No announcement yet.

Capcom asking the fans about an REmake 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lickers and Crimson Heads are created with two different strains of t-virus. You can't have both in Raccoon City unless one group ware infected separately and released into the city.
    "I've got 100 cows."
    "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

• So ready to see the Lickers in RE2make

Comment

• I really do hope they bring back crimson heads. The series needs to give them more love. There's no reason why both crimsons and lickers can't be in the game together, I mean, they both have identical traits it's not like it would be too farfetched to say they come from the same strand of virus....like a zombie could mutate into either or. I know they both come from a different type of t-virus and all but just for the sake of changing things up it wouldn't hurt.
        Last edited by CODE_umb87; 08-09-2015, 12:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
          I really do hope they bring back crimson heads. The series needs to give them more love. There's no reason why both crimsons and lickers can't be in the game together, I mean, they both have identical traits it's not like it would be too farfetched to say they come from the same strand of virus....like a zombie could mutate into either or. I know they both come from a different type of t-virus and all but just for the sake of changing things up it wouldn't hurt.
          I remember reading an interview where a developer said they originally wanted the crimson heads to transform into lickers in REmake over time, but scrapped that idea because they said the player wouldn't be in the same place long enough for it to happen. But if I remember correctly, there was alot of backtracking and in many of my games I left crimson heads unharmed only for them to spook me from around the corner. I'm sure they can implement this idea into RE2make.

Comment

• Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
            I remember reading an interview where a developer said they originally wanted the crimson heads to transform into lickers in REmake over time, but scrapped that idea because they said the player wouldn't be in the same place long enough for it to happen. But if I remember correctly, there was alot of backtracking and in many of my games I left crimson heads unharmed only for them to spook me from around the corner. I'm sure they can implement this idea into RE2make.
            I've actually never heard of this! Sounds fucking terrifying tbh! I could see a few crimson heads like the one in the Arrow room becoming a licker.

Comment

• TheBatMan well pointed the reasons, if you want an evolved zombie you already have an even more evolved: the Licker, for that; so other than fan service there wouldn't be any point to far-fetch Crimson Heads. Lickers are what RE2 zombies are suposed to become upon further mutation. Adding an in-between Zombie-Licker phase might do the trick though so we can feel that process more believable and get something similar to a Crimson Head.
              Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 08-09-2015, 11:02 AM.
              The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
                TheBatMan well pointed the reasons, if you want an evolved zombie you already have an even more evolved: the Licker, for that; so other than fan service there wouldn't be any point to far-fetch Crimson Heads. Lickers are what RE2 zombies are suposed to become upon further mutation. Adding an in-between Zombie-Licker phase might do the trick though so we can feel that process more believable and get something similar to a Crimson Head.
                I like that idea tbh, burning zombies so they don't become lickers but still having various lickers in the game even if you keep burning.

Comment

• Maybe they'll tweak the balance more so RE2 will feel more like remake. RE2 always felt far to action packed to be a true survival horror game. Slow down the pace, make the enemies more deadly, give you less ammo.
                  My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• I'll buy a REmake style two three and code veronica beacause six sucked RE is not QTE. to me

Comment

• I vote less enemies but make them tougher like in REmake and less ammo.

Comment

• In technicality if there are Lickers there may as well be some Crimson Heads roaming around Raccoon City. As much as ORC was just a action packed mess it did make it a point that the V-Act was present in Raccoon City.We can all agree that zombies > Crimson Heads > Lickers if not exposed properly. Other than the complete graphics overhaul in the REmake/HDmake, Crimson Heads are one of the things that kept me on edge during my first play through. Including them in a RE2make/HD2make would make it pretty intense especially if lets say Martin turns into one.

Comment

• ORC is not canon and Crimson Heads do not evolve into Lickers.

Comment

• ORC didn't happen, simple as that!

Comment

• Crimson Heads are good for gameplay and gameplay is what matters. Any reason to not use them has easy workarounds.
                              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                                Crimson Heads are good for gameplay and gameplay is what matters. Any reason to not use them has easy workarounds.
                                This.

It's understandable that even though Crimsons were in ORC, people like to pretend that game never happened. But then you also have Outbreak which played with the idea using a boss. I mean, it can only be done in spin-offs so many times before it just simply becomes canon.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually a little sick of Lickers at this point. They made their come back in RE5 which was cool even though they were a bulky fat variation. Then again in DSC which was nice, and then again in ORC. I just don't feel the Licker has the same hype value anymore because it's already been seen so many times with 3 different variations. Adding Crimsons into the Licker mutation process would be innovating and would give it the freshness it needs. Lickers are sparse in the RPD anyway and are more encountered underground, Crimsons would be perfect for making the beginning of the game more challenging.

Comment

Working...
                                X