RE7 Opinions Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post

What is it with Resident Evil and boats, though?
    I don't think they've ever done one justice as a main location, even in 7, so I expect to see another one at some point.
    "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

Well, ships have dark places and also there are containers that things may just spring out of without any warning, and the idea of a boat sinking as well makes it extra scary.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
        Whilst it falls at the final hurdle, there's something more tragic & relatible about an ordinary family being caught up in an BOW incident than more story lines about those who create them. Its the tying it into the wider world during the final act that felt underwhelming for me, but I still see benefits in approaching this new era of RE with more self contained, personal stories, than corporate espionage and clones.
        Agreed. I totally get that. I felt really bad for the Bakers in the end, especially when Jack is talking to Ethan in his head. It was the first time in the series we see the effects of these biohazards effects people at a human level.

Comment

It's now the weekend, you guys, so as the great Chris Jericho would say - drink it in, man. And I've uploaded this new video on YouTube in order to voice my opinions on RE7 (and the series in general).

Please remember to turn up your volume because my devices always seem to have the most shitty sound quality for some reason (or Dell is really just a shit company for laptops). Oh, and try to not let my thick accent put ya off.

Comment

BSAA, I get that RE7 doesn't suitably engage with the pre-established universe for you to consider it a sequel, but the "they slap a name on something and except it to sell" and "they're going to milk it and cater for the action fans" suggests that you you're not appreciative of how we ended up with RE7, or even what it actually is.

We do have are comments from Capcom as far back as 2013 that their plans for RE7 would take on both negative feedback towards RE6 as a whole and returning to the series' core audience and survival horror:

Whilst it wasn't mentioned, I also want to quash any suggestions that the full RE7 jumped on the P.T. bandwagon:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Is the entire game first-person? Does the Umbrella Corporation still play a role? Will there be any guns at all? Capcom producer Masachika Kawata weighs in.

"I think the crux of the question is whether or not there are people who worked on the PT demonstration that Konami released. I can say that there are no staff on the team now or before that worked on PT at Capcom. However, we were actually creating Resident Evil 7 before PT was announced, so when they announced it, it was kind of like, ''Oh, they're doing first-person too?'' However, now that we've come this far, we can see that the content of this game is completely different from what the content or the direction that [PT] was moving in."

So, RE7 is a deliberate step away from the action specticle of 6. RE7 has deliberately taken large strides towards its survival horror roots, even if the perspective is different. And whilst I don't deny that a combination of RE7's small locations, simpler puzzles, lowerl enemy counts, generous ammo & no need for cassettes (on easy & medium) mean it stops alittle short of the original trilogy in terms of difficulty, it's by no means an action title. I'd suggest playing again on the Madhouse difficulty for something harder than both medium difficulty and the fixed camera titles, although the boat section drags on even more then

"I just really want Resident Evil to go back to the way it was when I first started"

There is question of whether that's possible with the series as-is, or if we have to move away from established characters and relationships in order to do that, although I think the answer is quite subjective, but I do believe that the unsuspecting heroes of the earlier titles helps contribute towards that. Albert Wesker betraying people, Ada having questionable motives & Claire looking for Chris won't ever feel the same as when you first encountered those moments in the RE universe, even if the characters and actions are the same.

I do think there is a happy medium that RE8 could hit for those who loved RE7 as is and those that wish the series was closer the originals, without returning to Fixed Cameras. A default difficulty setting that's alittle tighter on the ammo and reintroduces cassettes / ink ribbons, and a story that's got alittle more overlap with the wider world and pre-existing characters whilst also retaining a distance would be great foundations here.

Comment

Thanks.

I think they were right to do away with typewriters as save points. We're in the digital age now. Few people use typewriters. Look at Lucas. He has an iPhone.

Comment

no weapon with decent stopping power and what the f*** a 4 rounds shotgun? Will get killed by a fast crawling dude for sure.

Comment

Shotguns will take all molded but the fat ones down with 1 headshot shot, whilst the pistols can thake them down with 3-5 headshots. This game demands more precision aiming that its fixed camera grandparents.

Comment

Do you think they should make an 'open world' RE game someday? I'm watching two guys playing Dead Island on a YouTube video, and I think a game like this (but a scary one) would be awesome.

Comment

I would love an open world game set during the Raccoon City incident. Being able to help other survivors during the outbreak would be really cool and having it be a spinoff would allow for a large stylistic departure like this.

Comment

Well, one downside to open world games is that they are usually not scary, and tend to have beat 'em up elements, and co-op in horror games makes the games rather not terrifying. It would be interesting, but to pull it off, it would have to be horrific. That's probably why Capcom has shied away from doing a Dead Rising style horror game in the RE universe. So I think anyway. Being by the same company, I cannot rule out a crossover between the series. But it's unlikely to happen.

Comment

An open world game doesn't have to adhere to a specific type of gameplay. Tony Hawk's American Wasteland is an open world game but doesn't have any "beat em up" elements.

Comment

I watched a bit of Dead Island on YouTube. The accents of the players were rather annoying, but the game itself only looked "mildly interesting" at best.

Comment

If you're curious about open world and horror then I'd recommend looking at DayZ, H1Z1, Forest & Arc, not DR, Dying Light or Dead Island.

Comment

Well, Not a Hero is gonna be action focused. No surprises there! This is Capcom bluffing as always by promising a horror game, when really, we all know it's somehow going to be a satisfying mix of both genres. They lied again.

Anyway, besides the much awaited scenario with Chris, there's also a new horror related story coming soon as well, which I have no idea will be about. But I'm looking forward to it anyway. It's also really hilarious that Chris now uses steroid shots to heal and boost his health meter. Irony!

Comment

Working...
                                X