No announcement yet.

RE7 Opinions Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's the bluff? All we know is that it's called 'Not a hero', you play as Chris and you are going after Lucas. Have I missed something?
    "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

I meant that RE7 continues (to some degree) to preserve the action trend of the more recent RE games.

Comment

It's not a twitch game. Combat requires careful, considered shots. The Molded and Jack can soak up alot of misplaced shots.

RE2&3 have more generous aiming, RE2 has generous ammo counts and RE3 has dodge.

If you put REMake or Advanced Mode from RE1 on one end of a survival vs action scale and Chris' story from RE6 at the other than I'd consider Revelations 1&2 around the midpoint and 7 between that and the survival side.

[EDIT] There's much better ways of phrasing this arguement, but I was on my mobile, on holiday, and a few beers down.

So, you can define action as being about reactions & skill, whilst strategy about long term planning. Survival Horror generally has a mix of both. Then you can also look into how Shinji Mikami describes survival horror, on his own terms, about overcoming fear through resource management. I.e, take risks early on with weaker weapons and / or careful dodging and be rewarded later on with larger amounts of more poweful ammo and / or weapons in order to take on the same & larger threats.

Yes RE7 has more reliance on Skill than RE1-CV because Headshots count for more, whilst generous ammo & health objects, coupled with simpler puzzles & smaller locations require less strategy, but it's nowhere near the RE4-7 camp when it come to action. They don't require precise skill, and barely any strategic choices.

I get it if people don't feel RE7 is RE for them, but when it comes to tangible elements like mechanics and gameplay loops, it's alot easier to define what RE7 is and isn't and opinion doesn't count for anywhere as much here.
        Last edited by Jimmy_Jazz; 03-02-2017, 04:10 PM.
        "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

Some of the DLC was totally horseshit. The birthday one is just stupid, and only worth playing for to earn goodies. They are more than making it up to us with the new scenario with Chris, or the clone of Chris. 'Daughters' was very good, but rather short.

Meh. Who the hell even knows at this stage if this is Chris?

Comment

I honestly loved every second of RE7, it felt a bit short but I played it in segments so I didn't blast through it in a matter of days. I'm not too sure if another first person title in the series would have the same effect as 7, but it's so much better than what we could have got, had the developers decided to have another action focused game.

Comment

I just started my first madhouse run tonight. Oh my!

Spoiler:
              sigpic

Comment

Did the molded have a shirt on saying you're a 'The Horror Is Alive' donator?

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                  I just started my first madhouse run tonight. Oh my!

Spoiler:
                  That is the way the game was intended to be and you can see most of its flaws, like no weapon with decent stopping power.

Comment

I should say I'm not playing with any unlockables. Having an easier time of it now I'm actually playing more offensive. Enhanced ammo is great - (at least the early) molded go down in 2 headshots. I even snuck up on a crawler and it dies to 1 headshot. I'm now up to the old house and the damn bees >: (
                    sigpic

Comment

Ha-ha. Oh dear!

Comment

Well that's Dead Rising...

Comment

People always look into things too much, noticing every flaw in a movie, game, or whatever. But I agree that some characters in games have wooden acting. But you cannot blame a fictional character for that.

Comment

Working...
                          X