This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 7 spoiler thread!

Since the game is now in some peoples hands post all your spoiler content here!

Thoughts? Impressions?
    sigpic

H.C.F.

Fucking H.C.F. is mentioned finally.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
      H.C.F.

Fucking H.C.F. is mentioned finally.
      I caught on that too. I don't know if the translation is different but what are your thoughts on the whole ending Hunk/Chris stuff with the Umbrella Corps helicopter at the end? The only thing I am eerie about is the fact this was made by the director of Revelations 1 and the initial trailer showed Hunk and a Clone/Double Ganger Chris Redfield tied up.
      Probably my last post onto this as I tend to post on Neogaf and wanting my details gone from here so will give a read from time to time initially
      Last edited by Zombie Fred; 01-24-2017, 03:34 PM.

Comment

News Bot, I've been waiting years to ask you what your personal rating is for this game (out of ten) and how it compares to the 'action trilogy' as a whole.

Comment

Solid 8/10 for me and it's a completely different beast from those games. Could've been longer with more enemy variety but that's my only real complaint. It suffers from the jarring loading of REV1 and REV2 as well. You can be walking along and suddenly get a massive FPS drop because the game is loading something in, whether it be a random encounter or something else.

Comment

I loved this game, I think it's now tied in second place with RE 2 for all time favorites. I can't decided which is better, although I am leaning towards RE 2 being slightly better (mostly because of the music and monster variety).

Speaking of this game, I am a bit confused about the story. So, is Chris Redfield working for umbrella and is umbrella revived from the dead? I got the impression of that and that Ethan was working for them too and the whole game was just umbrella trying to dispose of one of it's own rogue bio weapons.

Comment

Could've been longer with more enemy variety
              DLC

It suffers from the jarring loading of REV1 and REV2 as well. You can be walking along and suddenly get a massive FPS drop because the game is loading something in, whether it be a random encounter or something else.
              PS4 Pro
              Last edited by Enigmatism415; 01-25-2017, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Karui View Post
                I loved this game, I think it's now tied in second place with RE 2 for all time favorites. I can't decided which is better, although I am leaning towards RE 2 being slightly better (mostly because of the music and monster variety).

Speaking of this game, I am a bit confused about the story. So, is Chris Redfield working for umbrella and is umbrella revived from the dead? I got the impression of that and that Ethan was working for them too and the whole game was just umbrella trying to dispose of one of it's own rogue bio weapons.
                Umbrella has been revived but it isn't the same Umbrella. It seems they've returned to the BIO4 background story. We don't know anything about Ethan, but his apparent lack of care is just because he is meant to represent the player, and having the character out-of-tune with the player's own emotional state is often not good for the kind of horror the game aims for (especially in VR).

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                DLC

PS4 Pro
                We haven't seen anything from the DLCs yet and I'm playing on a PC with the game installed on a SSD.

Comment

Umbrella has been revived but it isn't the same Umbrella. It seems they've returned to the BIO4 background story. We don't know anything about Ethan, but his apparent lack of care is just because he is meant to represent the player, and having the character out-of-tune with the player's own emotional state is often not good for the kind of horror the game aims for (especially in VR).
                  I hope this gets expanded on in the free DLC Not a hero.

Comment

Loved this game. Screamed out loud few times which made me giddy with excitement.

I know in the Derelict House tape you can use the lock pick to access a coin. Are there any interactions like that in other tapes??

Comment

Fuck Mark Reichwein.

本計画は2000年、 H.C.F.の技術協力のもと、 「敵集団を戦闘によらず制圧する生物兵器」 の開発を目的としてスタートした。
                      Under H.C.F.'s technical cooperation, this project began in 2000 for the development of a "bioweapon able to bring enemy groups under control without resorting to battle."
                      There is no "NEXBAS", it's completely pulled out of Reichwein's ass. Eveline also has no "damn you all to hell" line.
                      Last edited by News Bot; 01-27-2017, 06:07 AM.

Comment

So did Mia initially "die" to leave Ethan to do the Bioweapon (Evaline) transport?
                        Do we think Umbrella made Evaline? Or another company? And Umbrella come in at the end to investigate the outbreak and potentially steal research. Given that they worked with H.C.F who are known rivals to Umbrella (CODE: Veronica) I would suspect a third party.

Overall I really liked the game - the final boss was over the top silly, but Capcom can't seem to help themselves.

It also looks like the Inside Report from the E-Capcom collector's edition has the Umbrella Corps logo on the cover. Maybe it contains some more information on their involvement in the ending
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	ryukeri-img450x600-14855633961485563396.1935101528f62nw10152.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	404971
                        Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 01-28-2017, 03:25 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

I think 'Inside Report' is more of a making of thing. But if there is any story stuff be sure to let us know!
                          Last edited by TheBatMan; 01-28-2017, 11:35 AM.
                          "I've got 100 cows."
                          "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Before the game was released I was expecting to say "nothing like a funeral to bring the family together" heh, but so far I find the game pretty good - just reached the double chainsaw dude who was pretty annoying.. but the basement area came off pretty well, it felt/looked a lot like REmake. Maybe not as great as RE4 was in changing the genre, but it's close..

Originally posted by Kei_M View Post
                            Loved this game. Screamed out loud few times which made me giddy with excitement.
                            At the very least, games like this are also good for finding out what you say naturally in surprising situations - for me its various variations of "fucking hell" or "holy shit".

Comment

I've been questioning whether the website 'Reddit' has any real RE fans after they believed HUNK (?) or that "Redfield" guy was actually the Chris Redfield. Come on!
                              Last edited by Guest; 01-28-2017, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X