Invader Studios' Daymare: 1998 is up on Kickstarter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invader Studios' Daymare: 1998 is up on Kickstarter

Invader Studios, the small Italian developer that's probably best known to most here as the developer that made the Resident Evil 2: Reborn gameplay demo in the Unreal Engine and later on was invited to come visit Capcom HQ, just put up their Kickstarter for their first original/solo project; Daymare: 1998. Whilst the trailer linked to in the text there is an old trailer, it absolutely shows signs of heading in the right direction. However, if you need more to be convinced that Daymare: 1998 is one to keep an eye on, it's worth noting that the team has received plenty of praise from a variety of members of the development teams of various Resident Evil titles.

If you're curious about the finer details about the goals of the project and general info on what's been said by whom, who's doing what and what to evt. expect from the final product, I suggest dropping by their Kickstarter page, read up, show your support if you're lusting for more, and spread the word. This is absolutely a case of a game being worked on by the fans, for the fans.

Link to kickstarter page: Here
    Last edited by Carnivol; 02-15-2017, 06:50 PM.

Yep. This looks braw indeed. I actually made a thread about it on here recently. I hope it gets completed one day.

Comment

It's kind of funny how they're claiming that this game is going to bring back classic Survival Horror, yet they go with the generic over the shoulder third person shooter perspective that is meant to be for action games. Anyway, best luck to them but I wouldn't hold my breath.
      The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
        It's kind of funny how they're claiming that this game is going to bring back classic Survival Horror, yet they go with the generic over the shoulder third person shooter perspective that is meant to be for action games. Anyway, best luck to them but I wouldn't hold my breath.
        Ahaha. Yeah. Good point. I guess the general idea is that they want things to go more in the direction of what RE3.5 was doing, instead of the purely action focused design of RE4.

Comment

These guys were meant to work on a remake of RE2 which got cancelled. I know it's first person, but it could be scary if done right, but we know what usually happens. However, to me, it looks like a RE4 style game now set in a city.

Comment

Sorry for jumping in, please forgive. I work for Invader Studios and we are a week into our Kickstarter now for Daymare 1998. I just wanted to thank you for your interest and answer a couple of questions / points. 1st of all the game is a third person game. Also i hope you will be happy when i say we recently announced a fixed camera mode for a special section of the game

The game has a few of the famous Capcom people from the past, lending their support, including Kazuhiro Aoyama, Satoshi Nakai and Akari Kaida. Kazuhiro Aoyama, has agreed to become the ‘Producer Associate’ of Daymare: 1998, Nakai-san joins the team as ‘Enemy Designer’ and Akari Kaida is lined up to be the principal composer for Daymare: 1998, if the stretch goal is reached.

Please come over to the Kickstarter page and take a look. We are happy to answer all your questions. The link is at the top of the page.

Thank you again for all you support and help.

Comment

This project had me interested. They have my support.

Comment

I'm skeptical, because it still looks more like another "RE4 clone" and we all know what RE4 eventually lead to.

Comment

Working...
                X