No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah its PS Plus members only. you have to go into the PS Plus section of the store it won't come up if you just search it

Comment

Even though this looks promising, I really hope the main game will not be a gimmicky/overtly cinematic/short VR tech demo (tbh, I don't give a shit about VR). I would really like for them
      to retain that slight arcadey Japanese feeling they had even in the old games. I am afraid that they will be mimicking the style of modern zombie/slasher
      movies, with cheap cannonfodder characters, but thats just a feeling.

Also, if we really are moving forward with this new format, I really wonder how they will be able to realistically continue/conclude Leon's and Chris's stories
      even if you will not be playing as any of them. I suppose that they need a some kind of closure, especially if this will be the new style, but referencing the epic RE4-6 events in this kind of game would
      be.....well.....interesting?

Still, I hope we will have more link with the old RE.

Also, anyone else got a feeling that they may pull off something similar to what Evil Dead did? (reboot and the TV show, turning the cards completely again).
      Last edited by fishboil; 06-16-2016, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Full 1st person view. Ark Thompson and/or Bruce McGivern are back maybe? <.<

So like, Capcom's aping the Texas Chainsaw massacre/The Hills Have eyes-movies now? Uhh, yeah... I don't really care about the 1st person view, they already did it in the 2000 Gun Survivor and it wasn't a bad idea then either. But once more they're trying to imitate what's popular, and follow the latest trends instead of doing something of their own. Yeah, I don't have a whole lot of faith in this. Watching that trailer, I was half expecting Leatherface to show up. We'll see...

Comment

So, umm, to be honest I didn't even finish RE6. Hard to understand from wiki, but are Leon's and Chris's stories concluded, or everything is sorta open-ended? I mean, is it
          like RE4 where they just dropped the story abruptly? (well, I understand that Jake is hunting zombies in Eastern Europe).

lol, I dont think that Ark or Bruce would participate in a paranormal tv show and break into abandoned houses after killing loads of zombies. They already said none of the known characters will be featured.

Comment

Originally posted by fishboil View Post
            So, umm, to be honest I didn't even finish RE6. Hard to understand from wiki, but are Leon's and Chris's stories concluded, or everything is sorta open-ended? I mean, is it
            like RE4 where they just dropped the story abruptly? (well, I understand that Jake is hunting zombies in Eastern Europe).

lol, I dont think that Ark or Bruce would participate in a paranormal tv show and break into abandoned houses after killing loads of zombies. They already said none of the known characters will be featured.
            I don't think there is such a thing as a "concluded" ending in the RE series. Both Chris and Leon got a happy ending that could easily be a sendoff for them, but it won't stop Capcom from using them again later. RE5 was the perfect ending for Chris yet they brought him back with a pathetic excuse for RE6.

At this point I honestly don't care what kind of endings veteran characters get, just as long as they take a break from using them and focus on entirely new characters that aren't annoying offsprings of classic characters like Jake and Moira were.
            Last edited by CODE_umb87; 06-16-2016, 05:19 PM.

Comment

What does everybody think of the supposed mystery that a lot of players are searching for in the demo? I've seen streamers spending hours searching through every last inch of the house in hope for a proper ending to the demo.

Comment

Everything seems great, except the fact that it is first-person only. I don't like first-person games. I'm actually really surprised that they did that. I made a thread over at Capcom-Unity. If you would like this game to have a third-person mode, please head on over there and support the idea.
                My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Change is good. It doesn't bother me one bit if it is played right. You have to remember also that it's a teaser and doesn't reflect the final product.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
                    Everything seems great, except the fact that it is first-person only. I don't like first-person games. I'm actually really surprised that they did that. I made a thread over at Capcom-Unity. If you would like this game to have a third-person mode, please head on over there and support the idea.
                    They should stick with first-person. Trying to balance both would be a disaster and would only weaken the game.
                    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I found a finger but couldn't figure out what to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyjoejangles View Post
                        I found a finger but couldn't figure out what to do with it.
                        It works on the piano if it doesn't shut on you.
                        Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

nice thanks

Comment

Little more news:
                            Western writer confirmed: http://www.eurogamer.nl/articles/201...erse-schrijver
                            Worked on the FEAR series in extraction point and Perseus mandate, was a supporting writer in spec ops: the line.

Comment

Initially I was a bit disappointed by the idea of first person but when I played the demo it changed my mind. Regardless of whether this demo is connected to the final game or even relevant, I'm excited to see what this installment will bring.

Comment

There's no way this will have a third-person mode. The first-person suits the type of game they're going for.

Though interestingly, after playing RE7, I started playing Psycho Break/TEW (free on PSN plus this month), quite a frustrating game to put it mildly, but it has some really great horror moments amid the clumsiness. I loved how they screwed with the hospital hub area after repeated visits, possibly one of my best gaming horror memories, it's like if RE suddenly put zombies under the bed in a save room you've been to before or something. I now feel there's still a lot that can be done with third-person horror, it just won't be RE7 that will do it.

Originally posted by The Patriot View Post
                                Very minor spoilers for the demo, but there is a melee weapon already present, and the HUD options indicate that there are firearms in the full game. I'd give it the benefit of the doubt and say that they're trying to set a tone first and foremost.
                                Yeah, I noticed that after actually playing it (had just watched a friend's stream before). The "demo" is far too short to make any sort of judgement so I'll hold off from saying more.

Comment

Working...
                                X