Resident Evil 2 Remake due "soon"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 2 Remake due "soon"

Not much of an update, but producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi was asked about upcoming projects from Capcom, to which he responded that the RE2make project would be out "soon".

Source:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/34...make-due-soon/
    Current writing project: Resident Evil: Origins (screenplay)

out soon? perhaps referring to trailer or teasers maybe

Comment

The article seems to think it will coincide with Resident Evil 2's 20th anniversary next year. A good sign would be a trailer at Tokyo Game Show in... September?

Comment

You just made my day.

Comment

It's fairly worrisome that they haven't showcased any media demonstrating gameplay whatsoever yet the game is about to be released.
          Last edited by Graco; 06-24-2017, 08:46 PM.
          sigpic
          "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

I don't think it's all that worrisome to be honest. They wanted to focus the promotion on Resident Evil 7 for the time being and will shift focus on to the remake afterward. I don't think it's something to look too far into honestly.

Comment

With the lack of the original voice actors returning and how little promotional material there is for this game it doesn't instill a sense of confidence in me that Capcom is particularly proud of this remake. I hope I'm wrong but I would need to see something more substantial from them than this.
              sigpic
              "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

Resident Evil Remake didn't have any returning voice actors from the first game and didn't start the promotion cycle until E3 about 8 months prior to release. I think you are just reading way too much into this.

Comment

Well, with 2018 being the 20th anniversary, it figures we may get an announcement around TGS in another 3 or so months. Fingers crossed they don't screw it up. I'm pulling for this to be a genuinely amazing remake like the first game.

Comment

Soon could mean many different things. There's about a 1% chance that this game comes out in 2017 but let's hope that i'm wrong. I also love how everybody is freaking out due to the lack of updates...it's like a reoccurring theme around here.

Comment

Originally posted by drunkdog View Post
                      There's about a 1% chance that this game comes out in 2017 but let's hope that i'm wrong.
                      I don't think it's coming out this year. The best scenario I can come up with, is a limited time between the first reveal trailer and the release date.... Probably 8 months after, similar to Resident Evil 7. I am holding out hope that a reveal will be at the Tokyo Game Show, and a late spring/early summer release in 2018.

With all the work being put into Not A Hero, I assume they won't want either the DLC or the RE2 Remake to over-shadow the other. So here's hoping TGS unveils both, with fall/winter release of Not A Hero, and a spring/summer release of Resident Evil 2.

Comment

with fall/winter release of Not A Hero
                        That would mean it comes out a year and a half after the initially announced release date. That would be pretty frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by leftshoe18 View Post
                          That would mean it comes out a year and a half after the initially announced release date. That would be pretty frustrating.
                          fall/winter 2017 for Not a Hero.

Comment

Originally posted by ronin_akikage View Post
                            fall/winter 2017 for Not a Hero.
                            Curse my lack of reading comprehension! lol

Comment

So does anyone have any guesses on what changes or additions might be added to Resident Evil 2? Similar to the Resident Evil remake, how they changed layouts, puzzles, added new mechanics, new monsters, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X