No announcement yet.

Where'd everyone go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lurk more than ever but as some people have already said, real life has gotten in the way. I still do love RE regardless of how crap RE6 was. Revelations 2 was awesome and I'm cautiously excited for REmake 2. I mainly stopped visiting as often once dot50cal left. I've been more active over at Biohaze over the past few years. That site just generally seems more active to me although I do miss this one quite a bit sometimes.
    Last edited by Spera01; 01-07-2016, 10:16 PM.

Comment

i know this is simply random "what if" thoughts, but i would love it if they update RE1&0 remastered with more new content. id love to see REmake get an extra game, or at least add unlockable artwork/figurines/soundtest ect to both games

or an even better idea... if the RE2 remake was using the HD REmastered engine making it a trilogy of the 3 classics. (it would be as if we got the remake just as we dreamed of it during the GameCube/PS2 era)

speaking of im loving the ability to use both analog 3D movement + d-pad tank controls (best part of the HD remaster in my oppinion) so much that it reminds me of outbreak a lot i really have my fingers crossed for a remake of that gem. like polishing the controls and other awkward flaws & fusing both games into a full 10 chapter scenario (an interview mentioned that was how it was intended). i even pictured how "Wild things" would happen after "Decisions Decisions"
      the character you chose wakes up to realize the helicopter had to make an emergency landing. (the escape from the university was just a dream although the college itself was hit by a non-nuclear missile strike to eliminate Thanatos) pilot is dead & the 8 find themselves just outside the zoo..

Comment

Originally posted by Kaneco View Post
        Dot50Cal's absence has crippled the forums quite a bit as well
        ...and it's safe to say that his absence is permanent. Like so many others, he's moved on and has a pretty busy life -- one that especially doesn't involve anything relating to Resident Evil.

I, too, have sold my entire collection but I haven't moved on entirely. Both IGAS and my own hobby in executable modification keep me somewhat interested. The Bio2 remake is kind of appealing, but even if exceeded everyone's expectations, I sincerely doubt that it would be enough to draw me back in. I'm just too old and have way too much personal stuff going on to ever be as dedicated as I once was. I've let go and it actually felt good to do so.

Originally posted by Kaneco View Post
        Also to be real here, but it could merely be speculation from my part entirely...Forums in general, I feel have become more of something of the past as opposed to 'Social Media' & 'Blogs/Blog Posts/Comment Sections' which seem to be (somewhat) the new form of communication between strangers or an entire community, albeit very flawed in terms of an organized format of 'mostly' a multitude of faceless contributors that come and go.
        You raise a very honest point and I totally agree with you!

Originally posted by Vixtro View Post
        Ever since we got 1.5 and I finally played it, seemed like it was just time to move on.
        Yeah, that was the final nail for me. The struggle is finally over and there's nothing left worth fighting for. It's not even a matter of hope -- we accomplished what we fought for and we all were very well rewarded for our dedication. It's time to step aside and let a new generation to discover their passions.

Nothing More To Do Here
        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

As for 1.5, I agree. We sought after this game for so many years and now that we have it, it just feels pointless to go on about it. On the other hand, Team IGAS' work is sparking that interest with their regular usual updates and brand new locations to explore. But once we've all experienced the finalized build, there is no telling what will happen.

I would say my custom RE engine is what really keeps my interest in the series. Once that becomes complete, I may just move on with my life and forget about RE at least for a very long time. I do have an interest in developing my own unique survival horror game, but I need to stick with my life goals more than anything right now, so it may have to all be put on hold.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
            Nothing More To Do Here

Comment

As others have said, it's basically a combination of members getting older, life happening and the lack of topics to discuss.

For myself, the last two years have been a whirlwind between the passing of my mom, moving, getting married, etc. I still have my collection set up in the office, and I check the front page every month or two just to see what's going on, but that's about the extent of my fanship these days. I'm hoping that the RE2 remake/RE7 are good enough to pull me back in a bit. Good or not, I'm sure the flood gates will re-open once those titles are released and the forum will be active again--if only for a year or so.
              Last edited by REmaster; 01-27-2016, 03:04 AM.
              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
              Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Honestly it's pretty sad how dead the site has become now when you think about it. I remember the RE5 days when a new Jill thread would be made almost everyday and members would be getting infractions/bans left and right lol. But I agree with what someone said earlier, fansite forums are a thing nobody cares about these days. Most gamers today stick to the ign/neogaf forums.

Comment

Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                  Honestly it's pretty sad how dead the site has become now when you think about it. I remember the RE5 days when a new Jill thread would be made almost everyday and members would be getting infractions/bans left and right lol. But I agree with what someone said earlier, fansite forums are a thing nobody cares about these days. Most gamers today stick to the ign/neogaf forums.
                  Yea, to think this place had monthly podcasts.

I'm glad I got to see it thrive for a few years, this place meant a lot to me. Still does.
                  "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

Jill Voice: Somehow... I'm still alive. Wow I haven't been here in forever.

Comment

On PU we find something new about the series almost every day and are still sitting on a lot of unreleased information, so that keeps the story whore in me satisfied. On top of that we've released and are continuing to release a lot of material that was previously only available to Japanese audiences, such as the drama albums and the nearly-finished novel translation.

That said, I don't think I'll ever be "finished" with the series, whether that be playing it, writing about it or recording it. It's very dear to me on a level no other game reaches and I still enjoy the mythology even if I don't enjoy a game's narrative.
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                        On PU we find something new about the series almost every day and are still sitting on a lot of unreleased information, so that keeps the story whore in me satisfied. On top of that we've released and are continuing to release a lot of material that was previously only available to Japanese audiences, such as the drama albums and the nearly-finished novel translation.

That said, I don't think I'll ever be "finished" with the series, whether that be playing it, writing about it or recording it. It's very dear to me on a level no other game reaches and I still enjoy the mythology even if I don't enjoy a game's narrative.
                        The mythos will always be great. Looks like I need to head on over to PU, or as I like to call it, the PUB.

Comment

I think with the lack of decent RE games it has hurt the community, I was real active when 4 and 5 came out. I was even active when Umbrella Chronicles came out but for me it was a combination of getting older, getting a real job and really hating RE 6. I don't even play that much anymore, just Battlefield and Rainbow Six Siege online. The last offline game that I sat and enjoyed was the Last of Us. I barely get to enjoy playing games, having to work 40 plus hours and pay bills sucks. If you can just live in your parents basement for as long as you can lol.
                          Last edited by Stars1356; 02-17-2016, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Glad to see there's some life in this place... Hopefully the 20 anniversary of the series and RE2make will make people interested again.

I understand that most of us are getting older and don't have a lot of time to keep on checking, so I hope everyone from the community is doing fine.

I'll always be a fan of the RE series. I understand how much it has changed but still has the charm to keep me coming back. If anyone's interested, I'm currently doing some walkthroughs of the series on YouTube, to celebrate 20 years of the good ol' RE1 in all it's cheesy glory.

I'll try to keep coming back here more often.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

I just decided to see how things were going. Decided to marathon the RE games from 0 to 5 (I won't touch 6 again) and thought of this place.

Comment

Personaly I've been(failing to?) putting my RE themed FanFic together, story wise. It's always a pleasure to come back & see a glimpse of activity around here

Comment

Working...
                                X