No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking of a similar style to the REmake but in first person. Let's wait till tgs and see some weapons gameplay. This less of a severe transition than the first one from static camera angles with premade backgrounds and tank controls to fully 3d areas in a third-person perspective with far more flexible controls.

Comment

I'll just wait for RE2make! IF that wasn't a scam!

Comment

La vid?o promotionnelle pour le lancement de la machine BIOHAZARD pachislot / pachinko au Japon. Sur l'univers de Resident Evil Rebirth, une dr?le d'aventure...

After watching the trailer and playing through the demo, I couldn't help but think of the opening scene here in the Spencer Mansion. If we got anything NEAR this, sign me up. Also, with this being built from the ground up on the new RE engine, I believe that first person will not be the only perspective available.

Comment

So what the hell was the point of that demo then???

Such a waste of time

Comment

Such a waste of time

Comment

They've already stated that the game is in first person, fully. No tricks like deus ex: human revolution. And the point was to generate interest, spark discussions, and reveal something that alludes to how the main game will be.

Give it a chance, be patient. Or would you all prefer we have everything spoiled immediately like 5 and its trailers essentially did during the buildup to that release?

Comment

Originally posted by Undead Sega View Post

Such a waste of time
                Have you seen the trailer? It's pretty similar to what was on the demo. Pretty sure the house itself will also be featured in the final version given you see it in the trailer as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake View Post
                  They've already stated that the game is in first person, fully. No tricks like deus ex: human revolution. And the point was to generate interest, spark discussions, and reveal something that alludes to how the main game will be.

Give it a chance, be patient. Or would you all prefer we have everything spoiled immediately like 5 and its trailers essentially did during the buildup to that release?
                  Where did it state first person is the only mode?
                  Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

"A dramatic new shift for the series to first person view in a photorealistic style powered by Capcom’s new RE Engine, Resident Evil 7 delivers an unprecedented level of immersion that brings the thrilling horror up close and personal. "

Use of the word shift indicates a permanent view fixation.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake View Post
                      "A dramatic new shift for the series to first person view in a photorealistic style powered by Capcom’s new RE Engine, Resident Evil 7 delivers an unprecedented level of immersion that brings the thrilling horror up close and personal. "

Use of the word shift indicates a permanent view fixation.
                      Gotcha, thanks! Completely slipped my mind reading.

I'll still be on board with it despite the FPS change, it's appealing and different. Something RE hasn't done in ages.
                      Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

Mehh... played the demo on PS4 a few times - getting used to the change of perspective, but it still doesn't feel RE to me.
                        Maybe if they'd named it Survivor 4 LOL

Seriously though, felt too much like Silent Hill than Resident Evil - and why on earth do Capcom zombies now have to do the House of the Dead thing since RE4 - using weapons.
                        I preferred the slow zombies that were braindead - no use of knives, guns etc. It's dumb for something dead to make sudden movements (end cutscene of demo)

If they added a fixed camera third person mode as an option - I'd be happier (halfway through the demo, stand still and watch the others move around the house - imagine it like the classics and you'll get the idea)
                        "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

This demo felt like a poor man's PT to me. I am sad.

Comment

where do we get this demo?

Comment

we already had first person in code Veronica, not really groundbreaking to the series at all.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyjoejangles View Post
                                where do we get this demo?
                                It's exclusive to PSN but I believe you have to be a plus member.

Comment

Working...
                                X