No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy cow. This is one of the best RE games in years. I was wrong to judge it for being a first person game when it was announced. Those were never my cup of tea, really. It's not quite what I expected/wanted either, but it's been very entertaining. To be honest though, it to me feels more like a Silent Hill game. I've said that on Biohaze as well. But I just completed it tonight, and what a cool game.

Comment

• The game is very good and has the heartbeat of the classic games, just now in first person. I am really blown away by it and it's great to see a very good RE game come out. It feels weird to get save rooms, item boxes, and dedicated save locations back. It really does give me a sense of nostalgia from the older games while being fresh and new. This is exactly what the series needed, a return to survival horror. Welcome back Resident Evil!

I beat it a second time today and started my play through of Mad House mode. Holly balls the first boss fight is a lot more demanding of these shots.
      Last edited by Zombie_X; 01-28-2017, 10:28 PM.
      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
        The game is very good and has the heartbeat of the classic games, just now in first person. I am really blown away by it and it's great to see a very good RE game come out.

I beat it a second time today and started my play through of Mad House mode. Holly balls the first boss fight is a lot more demanding of these shots.
        How does the 2nd half hold up? Only started playing tonight, so far so good, but I heard some "things" about end game..

Comment

• The second half of the game has more puzzles, and some exploring to collect keys, and you have to get a corroding liquid to rot the locks on certain doors. I recall looking for a power cable.

Comment

• Well by then end you get some ammo thrown at you and health as well. It does become a tad easier, but it's nothing too bad. At the end of my second play through I had close to 180 handgun bullets, 60 shotgun shells, and 10 first aids saved up. I already have the Magnum unlocked, and that thing is a beast.

Spoiler:
            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• But you need 9 antique coins to get it out of the bird cage first.

I cannot wait for the new DLC this spring. Ya dancer!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                Well by then end you get some ammo thrown at you and health as well. It does become a tad easier, but it's nothing too bad. At the end of my second play through I had close to 180 handgun bullets, 60 shotgun shells, and 10 first aids saved up. I already have the Magnum unlocked, and that thing is a beast.

Spoiler:
                Sounds like a typical RE1/2 playthrough then, lots of stuff saved up towards the end!

Originally posted by BSAA . Org View Post
                The second half of the game has more puzzles, and some exploring to collect keys, and you have to get a corroding liquid to rot the locks on certain doors. I recall looking for a power cable.
                Uh, OK, do you have to walk slowly with it as well

It's funny, I started Biohazard 3 on VITA on "Heavy Mode" today as well, it's really nice going back to that game after a long break. The city feels very atmospheric with headphones on. My beta sense is so in tune I was wondering why I couldn't grab the chain in the starting room with Dario. Beta stuff messes with your mind after long breaks!

Comment

• After spoiling myself, I really wish the devs had talked about the story more before release. The cannibal hillbilly theme, combined with statements that there would only be hints at previous RE events, made me completely dismiss this game as Resident Evil in-name-only, which I had exactly zero interest in even watching a let's play of, let alone getting myself.

Now that I know that isn't exactly the case, I'll probably pick it up eventually, but if I'd known earlier I probably would have pre-ordered. I get that they wanted everything to be a surprise, but they could have maintained that while still showing us that this was very much linked to the overall RE story.

Comment

• Great to see RE7's release and re-ignited life in these forums. Finished it this morning on normal and going to play through on Madhouse before the DLC is out, and will summerise my thoughts then. Until then, roll on RE2Make, action led titles being under the 'Revelations' banner, 1.5 & Code:madman progressing well and of course, a great RE8!
                    "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• Does anyone else think the video tapes are so Silent Hill-like?

Comment

• Just letting you know that my post is spoiler-free. I definitely appreciate spoiler-free posts in this thread.

I'll be honest, I'm having a hard time playing this game. It is extremely unsettling. I think the graphics are great, and my favorite part of the game so far is the garage part (for those who played, you know what I'm talking about). The realism and the gameplay mechanics are excellent. Capcom has really done a good job on this game. And this is coming from someone who was opposed to it being a first-person view game.

I love the fact that you can actually move your head and see the rest of your body. It is more than a typical first-person view game. It is meant so that you feel like you are the character. Most FPS games only show you the weapon at best. This game shows you the whole character (everything but the face, because you are looking through his eyes).

I am terrified with Jack.

Spoiler:

Anyone else having the same fear?
                        My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                        ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
                          I am terrified with Jack.

Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:
                          Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 01-30-2017, 02:15 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• TheSelfishGene, a question for you:

Spoiler:
                            My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                            ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

TheSelfishGene, a question for you:

Spoiler:
                              Spoiler:
                              sigpic

Comment

TheSelfishGene, a question for you:

Spoiler:
                                Spoiler: