Resident Evil 2 Sales Video circa Nov. 16, 1997

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 2 Sales Video circa Nov. 16, 1997

After having done a VHS conversion for a "client" recently, I can finally share and unveil another VHS tape I've had. I've held this sales video of Resident Evil 2 from the public eye for about more than a year because having a job sucks and eats up all my time when I could be doing fun stuff, like going to Hawaii (more often), photography and doing more YouTube videos. Embedded video below, enjoy.

If you're interested in other digitized game VHS promos and stuff, come over to my YouTube channel. Also, I have more cool stuff coming up at The Game Informant, a gaming blog where I post about gaming niches, trivia, magazine scans of Japanese games, and other bits of interest, among other upcoming off-topic subjects. Not too long ago, I wrote about an unused track found in the sound directory inside Resident Evil 2 and I asked composer Masami Ueda about it. You can find the write-up here: http://okeijidragon.blogspot.com/201...-track-in.html
    If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

I had no idea that VHS versions of this video existed. Thanks for sharing

Way back in 2005/2006, I was contacted by a certain individual who had purchased the BETACAM SP cassette on eBay from a former television studio employee and we negotiated a deal on it. You can view the photos of the original cassette here.

I don't have the equipment to play BETACAM SP, so I simply gave it to Dot50Cal and he had it ripped to PC format. Thread here: Resident-Evil-2-Sales-Video-616-x-464 The version that we owned had a WIP version of the commercial after what is shown in your version, with placeholders and completely different footage. Towards the end, it showed a single-disc version of the CD container prefixed with a generic "Sales info here" type message.

It's a well-known fact that Dot50Cal sold his entire Bio/RE collection, so I have no idea where this thing ended up.

I uploaded the BETACAM SP version to YouTube
    Last edited by MeganGrass; 12-20-2015, 09:42 AM.
    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I have it right here, officer:
      Resource to survival horror games releases - games, promos, demos, soundtracks, movies, and books.

I feel sorry for my poor betacam who has to be all alone (though it's occasionally hanging out with some pesky Silent Hill betacams), and would be quite happy to pay a lot of money for the VHS counterpart. Wink wink...
      lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Would anyone be willing to share the videos for full public use and want to provide a raw-quality version that I can encode for PUTV? Our aim is to archive every last bit of media related to the series that can be reasonably gathered, meanwhile I keep raw backups on my internal and external drives and on PU's server space.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I have the raw BC>DVD conversion Dot50 had done. One day I will get around to it (but don't hold your breath on this happening anytime very soon).
          lostreleases // demopals

Comment

I don't know why it took me so long to realise it, but so many textures from 1.5 were clearly used in the retail version as well. The floor texture at 0:44 is a carbon copy of the floor texture seen in the B1 corridor and service garage of 1.5.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
              I had no idea that VHS versions of this video existed. Thanks for sharing

It's a well-known fact that Dot50Cal sold his entire Bio/RE collection, so I have no idea where this thing ended up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUeVY1OS66U
              Thanks for the info! I might have passed by that BetaCam tape on your site once before but didn't look deep into it. I'm guessing there's more of Dot's stuff scattered across different owners, and I just happened to buy this tape from one of them. Small world.

Originally posted by Anders View Post
              Wink wink...
              I'll give you a call whenever I need to dash for cash. =)

BTW, I have more Resident Evil stuff along the way. For some clues, here's my splash page video. Check out the end.

If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

Probably just video footage but the character models have that n64 look, straight edges but blurred / less colourful textures than psx version, is this confirmed footage from psx version???

Comment

Working...
                X