Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE Sites

Hey everyone,

I've been out of the loop for a while now but I was curious - Are there any large Forums / Websites dedicated to Resident Evil still around? I get the impression that this kind of communication on fan sites has kind of died out but I'm curious.

Dare I say that a lot are still around - Project Umbrella and Rely On Horror. I don't know of any newer ones springing up and gaining a foothold.
    I know there's a Resident Evil subreddit but I don't go often (and certainly don't post) and I'm not looking at RE sites until I've finished #7
    sigpic

Comment

The main cause of death for communities like this, other than "staff" getting busy with their lives and other stuff, is basically social media.

Comment

Biohaze, Resident Evil subreddit and in the last months Neogaf seems to love everything ebout RE.
        Spoiler:

Comment

Yeah, it definitely seems like social media and mass "boards" like reddit have kind of killed off fan sites, at least in the RE series from what I can tell. Maybe we just need to tune into a particular niche that these sites cannot provide.

Maybe the lack of content here is also a factor. I mean, the site has been kind of in a shell state for like a decade haha.

Comment

Well, Biohaze, Biohazard France and Rely on Horror are still kicking. Project Umbrella it's falling apart and has a shortage of staff lately but we're still up and running. Crimson Head Elder is somewhat new in the neighborhood and they focus more in interviewing Voice Actors at the moment. Resident Evil's forum in Capcom Unity, NeoGaf and Reddit are now the go-to place for the casual players, which will always be the mayority.

There's also the Resident Evil Wikia, a few modding forums and some foreign sites around, but that's it as far as I know. By the way, it's good to see you're back with the site.
            Last edited by Ridley W. Hayes; 01-28-2017, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Biohaze is still around, yeah. In fact, it's the only remaining popular fan site in English that has forums.

As you know, reHorror is long gone, but there is another site in its place called 'Rely on Horror' that also covers other horror games too, although DaMa (who founded the site) seems to have disappeared off the face of the Earth and left another guy in charge. It's the one site I now visit the most for horror gaming news, but there's not any forums, sadly. All other online forums have went downhill, both as generic message boards for covering games in general, and for the most hardcore of us fans, user activity is a hit and a miss.

At one point, Rely on Horror used the Hell Descent forums, but now you just use a Disqus account, or Google handle, or something similar when you want to post comments.

Comment

Originally posted by BSAA . Org View Post
                Biohaze is still around, yeah. In fact, it's the only remaining popular fan site in English that has forums.
                Naw son.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Yeah, I already know about Project Umbrella. But didn't you turn off registration? So that technically may not count anymore. Well, kinda. I dunno.

Comment

Registration is open again, lol.
                    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

OK. I signed up as 'Neurotoxin' today!

Comment

Working...
                      X