Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some RE7 Questions about Jack's AI and Behavior (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some RE7 Questions about Jack's AI and Behavior (spoilers)

I haven't been able to experiment with the game as much as I wanted to, because of time, but I am curious about these things.

- Has anyone been able to figure out why on Madhouse mode, after the garage fight, Jack comes back burnt with no shirt, or he comes back with fresh clothes like he had before the fight?

I think it has to do with how the garage fight goes. If you drive the car and end the fight that way, he comes back with his clothes on. If he gets in the car and drives, he comes back with his shirt off. Or, maybe it depends on how much damage you deal to him during that fight, aside from the car?

It's not that big of a deal, but there's gotta be a reason for it. I think it is interesting, because it may affect Jack's behavior or health, depending on the decisions you've made.

- Also, I've noticed, based on watching the RE7 launch trailer, that somehow you can get Jack to come into the bathroom and grab you like he did in Easy/Normal. Watch the beginning of the RE7 launch trailer to see what I mean.

- In Madhouse, if you put the 3 coins in to get the Scorpion Key, Jack pops up into the main hall. But if you instead go up the stairs and to the door by Eveline, he'll pop up at that point instead.

- I've also noticed that depending on certain routes you take on the 2F corridors (outside the playroom), Jack will appear in different locations. I have heard some dialogue I haven't heard before.

I'm mentioning these last two points, because nobody has really covered them yet. In other words, I haven't seen much documentation on all of the possibilites that can happen yet.

It's a lot like RE1's time system. Depending on how much time you spend or where you go, certain events will or won't happen. Which I find very interesting.
    Last edited by RetroRain; 03-14-2017, 11:53 PM.
    My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
    ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
    I haven't been able to experiment with the game as much as I wanted to, because of time, but I am curious about these things.

- Has anyone been able to figure out why on Madhouse mode, after the garage fight, Jack comes back burnt with no shirt, or he comes back with fresh clothes like he had before the fight?

I think it has to do with how the garage fight goes. If you drive the car and end the fight that way, he comes back with his clothes on. If he gets in the car and drives, he comes back with his shirt off. Or, maybe it depends on how much damage you deal to him during that fight, aside from the car?

It's not that big of a deal, but there's gotta be a reason for it. I think it is interesting, because it may affect Jack's behavior or health, depending on the decisions you've made.

- Also, I've noticed, based on watching the RE7 launch trailer, that somehow you can get Jack to come into the bathroom and grab you like he did in Easy/Normal. Watch the beginning of the RE7 launch trailer to see what I mean.

- In Madhouse, if you put the 3 coins in to get the Scorpion Key, Jack pops up into the main hall. But if you instead go up the stairs and to the door by Eveline, he'll pop up at that point instead.

- I've also noticed that depending on certain routes you take on the 2F corridors (outside the playroom), Jack will appear in different locations. I have heard some dialogue I haven't heard before.

I'm mentioning these last two points, because nobody has really covered them yet. In other words, I haven't seen much documentation on all of the possibilites that can happen yet.

It's a lot like RE1's time system. Depending on how much time you spend or where you go, certain events will or won't happen. Which I find very interesting.
    I just played through this part myself. I had a save file before the garage fight, and wasn't expecting him to come so soon after on Madhouse (or the crawling molded outside the save room). I had to replay the garage fight a few times and ended it both ways. I can't remember ever seeing Jack burned afterwards (ie. He always had clothes on again). I also never damaged him outside of the garage fight. Or wasted bullets on him when he is on fire walking towards you (he'd always grab me to trigger the end of the battle).

I guessed the bathroom scene in the trailer used that model to prevent spoilers - no idea if it's achievable in madhouse mode.

In the end what I did was sprint up to get the broken shotgun and then swapping it for the real. Then progressing down into the basement to grab the emblem, but Jack grabs it just before you do and gets ready to fight. Then I went all the way back up to the house and he no longer spawns - then put psychostimulants on and got all the items I can on 2F before triggering the chainsaw battle in the basement.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for weighing in TheSelfishGene. I'm going to post this question at the Capcom-Unity Forum as well, to see if anyone else noticed these things or anything else that hasn't really been brought up yet.
      My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
      ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

I'm bored.

Hurry up and release 'Not A Hero' already, goddamn Capcom.

Comment

Working...
        X