Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biohazard: Umbrella Corps (possible next game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing good could have came from a game named Umbrella Corps, it's as if we already knew what was coming...

At least it doesn't have the Resident Evil name in there. I also have doubts that this is made by the same people who are giving us the remasters and of course the remake. It seems like they're trying to jump onto that competitive shooter market.

Comment

Lame generic shooter, not even worth talking about it. It's nice though that they're at least not putting the Resident Evil name into this.
      The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Well i am not sure how i feel but it does suck 20th anniversary of RE and their not even giving us a new RE game..... what the hell is that shit i wanna see some RE7 god damn it. but i think ill give this game a chance even though its not RE. i think their basically using the RE related stuff in it to appeal to some Re fans that like that stuff. but it looks better then ORC did and the fact its not 60.00 is nice so ill give it a try what the hell.

Comment

Originally posted by nicksena17 View Post
          Well i am not sure how i feel but it does suck 20th anniversary of RE and their not even giving us a new RE game..... what the hell is that shit i wanna see some RE7 god damn it. but i think ill give this game a chance even though its not RE. i think their basically using the RE related stuff in it to appeal to some Re fans that like that stuff. but it looks better then ORC did and the fact its not 60.00 is nice so ill give it a try what the hell.
          If you really think this is the only thing coming out to celebrate the 20th anniversary, you're going to be mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
            RE 20th anniversary was talked about, this is all they announced, didn't even talk about RE0 remaster so could still be a RE7.

If you pause trailer near the end, looks like certain areas from others going to be used.

The top middle is clearly RE4 village, some other look like RE2 labs or Kijuju.

edit:
            Umbrella Corps will be coming digitally to PlayStation 4 and PC in North America and Europe in early 2016, for $29.99 / €29.99 / £24.99.
            I don't care if it's $1, Capcom won't get a cent out of me for this chunk of shit.

Comment

Vote with your wallets people. Just because it's RE-related you don't have to buy it (thank god it at least doesn't have the Resident Evil name). I for one am not going to make the same mistake as with ORC, I won't support a direction I'm not happy with... spinoff or not!

Comment

I'll laugh if it actually outsells the remasters. You all seem to be doubting the a lot of people who love shooters, especially team competitive shooters.
                Last edited by Drake; 09-15-2015, 06:55 PM.

Comment

I really hope nobody from this trash is associated with RE2make in any way.
                  Last edited by CODE_umb87; 09-15-2015, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Gonna be fun to sit back and watch this fail horribly like ORC, here's hoping it's even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by ajrich17901 View Post
                      Gonna be fun to sit back and watch this fail horribly like ORC, here's hoping it's even worse.
                      ORC sold 2.4m, hardly a failure. Those sales are likely why we have this. There was cleary enough interest in a RE themed shooter, just that people didn't like the fact it felt low budget and poorly developed.
                      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

this game look sooo baaaad, that will fail since day one, capcom looks like they want to reborn and die again.

if they are on the remake bussines why not make outbreak file 1 and 2 remakes instead of this horrible attempt?

but oh well.

Comment

Wow. At least ORC looked somewhat interesting. This doesn't look good at all. From the trailer, it seems that most of the combat is going to be between humans, and less focus on the BOWs. The areas don't even look that interesting, and as others have said, just looks like another generic shooter. Oh well.

Even with the full-length trailer, there should be something that sparked interest for me, but there was nothing.
                          My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                          ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                            If you really think this is the only thing coming out to celebrate the 20th anniversary, you're going to be mistaken.
                            i did see a photo about 3 22 16 possibly hinting at re 7 but idk i really doubt it. id like to see more then the re 0 remake and umbrella corps for 20th anniversary.
                            though capcom knows how big this is maybe they are waiting as for umbrella corps i really like the idea of creating/joining a clan with all your friends and taking the fight against others always liked teaming up putting your skills on the line i think that would be alot of fun,

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                              ORC sold 2.4m, hardly a failure. Those sales are likely why we have this. There was cleary enough interest in a RE themed shooter, just that people didn't like the fact it felt low budget and poorly developed.
                              Not a failure, but in Capcom's eyes it wasn't a success either. Their original FY targets for FY2010/11 set them originally at the start for 2.5 million... they had to downgrade the forecast to 2 million and offset the expected losses. Clearly Capcom still hasn't ever made that back as years on, it still hasn't even met that original target of 2.5 million and many of these would have been sold at a lower unit price.

Capcom has lowered its sales expectations for impending franchise spin-off Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. As se…

This doesn't feel any different than ORC... so peoples opinion on low budget and potentially poorly developed. It's using Unity to cut costs, it's online and download only, with a slightly lower price tells you how big the budget is.... I expect sales targets are not higher with 1 million at first, with the hope it gets legs for it's online... but I expect it'll fail at having any long term impact on the industry (especially seeing what gameplay demos are coming off the TGS floor).

Comment

Live action trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZVy9TgqBRc

@ROmbie Capcom using Unity likely to test out other engines since Phanta Ray or whatever it is seems to be having problems, they've not made a single game using it aside from Deep Down which has long vanished.
                                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                                X