Capcom asking the fans about an REmake 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was that kind of worded oddly?

What "has drawn some attention in the media"? and what "approach"?

I think they should remake 1.5 when they remake 2, how poetic would that be. Part 2 was a big deal when it came out on the PS1. coverage, demos, and riding the success of the first game. Was it delayed after 1.5 was scraped I can't remember.

What was the pinnacle of biohazard? Was it zombies or villagers? According the sales I think 5 is best selling, but 2 sold most on the PS1.
    What is the brand identity about? I only really identified with the first one. maybe you guys can fill me in on what kids today think resident evil is?

Comment

Reeks of desperation. Same as the DMC4 special edition and the new HD port of REmake, they've ruined almost all of their flagship franchises, and are reduced to supporting themselves with endless remakes and sequels, so of course NOW they're game with the idea of doing a RE2 remake. They're scraping the bottom of the barrel here, feeding off of past glory. Sorry Capcom bros, but that ship sailed about a decade back. Simply porting the already existing REmake is one thing. For a full RE2make, they'd have to create everything again from scratch, and I'm just not convinced that Capcom has the talent to get it done right anymore. Not to mention, this is pretty much beating a dead horse here. No, I'm not convinced. How about some new ideas instead?

Comment

Can anyone translate
        Last edited by Chris' Boob; 07-31-2015, 09:36 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

I'd welcome this and hope they do it right this time around.

I don't want a RE4/5/6 style gameplay at all - I'd much prefer a REmake/Zero vibe here..
          IMO think they did OK remaking the rooms and music for DSC - but due to the Wii's capabilities.. could have been better.

They'd have to redo Claire's classic skin though - coz that recolour and new style (while OK) clashes with me.. they need the old red shorts and for the whole look to look less 'cowgirl' than it did in DSC and all the other modern iterations of RE2 Claire (REV2, ORC)
          "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

So, is RE2 Remake a definite go?
            My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
            ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
              So, is RE2 Remake a definite go?
              Seems so. I just hope they don't end up screwing it up with too much action, less horror and that stupid over the shoulder camera view. I'm kinda leaning towards they won't use pre rendered backgrounds though I hope they consider it.

Comment

Man a remake is on it's way.. better be like the original's remake for Gamecube though. if it isn't, I'm not touching it.
                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

God help us all.
                  "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                  Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by Hunk_4TH View Post
                    Seems so. I just hope they don't end up screwing it up with too much action, less horror and that stupid over the shoulder camera view. I'm kinda leaning towards they won't use pre rendered backgrounds though I hope they consider it.
                    This. If it's just a REV2 style gameplay with a RE2 ''skin'' I'll be majorly disappointed.

I'd still buy it and play it of course - but I'm prefer a TRUE horror experience, more akin to REmake and Zero style.
                    "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post

God help us all.
                      I love this Ron Paul .gif so much.
                      sigpic
                      "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

If the Remake of 2 doesn't sell though, we can all kiss Remake3 goodbye. I would love to see 3 remade as well.
                        My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                        ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

im honestly very excited about this, from the look of that picture the clip on it held alot of papers behind it wonder if more dealt with re 2 remake i think capcom knows the risk with remaking this game because how popular it really is, which is why i think they asked the fans for some input somehow value what we have to say for this game... for some reason i have my hopes up will love to play a fresh re 2 would be awesome if they include hunk and tofu, possibly extreme battle mode

Comment

Originally posted by Chris' Boob View Post

Can anyone translate
                            Essentially:

Confidential
                            Biohazard 2: New Restoration program.

Project/Contents outline

TAKE 5
                            July 31st -2015

The remaining kanji are too fuzzy and unclear, I can't read them properly. But essentially, it's a paper that suggests they are in full remake mode again.

Comment

新規再生計画
                              プロジェクト/コンテンツ概要書
                              制作:平林良章

Remake plans
                              Project/contents synopsis
                              Producer: Yoshiaki Hirabayashi

Hirabayashi is "Mr.H".

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                              , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

Wonder how long of a wait it'll be. Seemed like REmake was developed in just around a year.

Comment

Working...
                                X