Resident Evil 2 Remake Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 2 Remake Announced

Capcom just confirmed RE2 remake is in the work now.

About damn time.

Comment

I hope they really did pay attention to how the fans were answering when they asked what we wanted from this project. Until I see footage I'm still not getting my hopes up. This is great news though.

Comment

In b4 this project is announced way too early, things are shown to the public, the project is ~70% finished, and then changed and the fans spend 15 years looking for the original version...

Also please please please please please please please please NO WESKER
        Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 08-12-2015, 05:47 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

*HEAVY BREATHING*

Originally posted by Kei_M View Post
          I hope they really did pay attention to how the fans were answering when they asked what we wanted from this project. Until I see footage I'm still not getting my hopes up. This is great news though.
          Argh, same... I mean, my heart leaped upon reading this news, but it's so hard to be optimistic.

(AND, please, please, please, Capcom: Bring back Alyson Court as Claire. This is so important!)

Comment

Originally posted by Bianca View Post

(AND, please, please, please, Capcom: Bring back Alyson Court as Claire. This is so important!)
            We will see, their excuse for REV2 was they wanted a more mature voice for Clarie, that is not applicable to this game, but we all know is all about contract, actor union and all that stuff. I have very little hope to be honest.

Some people think the events from that first facebook post to todays announcement is happening in real time, I don't think so, I bet this was approved months ago and they are developing it already. Everything is part of the marketing campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie View Post
              We will see, their excuse for REV2 was they wanted a more mature voice for Clarie, that is not applicable to this game, but we all know is all about contract, actor union and all that stuff. I have very little hope to be honest.
              Exactly. They have no excuse. Yet, I expect "We wanted to make this project it's own thing."

Comment

"WE DO IT!"
                "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

I personally want Paul Haddad and Sally Cahill included into the mix, or if possible every original VA from the original games, and include the sound design team from the RE:Make ;)

Not asking much?

(because if they seriously don't meet my expectations or anywhere my vision of the game, i will remake it myself if i have to!)

Comment

I wonder if this will be given a big budget given how it's such a cherished title to long-time RE fans but largely unknown to the current gen fans. I don't know if Capcom will see a big budget as worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Undead Sega View Post
                      I personally want Paul Haddad and Sally Cahill included into the mix, or if possible every original VA from the original games, and include the sound design team from the RE:Make ;)

Not asking much?

(because if they seriously don't meet my expectations or anywhere my vision of the game, i will remake it myself if i have to!)
                      This.. and bring back Alyson as Claire. Something about the new Leon's voice is off, in DSC it was better than usual due to the script, but he tends to over-act his lines and it comes off as fake and dramatic.

I take it this will be in REmake style, as it seeing made the the same team who did the HD port of REmake and Zero.
                      If its RE4 style (doubt it though) I'll be majorly upset - of course will still play it, but won't be as happy..
                      "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                        In b4 this project is announced way too early, things are shown to the public, the project is ~70% finished, and then changed and the fans spend 15 years looking for the original version...
                        LMAO, and then by 2035 Neo-IGAS comes out of nowhere after finding a broken build and starts to work on a restoration project.
                        The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

I thought I'd see a little more enthusiasm, but in second thoughts it's understandable given Capcom's track record. We should spam Capcom's FB page "NO FUCKIN CO-OP" though, a little activism doesn't hurt
                          long live the social networks, we wouldn't have it(RE2Remake) any other way without those!

Comment

Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
                            LMAO, and then by 2035 Neo-IGAS comes out of nowhere after finding a broken build and starts to work on a restoration project.
                            Hahahahaha! That made me legit chuckle a little!

Overall, I'm fairly excited...but obviously I'm keeping my expectations in check.

Hope to hear more about it soon.

Comment

I really hope they put a little more detail into the intersecting points in the story. They were always amongst my favourite points in the game but they were always a little hazily placed in. Like, Leon and Claire have to solve the same puzzles and find the same keys. I guess I'd like to have B scenario react to A scenario more and not just being the same thing with a different antagonist and extended ending. New Puzzles for B!

And what about the non-canon storyline? It really doesn't have to follow the continuity that closely so I wonder if they'll play with it a little more.

Comment

Working...
                              X