Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this seriously an arguement? lol.

Comment

• Yeah OK smartass, lets call a lynch mob and accuse someone who has obviously been a member of this site alot longer than you have as a troll because I made a mistake. Grow up.
      You just got extra defensive, not even take a moments time to try and take in my post, dude. Someone else just chimed in to point out your error before me. I didn't ask anyone else to back me up. Join date clearly has no relevance here.

I've gone through RE2 so many times I never look at the maps. I've had this discussion with others and even other people(long time players of RE2) were confused as to where that area leads from, it was never indicated or made obvious that the area leads from the vending machine boarded up doors. The camera angles and the geography make it even harder to connect the two areas. And no, I never noticed the hole there until you mentioned it.

But I do see what you mean now and I guess it all adds up and makes sense.
      It's nice having a good sense of direction in all but the map is there to be taken advantage of.
      Honestly for many years I was stumped myself until I stopped and really analyzed the door from the statue side. It's not extremely obvious cause the red light-illuminated hole blends in so well with the wood color of the door plus the camera doesn't help. This is due to the fact that that camera angle was made before the layout of the room was solidified.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	re2bet10.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	404749

Sorry, but I will take DSC lightly. It looked like utter crap and so did the former Umbrella Chronicles. Not my problem you can't learn to accept someone's opinion that differs from yours, read my first sentence.
      Ok now your just being spiteful and just looking for a fight. You now know what the door is for so lets just drop it.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
        1-2 more rooms? Bathroom and locker/changing room. But yeah the other areas beyond the station are more in need of add ons. The water treatment area only has one single, *practical* exit/entrance and that requires use of a quite extravagant tram which is peculiar.
        The vacant area I mentioned is a great place for a locker room!
        Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
          The vacant area I mentioned is a great place for a locker room!
          I like this idea!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sly View Post
            I hope they get rid of the sewage disposal plant altogether. This area has nothing going for it : it's boring, misplaced, and ridiculously small.
            I tend to agree... it's location doesn't make any sense, and it kills the pace of the game. Not to mention, why a Police Station key would be hidden there...
            Last edited by Snake Plissken; 08-20-2015, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• I can't see how removing things could make the game better , they could expand that location and make it more interesting if needed instead of flat-out removing the whole area. I think any map removal would be subject of complain for most people.

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
              I tend to agree... it's location doesn't make any sense, and it kills the pace of the game. Not to mention, why a Police Station key would be hidden there...
              Item placement never made much sense in the series anyway, especially when it comes to keys and locked doors that just seem to be locked for the player while NPCs can magically travel across them without solving a single puzzle.
              Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 08-20-2015, 09:57 AM.
              The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• Well, if they expand the town/the RPD/the Marshalling Yard/Birkin's Lab/etc, they can remove the sewage disposal plant without anyone complaining, I think.

Comment

Well, if they expand the town/the RPD/the Marshalling Yard/Birkin's Lab/etc, they can remove the sewage disposal plant without anyone complaining, I think.
                  They could easily axe it, and make Ada/Sherry playable somewhere else.

Comment

• The sewage plant is quite key in terms of plot however as a big deal is made of how Umbrella have taken them over and use the sewer network so key employees can reach the underground lab. I think the game would also lose something if you can't visit the location where Hunk's team were first slaughtered. The sewer plant can be kept with multiple ways to make it more interesting.
                    "I've got 100 cows."
                    "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

• We are talking about the disposal plant, the place where you get the Club Key with Ada or Sherry, not the sewers themselves. The plant is useless plot-wise.

Comment

We are talking about the disposal plant, the place where you get the Club Key with Ada or Sherry, not the sewers themselves. The plant is useless plot-wise.
                        Yep.

Comment

We are talking about the disposal plant, the place where you get the Club Key with Ada or Sherry, not the sewers themselves. The plant is useless plot-wise.
                          The plant is central to this file. It's also a major origin of the t-Virus. It's not useless. They could do well with expanding that section a bit to make it clearer that the t-Virus is leaking from it.

EDIT: Should note that it doesn't say "scrap yard" in the original Japanese. It says "treatment." It's a water treatment plant.
                          Last edited by News Bot; 08-20-2015, 11:59 AM.
                          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Place another item (maybe a more meaningful tool useful in the RPD) on the "special shelf" and the area becomes immediately more logical. No need to axe a chunk of game because of nonsense item placement. Even REmake did this quite a lot and the result felt less shoddy that it originally did.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                            , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

No, it's pretty important. Old man Thomas would like a word with you, as would the night watchman and some of the first people to fall sick.
                              "I've got 100 cows."
                              "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

• While it might seem disjointed, the water treatment plant is still a part of the sewage treatment plant that sits below it. What they should do is expand upon it and make it an above-ground extension of the sewer complex you visit in the game.
                                Last edited by biohazard_star; 08-20-2015, 12:07 PM.
                                Seibu teh geimu?
                                ---

Comment

Working...
                                X