playing the "Happy Birthday" tape in the beginning Lucas begins to drag someone then stops to input a code on the keypad. If you listen carefully the sound it makes when it's being inputted and confirmed is the inventory sound effects from RE2. Sorry if it's a mild spoiler.
                          I loved that little bit! It was nice to hear those sounds once again.
                          Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
                            Found an easter egg that most people except hardcore Re fans would miss. When playing the "Happy Birthday" tape in the beginning Lucas begins to drag someone then stops to input a code on the keypad. If you listen carefully the sound it makes when it's being inputted and confirmed is the inventory sound effects from RE2. Sorry if it's a mild spoiler.
                            Pretty sure it's the BIO3 sound effects actually. They're also used in Outbreak.
                            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                              Note the game is not borderless fullscreen.
                              You might be able to get around this by using a program called ShiftWindow. I use it for Dark Souls 2 since that game doesn't support it either. I just set it to Windowed mode, and the resolution that my monitor is, then adjust/tweak it with a ShiftWindow profile. It works really well there

As for RE7, I played a little bit but was kind of turned off by it. I think I went into it with the wrong mindset though, since it is such a departure from the way the series has been. I'll give it another go eventually, but I might just wait until the VR version is released for PC. That might actually push me to pick up a VR Headset if they raise they bar on the next gen headsets.
                              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 01-28-2017, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                                You might be able to get around this by using a program called ShiftWindow. I use it for Dark Souls 2 since that game doesn't support it either. I just set it to Windowed mode, and the resolution that my monitor is, then adjust/tweak it with a ShiftWindow profile. It works really well there

As for RE7, I played a little bit but was kind of turned off by it. I think I went into it with the wrong mindset though, since it is such a departure from the way the series has been. I'll give it another go eventually, but I might just wait until the VR version is released for PC. That might actually push me to pick up a VR Headset if they raise they bar on the next gen headsets.
                                Yah - I picked it up on PC, mainly because I enjoyed the fuck out of Alien Isolation on PC with good headphones on, etc - its a similar experience. I didn't fancy having a 480p monitor strapped to my head (or whatever PSVR is ). But yeah PC VR, sign me the hell up when it becomes good, as long as its not that teleport movement style like FO4..

So you've been playing the Souls games? Haha, I picked up Bloodborne last year after eventually falling to the hype.. and I was like what the fuck is this shit.. it felt like Phantasy Star Online but without the fun.. it took me a longgg time to get used to it. About six months later my friend offered to go through the game with me on co-op - haven't had so much fun gaming for a long time! Did the same with Dark Souls 1 recently on PC - exclusively co-op. It's funny as people would invade expecting to face one player, but it was actually me and my friend (one of the best Souls veterans around) so we just ganked the fuck out of them haha, even the ones that bowed to us - good stuff. Dark Souls II:SoTFS is the only one I've done solo so far (about 80 hours in on PS4 version).. I got a bit tired of it though so currently playing Persona 5!

Yeah I guess that's my story of "modern gaming" since you were last around

Comment

Working...
                                X