X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capcom asking the fans about an REmake 2

Interesting.
    sigpic

Really hope some intelligent people who know what they are talking about post on it.

Comment

I'd prefer ports of 2 and 3 on Steam with achievements. 13 years ago I'd be all for a REmake 2 and 3. But ever since 4 we've gotten nothing but action titles. Remake 2/3 would be nothing but the same I'd say.

Plus I highly doubt they'd do a new RE title with pre rendered backgrounds.

Comment

Are they ever gonna stop dangling this topic in front of peoples faces? Just do it or shut up Capcom, this has been going on for more than 10 years now.

Comment

Fuck off Capcom. Don't touch it.
          "I've got 100 cows."
          "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Too late :
            Hi Resident Evil fans!
            This is H from Capcom R&D Division 1!

Wow...!!

I was told by my boss to check out the post by "R&D Division 1" on the Resident Evil Facebook page, and THIS IS AMAZING....

Thank you so much for your passion and continued support for Resident Evil brand!

He was also telling me...“can YOU make a worth seeing game to answer these fans full of passion???"

This order actually makes me SUPER excited...!!!
            It's basically an announcement in itself.

Comment

So it seems like this is going to happen. I'm excited but skeptical at the same time. I hope they realize that trying to shoehorn in aspects of modern gaming will blow up in their face. They're going to have to do some serious quality control on this.
              sigpic
              "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

*sigh* Really grown to hate remakes.

Comment

Real question is: Are they actually capable of making a well done RE2 Remake?
                  The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Originally posted by Hunk_4TH View Post
                    Plus I highly doubt they'd do a new RE title with pre rendered backgrounds.
                    At this point it'd be relatively pointless. We've reached a stage where graphical fidelity would be pretty close to what pre-rendered can achieve if they don't half-ass it.
                    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                      At this point it'd be relatively pointless. We've reached a stage where graphical fidelity would be pretty close to what pre-rendered can achieve if they don't half-ass it.
                      Somewhat true, but with pre-rendered backgrounds you can have, pretty much, limitless detail, every room/area can be completely different/unique. Best example I can think of, off the top of my head, would be to compare the Spencer Mansion in REmake to the Spencer Estate in RE5 'Lost in Nightmares' dlc.

One of the greatest aspects of the classic RE games and really helped to make them unique in both looks and atmosphere.

Comment

I am actually pretty annoyed with that status.

The way I see it is that the fact they had to ask fans on what they think the game's brand identity is about and how it should be approached, just shows me that they don't even know their own games.

This reeeaalllyyyy gives me alot of confidence that they will do well *thumbs up*

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                          From a graphical viewpoint, many games utilizing real-time 3-dimensional environments just simply don't stand the test of time. Hence why we get graphical upgrades and HD remakes every so often.

These days, they can use photo-realistic software+hardware to output prerenders and save the original assets for later use. Problem (not really but kind-of) solved.

Using prerenders will also free a massive amount of *video game console's* system resources and compute cycles, thus allowing for very high poly models and so on.

Prerender FTW, not that I really want a remake of this game. SO totally cannot wait to see Leon and his fabulous hair doing double front somersaults and back-flips through the streets of Raccoon City >_>
                          I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I to vote for 4k pre-rendered backrounds!

Comment

From a technical standpoint, hardware renderers such as V-Ray are still far more powerful and capable of producing high quality, realistic pre-rendered stuff than a real time 3D engine ever can. Are there any current games out there that look as good as this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mech_Sun-Dmge.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	404736

Answer: No.

Not only that, but you are only limited by what the computer producing the render can handle in terms of polycount and the texture resolution, EG: 8K or 12K displacement and diffuse maps. With Unreal Engine 4, you still have to keep polycount in mind when building your scenes, although compared to 5-10 years ago the limit is much higher, you're still limited to how many polys you can have per scene.

Another factor is GI, caustics, reflections, anti-aliasing, shadows, refraction, etc. None of these things are as well emulated in real time 3D as it is in V-Ray or Mental Ray.

Comment

Working...
                              X