No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I admit, I was pretty skeptical at first hearing about it being a FPS, but now I'm actually loving the idea of it being fresh and new. The VR with it will be amazing I'm sure.
    Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

Just got done playing the demo. The atmosphere is pretty impressive in terms of creepy, but I still fail to see how this connects to the rest of the series. Also it's a little weird playing as a helpless character for a change after so many years of RE protagonists being trained fighters.

Comment

I'm cautiously optimistic. I don't have a PS4 to play the demo - but I'm really liking what I'm seeing.
        There's no familiar characters from what I can tell in the trailer. No cheap nostalgia.
        It honestly seems like Capcom are brave enough to do something different with RE again - the first time since RE4 they won't be following the pack. This alone has me excited. I'm hoping it's fresh talent making the game too rather than old Capcom staff playing it very safe.
        I'm still a bit reserved since Biohazard reveal trailers are often VERY different to the finished products (RE2, 4, 5,) - but them putting a date on it already assures me that what we see is pretty much what we're going to get come January.
        The only other time they did this was RE6 and I think they committed to a really bad game there. I hope they are onto something great here. I'm looking forward to hearing the demo feedback (IIRC the RE6 demo feedback was also a good indication of what came later..)
        sigpic

Comment

I'm trying to get the other endings right now.

Comment

I appreciate the effort but its not for me.

Comment

The Good: It's VR horror. Something that needs to be done eventually. At least Resident Evil will be the one to take advantage of that tech advantage. I'll play it for that alone.

The Bad: Doesn't really feel like Resident Evil at all. But I guess we don't have much to go on.. So who knows.

The Ugly: I know combat hasn't been shown but so far it reminds me of Outlast.. you know that game where you're just waiting in the dark, in some underground room, waiting for a dumb patrol AI to go by. That's not fun gameplay. I'm hoping it's at least more like Alien Isolation where you can fight back a little.

Comment

"Silent Hills" much anybody???

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
                  I know combat hasn't been shown but so far it reminds me of Outlast.. you know that game where you're just waiting in the dark, in some underground room, waiting for a dumb patrol AI to go by. That's not fun gameplay. I'm hoping it's at least more like Alien Isolation where you can fight back a little.
                  Very minor spoilers for the demo, but there is a melee weapon already present, and the HUD options indicate that there are firearms in the full game. I'd give it the benefit of the doubt and say that they're trying to set a tone first and foremost.

Comment

Really love it.

artwork looks temporary.

That is all we need, graphics, soundtrack, eerie atmosphere. Next thing is a lab or a castle.

What would it be? Go to CDC to find some cure like The Walking Dead? I'd like that.

Comment

I've played the demo and I have a feeling this isn't going to be first person - as it seems like quite a leap but at the same time I wouldn't mind it, it's an interesting concept that strays away from the action of the last few games. The demo reminds me a lot of PT, full of mysteries and stuff that people are trying to solve.

Comment

Today's stream has confirmed that, as hinted by the in-jokes, the demo is not part of the main game.

Comment

is this the remake of silent hill that Hideo was supposed to do?

Comment

If that's the case, they're probably just doing it to attract the fans of Silent Hills and PT (Myself included). It's not a bad idea though, the demo is pretty creepy in it's own right, with just the right amount of mystery behind it, perhaps not as good as PT and it's big reveal at the end, but still enjoyable.

Comment

It will still be first person, but as demonstrated by the presence of a melee weapon in the demo, the control settings, and how it generally plays, this will be resident evil, but in first person and not in a cumbersome manner like the survivor series.

Comment

So is this really what Resident Evil 7 will be like then???

Comment

Working...
                                X