Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biohazard: Umbrella Corps (possible next game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scream View Post
    And apparently, according to Famitsu, where the reviewers each gave it 9/10 for a total of 36/40, this game is better than Silent Hill, Silent Hill 2, Code Veronica and is on par with Resident Evil 3. Lolz.

Metacritic isn't so kind as yet.
    Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 06-23-2016, 05:49 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

I can't barely stand listening to the game. Just like Chronicles, the repetitive and poor gunshot sounds hurts everyone's head.

Comment

Apparently....someone isn't as dead as we thought....

Seems Jake might just get to meet his papa.

Comment

The Wesker clones are coming LOL.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

To be fair, Wesker had the data from the red queen, which likely contained the knowledge on how to clone due to Sergei and his clones (the original tyrants before the fear hormone was discovered to make the mass-produced variants). This would explain why Wesker seemed to go off rails near the end of 5, clone degradation being the culprit. Not to mention, it'd be an excellent way to get the heat off his back, considering Chris and the BSAA were dead set on stopping him.

He gets to operate in the shadows, just as he likes, watching events unfold and manipulating them for his own benefit.

Comment

If he could clone himself why not Jill, or the dead stars members?

Comment

What would be the point? They would serve no real purpose that other, highly trained soldiers such as the umbrella corps members, couldn't not only replicate but even surpass. Sure, it could be a tad bit tragic to Chris and oppress him, but Wesker is no fool and knows chris will persevere, hence why it'd make more sense to clone himself and fake his death. Wih Jill, he had her blood and likely genome that makes her special in terms of virus experimentation, so in order to further cement his "death" he gives Chris back his old partner.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake View Post
                  What would be the point? They would serve no real purpose that other, highly trained soldiers such as the umbrella corps members, couldn't not only replicate but even surpass. Sure, it could be a tad bit tragic to Chris and oppress him, but Wesker is no fool and knows chris will persevere, hence why it'd make more sense to clone himself and fake his death. Wih Jill, he had her blood and likely genome that makes her special in terms of virus experimentation, so in order to further cement his "death" he gives Chris back his old partner.
                  Enrico clone kill Barry
                  Barry clone kill Jill
                  Jill clone kill Chris
                  Chris clone kill Rebecca

Comment

Again, what would be the point? Wesker has shown a bit of a vindictive streak, but he isn't usually needlessly cruel and, at the least, wouldn't waste resources to do what times is already doing for him: getting rid of the former stars members. At this point in time, Wesker would be or is nearing 60 but, due to the virus he has, he is likely still as spry and strong as he was in the original game while his former team are all aging.

Comment

Funny thing is, I'm pretty sure that the guy you play with on Umbrella Corps' Single player mode is voiced by DC Douglas.

By the end, the loading text keeps refering to him something along the lines being "death itself". I'm worried they're trying to do a HUNK/Wesker hybrid or some crap like that.

A soldier Wesker clone, yeah, that I could handle, cloning has been a theme on the series before...

But mixing some HUNK in there to make some fanfiction abortion? No thanks.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Thing is, Wesker has been and always will be, quite conniving. To clone him with the C-virus and think you could control him where Spencer and others failed, is quite faulty. Not to mention, he seems to be in a leadership position (being capable of making the players original supervisor disappear when he tried to dig further into the identity of who the voice is), which would likely only be possible if this is the real Albert Wesker, having faked his death via a clone in his place during 5. Can't let anyone find out he is actually alive and well, after all.
                        Last edited by Drake; 06-25-2016, 04:50 AM.

Comment

I think it's more believable if Wesker did die after the events of re1,
                          him staying alive just long enough after injecting to escape the mansion
                          and create endless clones of himself, soul transfer immortality.

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                            Funny thing is, I'm pretty sure that the guy you play with on Umbrella Corps' Single player mode is voiced by DC Douglas.
                            DC Douglas has confirmed that he voiced Wesker and the Player in Umbrella Corp.

Albert Wesker parody videos! Resident Evil fans, rejoice! Voice actor DC Douglas has created several little gifts for the fans over the years...

Canon or not, there's no way I'll be playing this game.
                            Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 06-27-2016, 06:55 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                              DC Douglas has confirmed that he voiced Wesker and the Player in Umbrella Corp.

Albert Wesker parody videos! Resident Evil fans, rejoice! Voice actor DC Douglas has created several little gifts for the fans over the years...

Canon or not, there's no way I'll be playing this game.
                              lol!!!!

Comment

Say what you will about the gameplay, but the lore and story is certainly interesting and can be considered good. Sorta like the gun survivors: 1 and 4 are canon and quite interesting, but play like bollocks.

Comment

Working...
                                X