- Main character is named Ethan, who travels to Dulvey (Louisiana) to look for her missing wife
- RE 7 is not a zombies game anymore. This time is much more focused on psychological horror
- A new type of enemy called "Holoforms"
- They saw 3 different bosses and really liked them. In one of these boss fights you have to drive a car
- Much more focused on exploration than previous RE games
- Inventory size is limited (e.g. shotgun takes two intentory blocks)
- Manual saving
- You can save as many times as you want, but once you complete the game for the first time, you unlock the "Asylum/Madhouse" difficulty, where saving is limited
- The number of ammo is quite limited, so most of the time you have to run away from enemies. Ethan can also protect himself from enemies attacks by using his arms or by binding down just before he's gonna get hit
- Confirmed weapons so far: knife (first weapon you find), handgun, shotgun, magnum, flamethrower and chainsaw
- The members of the Baker family are "bullet sponges", so you will need a huge amount of ammo to kill them. However, they can be stunned after a certain number of shots
- There are A LOT of jumpscares/scary moments
- A certain kind on insect will have a great importance/presence in one section of the game
- Ethan wears a watch called "codec", where you can check your health and works as main game interface
- Throughout the game we will find "cages" containing new weapons, health/weapons upgrades, etc. In order to open them, we'll have to collect coins that can be found in different scenarios (they seem to be hidden and difficult to find)
- There'll be a lot of locked doors first time we get into the Baker's house. To open them, we need to find specific keys or single-use lockpicks
- Items boxes are back
- Ethan is not particularly fast (his movement seems to be quite slow), so we have to pay attention to our environment for any enemy signal to start running away as soon as possible
- "Holoforms" are quite similar to Hunters, but slower. To kill them, we'll have to dismember them
- We'll have the option to use "psychostimulants" to find hidden items. However, they are completely optional and their duration is limited
- Puzzles will have a great presence again. However, the ones that they witnessed were quite simple (e.g. rotate an item in front of a source of light to generate a silhouette)
- We'll never see Ethan's face
- The world is filled with collectible VHS tapes that contain different "mini-games". For instance, they found one where Mia has to hide from Marguerite, and if the later finds her, you have to start over again. These tapes bring new mechanics to the table, as well as new story bits
- There are different collectibles besides VSH tapes. In the build they played, the menu indicated the presence of 32 documents, 18 old coins (currency to buy new upgrades) and 20 figures called "Mr. Everywhere", which function is unknown.
- The game seems to be in the final stages of development
-The Spanish magazine played the first three hours of RE7, all the screens and info we have from this are from the first three hours of the game.
-The last name of Ethan and Mia is Winters, so Ethan Winters and Mia Winters.
-The beginning area of the game is set at the Baker Plantation and 'around it'. Some 'around' locations include a trailer and a greenhouse.
-They say those who expect this to not feel like Resident Evil will probably be pleasently surprised, it oozes with charm of the series and has a number of moments that may make old-time fans nostalgic.
-Bugs have a big presence in a certain segment of the game involving the knife, they tease.
-The keys of the Baker Family Estate are animal shaped and themed. Lots of going through previous areas and unlocking new areas.
-Apparently references to all entries of the series is huge, there's nods to everything from the original to RE6. You might be surprised how clever some of them are, and the magazine says while they can't say what they are, some of them are glorious.
-There is a section where you need a crank to work a bridge.
-Apparently saving at cassettes is manual or Normal difficulty up, EXCEPT for boss fights where they give you a a auto-save when they show up on Normal (but not Madhouse difficulty).
-Game is said to be around 14-16 hours long.
-Mention that the old woman Camille will sometimes be heard o you see her shadow coming towards you, you turn around and there's nothing there.
--The Holoforms will be hunter-esque creature but way much slower than them (Possible considering a tier2 level enemy compared to normal zombies without any relation to actual hunters)...Whats more interesting is, that to end them we will have to dismember them. Guns will most likely have no effect on them at all. Hence may be the main reason of why we have flamethrowers, dynamites, grenades and chainsaw.
--"The moody environment is only the first layer of the onion that is re7. As you remove layers, you will shed tears of nostalgia. at last!" (The corridor with bluish glow picture)
--"The Knife will be the first weapon that we hold, and the bugs/spiders you see in the image will have a great presence in a certain section." (Knife picture)
--A mysterious character will often call us on the phone (the lifelong fixed (?!) ), which will be key to the narrative. Rush to it when you hear the sound far away. (Telephone Picture)
--The codec will be a wristwatch that will show the health and that will act as interface. The screen will be clean of indicators, also ideal for virtual reality. (Wristwatch picture.)
--These cages will contain improvements (more health, higher speed of recharge, a magnum). To open them you will need coins, which will be hidden throughout the storyline. (Cage picture.)
Page 6 :
--Shadows will be hunter-esque creature but way much slower than them (Possible considering a tier2 level enemy compared to normal zombies without any relation to actual hunters)...Whats more interesting is, that to end them we will have to dismember them. Guns will most likely have no effect on them at all. Hence may be the main reason of why we have flamethrowers, dynamites, grenades and chainsaw.
--"The psychostimulants" will serve to locate the objects that are nearby by making them glow. For the purists, its use will be optional and its duration will be very limited." (Pills picture.)
--"Generate a silhouette" seems to be one of the easiest puzzles around. (Straw Doll picture.)
--Camille Baker will appear at certain places only to disappear when you turn back. (Camilla Baker picture.)
--Door picture one was kinda confusing, but I assume someone is baiting Ethan to get closer via lantern and unfortunately he needs to go in there to progress further.
"The idea is that humans are the most terrifying creatures of all." says the producers on last page with huge letters, which will probably be the main theme of game.
It should be also mentioned that after probably an 12 months later or so, game may be available for HTC Vive and Oculus but its not clear if that's just a guess of writer because I'm yet to see any statement confirmed.