This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
    So did Mia initially "die" to leave Ethan to do the Bioweapon (Evaline) transport?
    No, Mia was coming back with Ethan after they dispatched Eveline to the other branch. Somehow Director Alan mess thing ups and Eveline goes Rogue. Mia tries to capture Eveline she fails and sends the video telling Ethan that he should not look for her. Three Years later Eve, forces MIA to send the E-mail saying come and get me at the baker residence.

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
    I'm playing on a PC with the game installed on a SSD.
    That's odd, because i'm playing on PC too and i get a solid 60 fps and my PC is mid tier high end PC (AMD..)

Originally posted by BSAA . Org View Post
    I've been questioning whether the website 'Reddit' has any real RE fans after they believed HUNK (?) or that "Redfield" guy was actually the Chris Redfield. Come on!
    The dead giveaway is when he says " I'M REDFIELD" with an Evil voice.... The only thing that was missing was the muahahah...
    Last edited by Wild Dog; 01-29-2017, 06:57 PM.

Comment

When Hunk comes down a helicopter with the Umbrella logo and he says "I'm Redfield"

Seriously, maybe he's not Hunk but he's definitely not Chris.
      Last edited by Leon Scottfield; 01-29-2017, 07:52 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Heck, I'm a bit bored of people debating whether that's "Redfield" or not. Ha-ha. Christ, it isn't him. Why would Chris now want to work for Umbrella anyway? Unless he decided the world wasn't worth saving any longer, but I highly *DOUBT* that has happened.

Comment

Bored of it? Heck, I think one of the best things Capcom is doing is allowing some room for theorizing and discussion before (hopefully) clearing it up in the dlc. I'm only going off resident evil wiki but Chris has the same Japanese voice actor as regular Chris. If the Japanese choices are as infalible as Newsbot paints them, I don't think it's so silly to have some doubt. I do get why people say he looks different, but he really does have a vague resemblance to Chris from Re1 and I see 5 and 6 especially in the dlc image. I'm expecting this to all be cleared up in a few months, until then I'm going to enjoy theorizing:] haven't been able to do this since code Veronica

Originally posted by Scream View Post
          At the very least, games like this are also good for finding out what you say naturally in surprising situations - for me its various variations of "fucking hell" or "holy shit".
          I screamed from the Mia jump scare after the first fight xD. Like it wasn't even a scary moment but it totally knocked my breath away. That entire scene had me so on edge and full of Oh my God's I had to stop playing so I could suppress my giddiness and get back into the right frame of mind to get scared again.
          Last edited by Kei_M; 01-30-2017, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Scottfield View Post
            When Hunk comes down a helicopter with the Umbrella logo and he says "I'm Redfield"

Seriously, maybe he's not Hunk but he's definitely not Chris.
            Not Hunk, he is 3A-7, just to be the forced Tie-In with Umbrella Corps. If he was Hunk he should look a bit older. "Redfield" looks to be in his early 30s.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Dog View Post
              "Redfield" looks to be in his early 30s.
              lmfao what

Comment

Yeah... I don't think so, discarding the possibility of that guy being Hunk just based on his looks is a mistake, the appearance of each character has changed a lot from game to game.
                sigpic

Comment

It is likely the villain in Umbrella Corps, which is probably the most gash game ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Scottfield View Post
                    Yeah... I don't think so, discarding the possibility of that guy being Hunk just based on his looks is a mistake, the appearance of each character has changed a lot from game to game.
                    Indeed but they don't de age. Look at Leon, from RE2 to RE6 his appearence did change, but you were able to recognize him, plus in every new game he looks older.

The only official image of unmasked hunk is the one from RE2, we should not take in account the Outbreak model, since it was never released. In Re2 he looks older than Leon, he looks like a seassoned veteran. Now in Re7 this "Redfield" looks like the picture from Re2 hunk.

What i think, is that 3A-7 is a clone of Hunk and that's why he looks quite similar to RE2 Hunk. I guess we will have to wait to the DLC

Originally posted by Kei_M View Post
                    lmfao what
                    For the looks of his face, "Redfield" is not older than 35.
                    Last edited by Wild Dog; 02-01-2017, 06:56 PM.

Comment

I'm rather hoping this is HUNK as well. I get a bit sick of Capcom introducing so many new characters, plot stuff and whatnot, when they don't resolve all the old shit. Every new game seems to introduce some new threat, or mystery, new people we may not care about or whatever. It's a bit drawn out. You know? Like, some fans don't really mind that, but it's a bit on the annoying side for me because the series is already a convoluted mess, and before moving towards new stuff, there's some answers we may want before they just start being all random. Because if this ain't HUNK, we'd be asking...Where is HUNK? You know? Then that new guy would vanish, and 20 years later when we're at Resident Evil 15, we'd be like, what the hell happened to such and such? Or they'll just make new stories and use the Revelations games for all of this other mess.

Comment

Originally posted by BSAA . Org View Post
                        I get a bit sick of Capcom introducing so many new characters, plot stuff and whatnot, when they don't resolve all the old shit. Every new game seems to introduce some new threat, or mystery, new people we may not care about or whatever. It's a bit drawn out.
                        Hey. We just got our second H.C.F reference almost 17 years after the first. Be patient
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                          Hey. We just got our second H.C.F reference almost 17 years after the first. Be patient
                          Well, it's about goddamn time.

I was being sarcastic. But, seriously. All respect where it is due, but RE7 to me at least, well, it felt more like another spin-off entry still, or what do you call it? Like a set-up to a better game, that we'll probably have to wait like 2 more years for, or something. But still; I'm not knocking RE7 here. It's been one of the better RE experiences in a long ass time. And I do mean a long ass time, indeed. Because I was literally close to just saying fuck it all. I've been a mega RE fan since like the turn of the century and have put up with all the BS over the years just like everybody else here has, so it was nice to finally see Capcom make a great game again, even if it was vastly different to what we are used to seeing.

Screw 'Operation Raccoon City' and all that other mince they put out there. Sometimes, I wonder if the 1996 Capcom employees are even actually still there. You know? It was seriously that awful.

Comment

Oh I was being sarcastic too. I enjoyed the distance between 7 and the other games. The alternative I guess is crap like 6 where everyone's in it for the sake of being in it (and Jake has to be Wesker's child). I think the small scale of 7 is great - and the RE games with the smallest scale tend to be my favourites (1, 2).

Some of the 1995 Capcom talent are still there; Jun Takeuchi was a producer on RE7 for instance.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah. That shit kind of annoyed me too, like how Capcom could just conjure up a 'son of Wesker' plot seemingly out of thin air for the sake of carrying on Wesker's legacy in some stupid capacity, so that Sherry (whose old man actually knew Wesker) has a romantic interest. Oh my God. It is like Jason's niece or whatever. All these horror movies do the exact same thing as what Capcom did with Jake. Always making out there's a cousin of the villain, who is the key to stopping (insert asshole's name here). But I've ranted about that sort of stuff before, and we need to let it go. It's Hollywood BS anyway.

RE6 was overall a piece of shit, absolutely unworthy of the name Resident Evil; I so hate that "training" mode at the start. You can't even bloody skip that. Uh! And then of course it was just like a stale version of RE4 (a better game I might add) only in a goddam city with coop in it (like RE5, but worse). After RE5, I really thought I'd seen it all - I really did. Revelations 2 on the other hand, was the redemption the series needed. Give or take, Revelations 2 was one of the better RE games in recent years. It has its flaws, but I heavily enjoyed it.

But if Capcom screw up the RE2 remake, I'm done...

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Dog View Post
                                Not Hunk, he is 3A-7, just to be the forced Tie-In with Umbrella Corps. If he was Hunk he should look a bit older. "Redfield" looks to be in his early 30s.
                                But 3A-7 is voiced by DC Douglas in Umbrella Corps, who also voices Wesker in other games, "Redfield" is a different VA... I know Capcom changes actors like underwear but I really don't think it's 3A-7.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Working...
                                X