Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 2 Remake Pitched today

Hello RE fans! This is H again!
    Right after the RE HD Remaster project was finished, I actually started putting together my ideas for this "RE2 Project". So, I just brushed it up and went to see my boss to present the basic concept of the project already

From resident evil facebook page
    h is Yoshiaki hirabayashi
    Last edited by xfactor; 07-31-2015, 10:39 AM.

It has begun !

Comment

Considering it says 'Take 5' as an updated plan and he's been working the idea since after the HD version of Remake happened, we can be fairly certain this was pitched months ago and is going through revisions already. Just depends on if the higher ups have given it a proper budget or not.

Comment

Then why the fuck they're asking for our opinions if they've been already working on it is beyond my comprehension

Anyway, let's pray it's truly a RE2 remake and not a RE6/Revelations skinned as RE2.
        The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

I'd find it unlikely they were really wanting anyones opinions specifically, unless someone came up with something amazing no one had thought of. Rather I suspect, aside from possibly showing higher up's there is a voice crying out for the remake of 2, I suspect it was just to see if the general consensus out there is what they are already planning for.

What that is I have no clue. I skimmed over piles of posts around the time there was 8,000 or so replies... and most people were asking for all sorts of things, almost each different from the next.

My issue, and I've said this before and elsewhere, is pre-announcing this just gets peoples hopes and expectations up and when it won't meet all of those it'll just be a major disappointment for a lot of people. Rather had they just made something and then announced it, kinda like the Remake in was when first shown in 2001, people would either just take or leave it on more face value.
          Last edited by Rombie; 07-31-2015, 06:38 PM.

Comment

This looks like a done deal, they are playing with us with the facebook posts.

I'm happy about it and scared at the sametime. I hope they bring the old VA.

Comment

I'd be very surprised if this doesn't go anywhere after such a public post.
              If it never gets up then people won't ever let up about this 'reveal'. I suspect it's guerilla marketing already - And they will get equally big headlines when an official announcement comes
              sigpic

Comment

I still hope RE2 and RE3 gets merged together in a combined remake -- possibly with elements of Outbreak's scenarios added to them too -- all in a sort of overlapping scenario mix like how Resident Evil 6 is structured. (Hate RE6 all you want, it's still cool how it has 4 huge scenarios that're pretty much whole games worth of content each with certain segments of each overlapping and all of them sort of creating a combined overview/narrative -- just like all the games within Raccoon City sort of do)

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                  I still hope RE2 and RE3 gets merged together in a combined remake -- possibly with elements of Outbreak's scenarios added to them too -- all in a sort of overlapping scenario mix like how Resident Evil 6 is structured. (Hate RE6 all you want, it's still cool how it has 4 huge scenarios that're pretty much whole games worth of content each with certain segments of each overlapping and all of them sort of creating a combined overview/narrative -- just like all the games within Raccoon City sort of do)
                  They'd have to do something. LeonA/B Claire A/B won't cut it in today's world in terms of length. Adding in RE3 and making it one big package seems the logical choice. It would seem odd to have one remade without the other so Capcom may as well ruin them both.
                  "I've got 100 cows."
                  "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

I think merging RE2 and RE3 together is a horrible idea. I'd rather them focus on one decent remake than two inadequate one's sharing the same resources. Quality over quantity imo. Plus I highly doubt this is going to get a disc release outside of Japan, like the remasters.

Comment

Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                      I think merging RE2 and RE3 together is a horrible idea. I'd rather them focus on one decent remake than two inadequate one's sharing the same resources. Quality over quantity imo. Plus I highly doubt this is going to get a disc release outside of Japan, like the remasters.
                      I agree with this. Doing both games at the same time might diminish the quality of both game. I'd rather they focus all their effort on one game at a time.

But they better not mess this up. I've wanted another proper RE title for a long time, and even though this is a remake, it would be fresh. Sure story elements would be rehashed and the gameplay maybe outdated but that can be improved. If they add in quick turn, quick reload, and quick knife, it's add some variety and spice up the gameplay. It would also be nice to see the return of self defense items. They should even expand the streets and the labs (give it more floors).
                      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Pre-rendered please!

Comment

Whether the post was put up there as some kind of announcement or as a way to pressure the 'higher ups' of Capcom to let the development take place, it'll be great to see the game remade - as long as it gets the treatment that REmake received.

It's interesting because ten years ago because I'm sure that the majority would be very excited for a remake, but with the recent titles now people are sketchy and some would rather a remake not happen because they're not confident that Capcom could deliver such a product.

I said in the other thread that regardless of how it is treated, we'll always have the original to enjoy if this flops - but hopefully that post gave Capcom a general idea of what the fan base would want considering that most posts were pretty much telling them to not make it like RE6.

Comment

Working...
                          X