No announcement yet.

Where'd everyone go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anders is still updating his website. I guess he still has interest though he doesn't post here very often
    sigpic

Comment

I'm still collecting and updating my sites, but during the last two years I spent most of my time and money staying in Japan. I work in Norway and live my life in Japan, as much as I can anyway.
      I never moved over to talking about RE/games on social media, the bar is simply too low in those groups etc. Too many retards. So after the death of the forums I've mostly just been doing my website in solitary.

This is the only RE forum I still check (mostly out of habit), but there's not much going on, so yeah, not posting much. Certainly nothing about collecting happening, which was always my main thing.

Nice to "see" you again, Dot. Nearly gave me a heart attack when I saw the Facebook message.
      Please find that last disc I need! It would help to actually search!

The coolest item I've found during the last few years is a French version of the rolling RE1 demo:
      Resource to survival horror games releases - games, promos, demos, soundtracks, movies, and books.

Plucked it out of CVXFREAK's hands in Tokyo. The bugger had kept it secret for years! It's the only known copy.
      lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Haha Anders, thats awesome. Who knew that existed? Pretty crazy.

I have some goofy stuff still that I found yesterday, nothing like that, though. I'll get back with you shortly on *that last disc*. You'll need to clarify with me what you are interested in again, because I have noticed you have unlicensed versions on your site now and I have a few of those haha.

Comment

Are you talking about the "3rd party samplers" section? (If it's something else you saw that may be unlicensed, please do let me know, so I can check it.) Not very interested, really.

In cases where it's obvious that the videos came directly from Capcom (like must have been the case with so many Famitsu DVDs, for example), the item would belong on the site as Capcom obviously was involved, but the section is not priority. Hasn't been updated in five years. Need to review all those items again as well.

I think it's just that one disc I still need from you. You have other nice things, but at the moment I don't have the funds to go after much retail stuff. That being said, I just bought the new RE The Final Chapter vinyl soundtrack. What a loser I am...
          lostreleases // demopals

Comment

If memory serves me right, and they never changed hands, don't Dot50Cal have the Russian bootleg localizations of the original trilogy on good ol' silvers?

Comment

I know I had 1 or 2 saturn silvers, but I do have a few Russian Bootlegs and one shady Chinese(?) copy of RE2 for PC. I think that one is legit though since it has a Ubisoft logo on the manual. I took some pics for you, Carn:

Anders, are you interested in these? One is a Silent Hill 4 fact/promo sheet that was included in a press copy and the other is an NDA (haha) which has been censored from a trade event in 99.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	NDAandPRESSstuff.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	221.9 KB
ID:	404972

Inserts of the Russian copies:

Name:	Russian1.jpg
Size:	747.5 KB
ID:	404973

Inserts of the Russian copies & manual for Chinese(?) BH2 PC release:

Name:	Russian2.jpg
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	404974

Inserts Again:

Name:	Russian3.jpg
Size:	238.1 KB
ID:	404975

Discs of the copies. To the far right you'll see the two Resident Evil Saturn Silvers (one included a jacket). Below them is the manual for the RE2 PC Ubisoft Chinese(?) manual + disc:

Name:	Russian4.jpg
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	404976

Discs 2:

Name:	Russian5.jpg
Size:	207.9 KB
ID:	404977

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                If memory serves me right, and they never changed hands, don't Dot50Cal have the Russian bootleg localizations of the original trilogy on good ol' silvers?
                If memory serves ME right, you still have my ファッキング Dino Crisis tape you borrowed 4-5 years ago. Come on, I cry myself to sleep every night.

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                Anders, are you interested in these? One is a Silent Hill 4 fact/promo sheet that was included in a press copy and the other is an NDA (haha) which has been censored from a trade event in 99.
                Did that SH4 sheet come with the SH4 review DVD-R I got from you? If so, yeah, please gimme.
                The Capcom thing didn't really come with any discs? So I don't need that. Nice curiosity, though.

The Saturn silvers sold for a lot of money a few years ago. Many many hundreds. Try it on eBay.
                The Chinese Bio2 is indeed a legit Chinese copy. There are several Chinese and Taiwanese releases of the first couple of games not yet shown on LR, including a nice RE3 limited edition and RE1 with graphics card. I need to sort those out one day...
                lostreleases // demopals

Comment

I believe it did, yeah. I'll set it aside for you.

No discs unfortunately, just got that from a contact while doing another transaction.

I didn't know the silvers were so sought after. Thats good to know. If anyone wants them, please contact me. I'd prefer to stay away from eBay since getting scammed on it as a seller with no recourse.

I have (or did I sell it to you?) a Canopus version of Resident Evil 2 PC somewhere. I believe it was a graphics card copy, not sure, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                    I have (or did I sell it to you?) a Canopus version of Resident Evil 2 PC somewhere. I believe it was a graphics card copy, not sure, though.
                    I don't think I have ever seen a boxed one with the card. You have all that?

Money though...
                    lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Nah, no box, just the envelope that it came in. If I uncover it, I'll show you what I mean.

Comment

Phew! I'm finally out of the dark (referring to the dark skin being removed and the fact my account is fixed).

Anyway, I've been gone for months; I had went off forums, apart from sometimes posting on Biohaze, and also there was an issue with my verification after I changed my email address. The email never reached my inbox, but I'm glad it has gotten sorted out.

I'm also glad that I finally completed RE7 tonight. What a great game it was. You see? Once Capcom releases a new game or any DLC, the dead rise again.

Comment

"You see? Once Capcom releases a new game or any DLC, the dead rise again." Yea, RE7 has some spooky RL effects too =)

Comment

I also feel that the rise of social media is to blame for the decline in users visiting forums. Well, that and all the BS from companies that alienated people. Even I was close to closing up shop, because I just feel like there was too much lacking in the online world today.

Anyway, I think 2003 to around 2005 was probably the best time to be an active member of forums like these. There was always lots to talk about back then. But after Resident Evil 4 came out, I think the series has struggled a bit to maintain the same popularity it had in earlier years because of all the hype that was not even a good pay off, and therefore, this was causing interest in the genre to wax and wane for a lot of fans. Also, a lot of the classic characters have been featured in so many games now, that they're always a hybrid of different genres, which some people don't like. It meant the games were less creepy as a result, and Resident Evil 6 was hardly what I'd label as a horror game. But number 7 has shown that the genre isn't quite anywhere near to being dead yet.

Silent Hill, on the other hand, is probably going to stay dead now. Ever since Silent Hills got cancelled, I haven't gave a darn about that franchise anymore. Neither has Konami. And to tell you the truth, the last several entries into that series were just a mixed bag to me. Plus, all the sites about Silent Hill are pretty much already dead. Silent Hill Heaven is just a forum now, but the only active section of the forums is the misc. discussion category, where everyone talks about general stuff, or other games.

Comment

Working...
                            X