Capcom asking the fans about an REmake 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
    Or even more sections of Raccoon City streets to explore in the beginning of the game to give us more of a RE3 vibe?
    Oh absolutely, I always wanted to see more of the city during the early part. Making the run to the RPD longer would be a good way to add new content to this potential remake.

Comment

Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
      Capcom better not recycle backgrounds from Zero. RE2 locations have been rehashed so many times now that I've lost count. I don't want to see the same RPD station or the same underground labs that I've seen over and over again in the Outbreak games and the Wii shooters. Obviously they need to keep the nostalgic factor but at the same time make it feel new, like REmake did.
      Recycling them from Outbreak and UC/DSC wouldn't look good from an aesthetic or technical standpoint, anyway. So that's totally out of the ball park. Real time 3D is different from pre-rendered 3D. Don't know why people are so against the idea of recycling Zero backgrounds. If they kept the architectural layout of the RE2 labs in Zero there is no reason why they won't do the same for RE2make, remade from scratch or recycled.

I'm all for new ideas and newly modified locations, but changing locations too much can ruin the game/experience for me. I mean quite frankly, RE2 is perfect the way it is and I can't find any real significant flaws.
      Last edited by VirusPunk; 08-05-2015, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
        Capcom better not recycle backgrounds from Zero. RE2 locations have been rehashed so many times now that I've lost count. I don't want to see the same RPD station or the same underground labs that I've seen over and over again in the Outbreak games and the Wii shooters. Obviously they need to keep the nostalgic factor but at the same time make it feel new, like REmake did.

I'm not going to lie, I really like the iteration of the Raccoon City Police Department in Outbreak, it felt like they kept everything the gamer geographically but actually looks like an american police building, it had lots of detail and some atmosphere too. This was completely lost in Darkside Chronicles and that shitty Operation Raccoon City.

Comment

I'm very curious why the Raccoon lab is in such a state of disrepair when Rebecca stumbles across it if it is indeed the same lab. Its not too farfetched if there was a duplicate considering these are the same people who copy and pasted the Spenser Mansion twice. This remake would be big if it happened. The RPD isnt like the Spencer mansion where it was isolated in one story. they would have to maintain some continuity with previous games. Most I see them changing are the sewers and factory and maybe adding a new enemy or enemy element. If they wanted to go grand they could combine RE 2 and 3 into a big Raccoon City story.
          Last edited by OfficerRedfield; 08-05-2015, 05:51 PM.

Comment

The laboratory in BIO2/BIO0 itself is actually a duplicate of the secret France branch laboratory. So the laboratory visited in those games could very well be different. There's nothing determining that it *must* be the same.

Philippe: "It's huge... Is this some sort of lab?"
            Ada: "It's all so similar."
            Philippe: "Huh?"
            Ada: "It looks just like Umbrella's G-Virus lab in Raccoon City."
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by OfficerRedfield View Post
              I'm very curious why the Raccoon lab is in such a state of disrepair when Rebecca stumbles across it if it is indeed the same lab. Its not too farfetched if there was a duplicate considering these are the same people who copy and pasted the Spenser Mansion twice. This remake would be big if it happened. The RPD isnt like the Spencer mansion where it was isolated in one story. they would have to maintain some continuity with previous games. Most I see them changing are the sewers and factory and maybe adding a new enemy or enemy element. If they wanted to go grand they could combine RE 2 and 3 into a big Raccoon City story.
              Did it ever occur to you guys that the lab looks this way in Zero because it was meant to look that way in RE 2 but they were limited with what they could do ie not being able to add more detail etc..

It's the same lab just much more detailed like it was likely meant to be originally. Just like in the Below Freezing Point scenario in Outbreak I'm sure Capcom would have added the ice etc to more areas if the engine allowed for them to do so.

Comment

^^^ This!

Comment

No matter how you slice it, the geography doesn't add up at all if they are the same lab, even if you take away the magic elevator, so they have to be duplicates. It makes much more sense for the story anyway.
                  The fact that they are so similar and that nothing in the games explicitly states otherwise sure does not help, but the only way for it to make sense is to take it as a nod to RE2 just like the nod to RE1 in CV.
                  I didn't like this idea at first, because two giant holes in the ground within the same area seemed too stupid for me, but Umbrella sure knows how to be stupid, so yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                    No matter how you slice it, the geography doesn't add up at all if they are the same lab, even if you take away the magic elevator, so they have to be duplicates. It makes much more sense for the story anyway.
                    The fact that they are so similar and that nothing in the games explicitly states otherwise sure does not help, but the only way for it to make sense is to take it as a nod to RE2 just like the nod to RE1 in CV.
                    I didn't like this idea at first, because two giant holes in the ground within the same area seemed too stupid for me, but Umbrella sure knows how to be stupid, so yeah.
                    Take away the magic elevator and the geography works fine. The only story issue is Enrico's presence and we can just put that down to magical npc powers that are used countless times throughout the series to teleport characters around all over the place. It is the same lab.

The mansion in CVX also simply used part of the same design plans that George Trevor did for Edward Ashford for a potential new Ashford stately home in England, that's all.
                    Last edited by TheBatMan; 08-06-2015, 10:08 AM.
                    "I've got 100 cows."
                    "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
                      Recycling them from Outbreak and UC/DSC wouldn't look good from an aesthetic or technical standpoint, anyway. So that's totally out of the ball park. Real time 3D is different from pre-rendered 3D. Don't know why people are so against the idea of recycling Zero backgrounds. If they kept the architectural layout of the RE2 labs in Zero there is no reason why they won't do the same for RE2make, remade from scratch or recycled.

I'm all for new ideas and newly modified locations, but changing locations too much can ruin the game/experience for me. I mean quite frankly, RE2 is perfect the way it is and I can't find any real significant flaws.
                      Aside from the RPD the game is entirely linear. Also has the worst puzzles of the series both as puzzles and how they're meant to fit in the world.

I'd be all up for a major shake-up with new and expanded areas, the streets, sewers and lab areas are all too short and linear.
                      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                        I'd be all up for a major shake-up with new and expanded areas, the streets, sewers and lab areas are all too short and linear.
                        Not many liked Operation Raccoon City.
                        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
                          Take away the magic elevator and the geography works fine
                          No, it does not. Birkin's lab is within the city limits, Zero's hole in the ground (there may as well be no lab at all in this area for all we know, could be just used for transportation) is at walking distance from the URC, which is lost in the woods 8 miles north of Raccoon City, and directly connected to it.
                          The Water Treatment Plant blowing up right under Birkin's feet would make absolutely no sense whatsoever as it would necessarily crumble down his own lab.
                          Aside from their appearance, nothing in the game suggests these two areas are one and the same, which may or may not have been the intention of the background designers, the only way to know would be to ask them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                            No, it does not. Birkin's lab is within the city limits, Zero's hole in the ground (there may as well be no lab at all in this area for all we know, could be just used for transportation) is at walking distance from the URC, which is lost in the woods 8 miles north of Raccoon City, and directly connected to it.
                            The Water Treatment Plant blowing up right under Birkin's feet would make absolutely no sense whatsoever as it would necessarily crumble down his own lab.
                            Aside from their appearance, nothing in the game suggests these two areas are one and the same, which may or may not have been the intention of the background designers, the only way to know would be to ask them.
                            Walking distance says who? You get the tram back to the lab and there's no determination how far you travel. The surface of the turntable is in the middle of a massive sprawling industrial estate, not the middle of the forest. The entrance to the lab is within the city boundary and disguised by a vacant factory. That works fine when located in the main industrial district of the city. But now all of a sudden we're expected to believe there is another large industrial zone 8 miles out into the forest just so it can disguise a second identical lab? Ridiculous.

The water treatment plant is a massive place and extends back into the forest from the industrial zone on the city boundary, incorporating Raccoon Dam and is located entirely underground, beneath the city limits and into the forest. Even the freight elevator at the end moves diagonally for an unspecified distance until you reach the top, which could quite easily be several miles back out into the forest. Even then it looks out onto the mansion, not the training facility, and we don't know exactly how close those two facilities are. But given where Bravo Team's crash site is and the distance Rebecca travels on the train, they are probably some distance apart. It's not that unreasonable and far better than simply inventing an identical, duplicate lab that is never once mentioned or referenced and creates numerous story issues of its own.

The RE2 lab section was added late into development to expand the game. Concept art and in-game descriptions show that the training facility was originally supposed to lead right to the water treatment plant. Obviously the planners didn't take into account minor issues this would cause. At the end of the day this issue is no different really than the smashed window in RE3 or the redesign of the RPD in Outbreak that has a different décor in several rooms and no third floor balcony. Or are we going to start debating that Desperate Times takes place in a second, almost identical police station now?
                            Last edited by TheBatMan; 08-06-2015, 01:36 PM.
                            "I've got 100 cows."
                            "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
                              Walking distance says who? You get the tram back to the lab and there's no determination how far you travel. The surface of the turntable is in the middle of a massive sprawling industrial estate, not the middle of the forest. The entrance to the lab is within the city boundary and disguised by a vacant factory. That works fine when located in the main industrial district of the city. But now all of a sudden we're expected to believe there is another large industrial zone 8 miles out into the forest just so it can disguise a second identical lab? Ridiculous.

The water treatment plant is a massive place and extends back into the forest from the industrial zone on the city boundary, incorporating Raccoon Dam and is located entirely underground, beneath the city limits and into the forest. Even the freight elevator at the end moves diagonally for an unspecified distance until you reach the top, which could quite easily be several miles back out into the forest. Even then it looks out onto the mansion, not the training facility, and we don't know exactly how close those two facilities are. But given where Bravo Team's crash site is and the distance Rebecca travels on the train, they are probably some distance apart. It's not that unreasonable and far better than simply inventing an identical, duplicate lab that is never once mentioned or referenced and creates numerous story issues of its own.

The RE2 lab section was added late into development to expand the game. Concept art and in-game descriptions show that the training facility was originally supposed to lead right to the water treatment plant. Obviously the planners didn't take into account minor issues this would cause. At the end of the day this issue is no different really than the smashed window in RE3 or the redesign of the RPD in Outbreak that has a different décor in several rooms and no third floor balcony. Or are we going to start debating that Desperate Times takes place in a second, almost identical police station now?
                              Where was it stated that the RE2 lab section was added in late in developement? That could explain the odd appearance of enrico coming from the lab elevator....

Comment

"Large industrial zone" says who ?
                                The duplicate "lab" doesn't even need to be a lab at all. The area we go through could just be the upside part of the water treatment plant, for all we know.
                                This issue is totally different than the smashed window. No one ever doubted the RPD being the same in every game because it was obvious, not only because of how it looks like, but because of the story stating as such. It's not the case for Zero.

I was like you before, but I changed my mind when I realized it was the most sensible explanation, and one that dealt with all the inconsistencies this area brought. In the end, I do not have definitive proof, but you don't have one either.

Comment

Working...
                                X