Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where'd everyone go?

As others have said, it's basically a combination of members getting older, life happening and the lack of topics to discuss.

For myself, the last two years have been a whirlwind between the passing of my mom, moving, getting married, etc. I still have my collection set up in the office, and I check the front page every month or two just to see what's going on, but that's about the extent of my fanship these days. I'm hoping that the RE2 remake/RE7 are good enough to pull me back in a bit. Good or not, I'm sure the flood gates will re-open once those titles are released and the forum will be active again--if only for a year or so.
    Last edited by REmaster; 01-27-2016 at 04:04 AM.
    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Honestly it's pretty sad how dead the site has become now when you think about it. I remember the RE5 days when a new Jill thread would be made almost everyday and members would be getting infractions/bans left and right lol. But I agree with what someone said earlier, fansite forums are a thing nobody cares about these days. Most gamers today stick to the ign/neogaf forums.

Quote Originally Posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
    Honestly it's pretty sad how dead the site has become now when you think about it. I remember the RE5 days when a new Jill thread would be made almost everyday and members would be getting infractions/bans left and right lol. But I agree with what someone said earlier, fansite forums are a thing nobody cares about these days. Most gamers today stick to the ign/neogaf forums.
    Yea, to think this place had monthly podcasts.

I'm glad I got to see it thrive for a few years, this place meant a lot to me. Still does.
    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Jill Voice: Somehow... I'm still alive. Wow I haven't been here in forever.

Cunt Agent

On PU we find something new about the series almost every day and are still sitting on a lot of unreleased information, so that keeps the story whore in me satisfied. On top of that we've released and are continuing to release a lot of material that was previously only available to Japanese audiences, such as the drama albums and the nearly-finished novel translation.

That said, I don't think I'll ever be "finished" with the series, whether that be playing it, writing about it or recording it. It's very dear to me on a level no other game reaches and I still enjoy the mythology even if I don't enjoy a game's narrative.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by News Bot View Post
    On PU we find something new about the series almost every day and are still sitting on a lot of unreleased information, so that keeps the story whore in me satisfied. On top of that we've released and are continuing to release a lot of material that was previously only available to Japanese audiences, such as the drama albums and the nearly-finished novel translation.

That said, I don't think I'll ever be "finished" with the series, whether that be playing it, writing about it or recording it. It's very dear to me on a level no other game reaches and I still enjoy the mythology even if I don't enjoy a game's narrative.
    The mythos will always be great. Looks like I need to head on over to PU, or as I like to call it, the PUB.

I think with the lack of decent RE games it has hurt the community, I was real active when 4 and 5 came out. I was even active when Umbrella Chronicles came out but for me it was a combination of getting older, getting a real job and really hating RE 6. I don't even play that much anymore, just Battlefield and Rainbow Six Siege online. The last offline game that I sat and enjoyed was the Last of Us. I barely get to enjoy playing games, having to work 40 plus hours and pay bills sucks. If you can just live in your parents basement for as long as you can lol.
    Last edited by Stars1356; 02-17-2016 at 10:55 PM.

The Zombie Genocider Beanovsky Durst's Avatar

Glad to see there's some life in this place... Hopefully the 20 anniversary of the series and RE2make will make people interested again.

I understand that most of us are getting older and don't have a lot of time to keep on checking, so I hope everyone from the community is doing fine.

I'll always be a fan of the RE series. I understand how much it has changed but still has the charm to keep me coming back. If anyone's interested, I'm currently doing some walkthroughs of the series on YouTube, to celebrate 20 years of the good ol' RE1 in all it's cheesy glory.

I'll try to keep coming back here more often.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

I just decided to see how things were going. Decided to marathon the RE games from 0 to 5 (I won't touch 6 again) and thought of this place.

#02 Bat

Personaly I've been(failing to?) putting my RE themed FanFic together, story wise. It's always a pleasure to come back & see a glimpse of activity around here

To be perfectly blunt, the BH1.5 thread is the real focal point of this entire community. Perhaps it didn't used to be that way, but now that Bioflames is pretty much dead, THIA has become its replacement. At least our community is a hell of a lot better than what Capcom Unity (née Capcom BBS) has devolved into.

I'm sure eventually with the releases of RE7, RE2 Remake and anything about 1.5 will get us back here in due time.
    Zombies...zombies everywhere...

I've been away for awhile, I mostly joined this group back in 2008 due to the collection pages. It was pretty interesting to see what other members collected and I enjoyed posting recent additions to my collection also. The community are always friendly on these pages, so I find myself lurking around posts every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
    Los Jilluminados haha.
    Those were the days.
    I loved the Jill outrage threads.
    I miss these forums.
    But life moves on.

Combination of the concept of the message board dying and relying on the enthusiasm of a series.

#23 Prototype Tyrant

Hopefully see a injection of interest once re7 is released.

Surviving Jilluminado reporting in.

I got old. That's about it.

RE belongs to a newer generation anyways. The way I see it, I had my fun for decades. Now it's time to step aside and let younger ppl make RE their own or whatever.

I'll keep playing the games, tho (old and new). I just won't be telling ppl about it much.

P.S. the forum isn't very mobile friendly. Posting this was a huge hassle. Adms take notice if you want new ppl here ;)
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.

War Horse Uranium

While I am sad to see the forums slow, I am comforted by thoughts that those who have left are somewhere out there living their lives.

I grew up with so many of you and I am so thankful for the time we spent together. This community helped shape me to be the person I am now.

I hope you all are doing well and know that I love you all.

~John

Donator

Quote Originally Posted by Dot50Cal View Post
    While I am sad to see the forums slow, I am comforted by thoughts that those who have left are somewhere out there living their lives.

I grew up with so many of you and I am so thankful for the time we spent together. This community helped shape me to be the person I am now.

I hope you all are doing well and know that I love you all.

~John
    Hey John! Things are slow, we are old(er), it's just the way life goes. I check back here every now and then but things really are slow nowadays, I am looking forward to play 1.5 but I try not to get to spoiled, I don't want to know more about the project then I already do. RE7 is just around the corner and that is a really big thing for any RE fan but I don't think it will revive the RE community to it's former glory, RE2 Remake though.... It's good to know your still around, if you ever want to talk you know where to find me. //Kim

#30 Birkin Type 2 Rancid Cheese's Avatar
    Scotland, where you wish you were from . . .

Necromancy!

Hey people, I know I was never a significant member of THIA but I'm probably one of the oldest members (in terms of age) from what I recall and for me personally I've been working and have kids to look after so the RE fandom had to take more and more of a backseat...
    One significant thing that's brought me back here now is that my eldest daughter has been playing Resident Evil HD. This and the promise of something different from RE7 has rekindled my own passion for the series and old habits die hard so here I am...
    Have to say I'm very relieved to find THIA was still here! Thanks you .50cal for not shutting this place down like so many others.

My Xbox gamer tag is: Baracuda1984 so hit me up sometime...Maybe we can get a THIA group going if there isn't one already...
    Or @BarBigShoulders for a tweet or two...
    Last edited by Rancid Cheese; 12-23-2016 at 02:46 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information