No announcement yet.

Where'd everyone go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be perfectly blunt, the BH1.5 thread is the real focal point of this entire community. Perhaps it didn't used to be that way, but now that Bioflames is pretty much dead, THIA has become its replacement. At least our community is a hell of a lot better than what Capcom Unity (née Capcom BBS) has devolved into.

Comment

I'm sure eventually with the releases of RE7, RE2 Remake and anything about 1.5 will get us back here in due time.
      Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

I've been away for awhile, I mostly joined this group back in 2008 due to the collection pages. It was pretty interesting to see what other members collected and I enjoyed posting recent additions to my collection also. The community are always friendly on these pages, so I find myself lurking around posts every now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
          Honestly it's pretty sad how dead the site has become now when you think about it. I remember the RE5 days when a new Jill thread would be made almost everyday and members would be getting infractions/bans left and right lol. But I agree with what someone said earlier, fansite forums are a thing nobody cares about these days. Most gamers today stick to the ign/neogaf forums.
          Los Jilluminados haha.
          Those were the days.
          I loved the Jill outrage threads.
          I miss these forums.
          But life moves on.

Comment

Combination of the concept of the message board dying and relying on the enthusiasm of a series.

Comment

Hopefully see a injection of interest once re7 is released.

Comment

Surviving Jilluminado reporting in.

I got old. That's about it.

RE belongs to a newer generation anyways. The way I see it, I had my fun for decades. Now it's time to step aside and let younger ppl make RE their own or whatever.

I'll keep playing the games, tho (old and new). I just won't be telling ppl about it much.

P.S. the forum isn't very mobile friendly. Posting this was a huge hassle. Adms take notice if you want new ppl here ;)
                Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                sigpic

Comment

While I am sad to see the forums slow, I am comforted by thoughts that those who have left are somewhere out there living their lives.

I grew up with so many of you and I am so thankful for the time we spent together. This community helped shape me to be the person I am now.

I hope you all are doing well and know that I love you all.

~John

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                    While I am sad to see the forums slow, I am comforted by thoughts that those who have left are somewhere out there living their lives.

I grew up with so many of you and I am so thankful for the time we spent together. This community helped shape me to be the person I am now.

I hope you all are doing well and know that I love you all.

~John
                    Hey John! Things are slow, we are old(er), it's just the way life goes. I check back here every now and then but things really are slow nowadays, I am looking forward to play 1.5 but I try not to get to spoiled, I don't want to know more about the project then I already do. RE7 is just around the corner and that is a really big thing for any RE fan but I don't think it will revive the RE community to it's former glory, RE2 Remake though.... It's good to know your still around, if you ever want to talk you know where to find me. //Kim

Comment

Necromancy!

Hey people, I know I was never a significant member of THIA but I'm probably one of the oldest members (in terms of age) from what I recall and for me personally I've been working and have kids to look after so the RE fandom had to take more and more of a backseat...
                      One significant thing that's brought me back here now is that my eldest daughter has been playing Resident Evil HD. This and the promise of something different from RE7 has rekindled my own passion for the series and old habits die hard so here I am...
                      Have to say I'm very relieved to find THIA was still here! Thanks you .50cal for not shutting this place down like so many others.

My Xbox gamer tag is: Baracuda1984 so hit me up sometime...Maybe we can get a THIA group going if there isn't one already...
                      Or @BarBigShoulders for a tweet or two...
                      Last edited by Rancid Cheese; 12-23-2016, 01:46 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm not an old member(I've been lurking & reading before joining)but if my memory serves me right THIA was more practical to use back then. I have the impression that dozens of threads opened by members have disappeared.

Comment

I just logged back in because of RE7 and I'm actually very excited for it, hopefully capcom will deliver due to a new rivival in survival horror genre in general
                          sigpic

Comment

A lot of us have gotten old and had lots of things that have occurred in life. We still have some varied interest in the series (it's in our blood) but it's still just a video game franchise and the whole world of technology has evolved and changed a lot to the online social community. Gaming fan bases have become partially irrelevant because of how information is communicated more differently to the younger generations and so fourth.

Basically we're fucking older now and life priorities occurred :p Heck I've not been on this site in three years and only come on-line here as I'm travelling across Asia and the world and wanted my personal details removed (PM'd Carnivol as seems to be the only one on the admin team active here?) from here for reasons. However, with the interest of 7s release I might as well give in to some nostalgia before I focus on back to the remains of my life and move on. There's still some people on here that I remember for their "eccentric" outputs. When you grow up and experience a lot of things physically and mentally it makes you appreciate things in life that make you laugh looking back at the younger digital side of things.
                            Man it's funny when life was simpler back a few years ago and how much stuff can change Anyhow well wishes to everyone for the future
                            Last edited by Zombie Fred; 01-24-2017, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Hey Kim I'm happy to see you are still around!

Have you played the released version of 1.5? I was still kind of in my "out of RE" phase when it released so I'll be honest, I only played it for a very short amount of time with IceDDZ. I'm curious about your thoughts on it. I think the work IGAS has been doing is pretty amazing and I hope they are still active.

Rancid Cheese, I remember you . A while back I left the site and Carnivol has taken over as the main person who administer's the site. I needed a good break from the series as my dedication was interfering with my personal life.

Is Anders still around?

Comment

Hey Kim I'm happy to see you are still around!

Have you played the released version of 1.5? I was still kind of in my "out of RE" phase when it released so I'll be honest, I only played it for a very short amount of time with IceDDZ. I'm curious about your thoughts on it. I think the work IGAS has been doing is pretty amazing and I hope they are still active.

Rancid Cheese, I remember you . A while back I left the site and Carnivol has taken over as the main person who administer's the site. I needed a good break from the series as my dedication was interfering with my personal life.

Is Anders still around?

Comment

Working...
                                X