Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ZombiU coming to XB1/PS4/PC 18th of August!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZombiU coming to XB1/PS4/PC 18th of August!

ZombiU, now dropping the U from its name, is finally, officially announced for XB1/PS4/PC.

This was one of the launch titles for the Wii U and one of the best demonstrations of how to do multi-screen gameplay, so it'll be curious to see how that part of the gameplay translates to the new platforms (and whether or not remote devices can be utilized to achieve a similar experience as on the Wii U)

Either way;

Digital only, sod that. Buy it in 5 years when they sell it for £5.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Uplay, no buying.

Comment

Hmmm... I might consider it tho I heard gimmicks aside the game wasn't that good...

Comment

Hmm...it's nice that more people who refuse to pick up a Wii U have the choice to play it with the other currently available systems, but I can't help but feel that they just put it out to die and it's a subpar port that won't add anything new to the table and the experience will be tampered on with the addition of more powerful & automatic weapons, as well as the lack of the tension that the gamepad gimmick did provide under very tense moments.

The only real upgrade I see from this is the higher visual fidelity, but not expecting much (especially 'new') from something coming out right around the corner in just a few short days without any prompt & digital only.

I very much enjoyed this game when I first tried it out on Wii U, it's one of the first legit Survival Horror games that really kept you on your toes in this current generation of games...despite of what some people's gripes might be about this game, nevertheless this game was an exceptional launch title that brought a lot of 'new' to the table & really put that 'gamepad' gimmick to use.

For now, I think I'll just stick with the Wii U version because of the lack of power weapons that I feel could detract from the experience and because I truly feel the gamepad features really enhance the experience & tension the game gives in many situations.

If you already have a Wii U, I would just recommend on picking it up on Wii U because of the aforementioned reasons & due to the fact that you can find it at VERY cheap price & if you're a physical version connoisseur. It's probably one of the cheapest games on the Wii U (especially used) nowadays!
          Last edited by Kaneco; 08-14-2015, 02:39 PM.

Comment

So apparently the port is 720p, with a shitty framerate that jumps about, including going very low, and the online features like looting dead friends and leaving messages all got removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
              So apparently the port is 720p, with a shitty framerate that jumps about, including going very low, and the online features like looting dead friends and leaving messages all got removed.
              Well that just piles up more to the list of why everyone should just pick up/stick with the Wii U ver. instead for the better experience.

Although all the comparison videos of the console ports vs. the Wii U ver. seemed like they were running on par in terms of Framerate, but among the other more obvious & prevalent 'factors' in terms of 'missing features' is just enough to keep you away from these 'ports'.

Comment

Unless I find one for less than £100 I'm never buying a Wii U. Nothing I really want to play on it anyway, there was this, and I'll take a dodgy port over the cost of a Wii U, and the new Project Zero game. I guess I'd buy Mario Kart and maybe Zelda, though the last Zelda sucked so even that doesn't appeal tome much anymore. Only other Nintendo IP I care about is Metroid and a Metroid U isn't gonna happen.

Comment

Working...
                X