Capcom asking the fans about an REmake 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
    ^ Remember that small sewer section which you go down a ladder (using the manhole Ben tells you about) and then go up a set of stairs (which makes you on ground level)
    The same in Claire's game.. you go down a manhole at the back of the RPD, then Sherry goes up one floor on a lift..

But yeah, the whole water treatment outside area - with its pools and silos in the background, don't seem to fit into RE3's design LOL

Capcom clearly weren't thinking properly at the time.
    No matter how it's argued, the chemical plant doesn't look like it's located anywhere near the city, let alone near the center where the RPD is. As you said, there's silos with blinking lights in the distance... the opening cutscene of them driving toward the RPD, even after the car goes out of control shows no indication of those towers being anywhere in sight at all. The sewer tunnel must of been tightened due to storage I guess. I assume Capcom didn't think it was terribly important to make it a more realistic distance.

Either way, we just need to accept that the geography will never add up between RE2-3, that is unless it's corrected in REmake 2 and a REmake 3 is done.
    Last edited by Snake Plissken; 08-21-2015, 06:26 AM.

Comment

• The plug room should be underground theoretically as it is on the same level as the RPD underground carpark. With Leon you go down the manhole which is technically B2, then up the stairs and back onto B1. Likewise when Sherry rides the lift. She should be riding it from B2 to B1, not to ground level.
      "I've got 100 cows."
      "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

• Theoretically yes, but actually no, the stairs and the lift both go up two floors instead of one.

Comment

• Do you people really belives that invader was invited by Capcom?

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
            Do you people really belives that invader was invited by Capcom?
            Sadly people outside of this forum do...

Comment

• Where's the evidence saying they didn't get any invitation???

Comment

• I would point out that 1) there's no evidence that they got an invitation to begin with 2) there's no indication whatsoever about what this meeting would be about or even where it's supposed to happen 3) they've been caught before when they altered stories or glorified insignificant details. On top of that, would CAPCOM really pay fly tickets for a bunch of people they have zero CV information about?

Now, if this meeting is a real thing, what would it be about? You have CAPCOM with an already established project, while on the other side of the table there's a shoddy project and not so experienced programmers. Would they be discussing about any feedback when the details are set in stone from the go? Highly unlikely. My best guess is that they'd talk about legal agreements, since what IG did with CAPCOM's IP (i.e. gather a following) is definitively one of those things that piss off a copyright holder. IG even shut down their Patreon page, if that's an indication of them fearing oppressive legal actions.
                Last edited by Gemini; 08-23-2015, 09:30 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• So how would anyone come up with that?

Why? What would they gain especially with Capcom overlooking everything they're doing, they cold just say "No, that's complete and utter BS, we just told them to stop their shitty fan project, we're even offended that they took that approach".

Comment

• Capcom made an offer they can't refuse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Undead Sega View Post
                      What would they gain especially with Capcom overlooking everything they're doing, they cold just say "No, that's complete and utter BS, we just told them to stop their shitty fan project, we're even offended that they took that approach".
                      I suspect somebody from CAPCOM wrote the original post, then IG filled in a few details with their own liberties. It's too perfect for their usual "English mistakes Italian speakers produce" style. The meeting part definitively smells like what a good PR would write to keep fans from enraging their tits. Posters did the rest of the speculation job and assumed IG is really collaborating or even getting hired, and when asked IG wouldn't even be replying.

Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
                      Capcom made an offer they can't refuse.
                      Yup, you can't refuse a C&D.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                      , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                        Do you people really belives that invader was invited by Capcom?
                        I think they were actually 'invited' to discuss on the C&D if they have something to say about, not to hear their opinions about the official remake. Either IG or the web might have distorted the message.
                        The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• ^That's how I see it as well. Capcom knows that IG's project has gained a significant following in the community, so outright dropping a C&D bomb on them might cause either them or their fans to make a stink on social media. By arranging this negotiation, Capcom's just smartly doing PR damage control so they don't end up making themselves look like the bad guys who nuked IG's project.
                          Seibu teh geimu?
                          ---

Comment

• I love how they were all like "Its only dark because the power is off"

More like "we turned off the lights so it'd be less blatantly obvious that we stole the environmental textures from Darkside Chronicles"

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                              I love how they were all like "Its only dark because the power is off"

More like "we turned off the lights so it'd be less blatantly obvious that we stole the environmental textures from Darkside Chronicles"
                              It's advanced horror immersion game development, you don't understand.

The diesel engine on the RPD provides electricity to the whole Raccoon City, and it's currently off, that's why it's so dark. The Moon? Piccolo destroyed it, don't you remember?

They are such a scam, never seen something like that, while stealing the work from other people, they get acclaimed like the best developers out there, I also like how the material setup for the environment consists only of a diffuse/albedo map with a random value for the specular, similar to plastic.

Comment

• Noone answered my question before, are these the same people as Hydra Games? AKA the people who claimed their RE2 remake was approved by Capcom and gonna be sold and everything was ripped from Darkside Chronicles.

Comment

Working...
                                X