No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 2 Remake due "soon"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't be surprised to see Crimson Heads return. Maybe they'll extend the factory stage into a full level like it apparently was in RE1.5. Personally I'd like to see a bit of a longer introduction stage in the streets before arriving at the police station.

Comment

Would it kill them to give us just a screenshot?

The game is coming out soon and yet we have seen literally no media from it.
      My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
      ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
        Would it kill them to give us just a screenshot?

The game is coming out soon and yet we have seen literally no media from it.
        I don't think it is coming out soon though, I read that Kobayashi apologised & that the article was mistranslated. I can't find the article just this video

Comment

Well, with TGS coming up pretty darn soon, we may get an announcement for Revelations 3 around then, if there's a pattern to go by from revealing such titles in prior years. I'm sure the RE2 remake will be out in 2018 anyway. It's bound to be something Capcom are aiming for too, since RE2 was out in 1998. Right?

Comment

Well, development of the game began back in 2015. Maybe they got the game 80% complete, and then decided to scrap it?

It wouldn't be the first time. They saw how successful RE7 was, and decided to make RE2 using photorealism as opposed to regular graphics, which required them to start all over.

Just a theory, even though I don't believe that was the case. I'm just trying to be humorous.

But at the same time I can actually see them doing that.

Comment

I've been waiting to hear something about this but the lack of anything since the initial announcement is painting a grim picture.

I hope I'm wrong but this almost seems like it will be forgotten about and never discussed again like Resident Evil PSP.

Comment

I can see that happening as well. Also, I think we are in for one long dry period of RE news. There is literally nothing every day I check for news, and I don't expect there to be any, anytime soon. I hope I'm wrong, but I think we are in for a long wait (reminds me of the time when we were all waiting for news on Umbrella Chronices, and everybody was starting to get all pissed off because the waiting was forever).

As for RE PSP, I was really annoyed at Capcom over that. That was the single reason I bought the PSP in the first place. And then when it never happened, I was really disappointed. Konami was able to squeeze out at least 2 or 3 Metal Gear titles for the PSP, but we never got that RE game. It's like they squandered an opportunity to make money off of RE.

It's too bad we have literally no information about that game, or why it was scrapped.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
                  As for RE PSP, I was really annoyed at Capcom over that. That was the single reason I bought the PSP in the first place. And then when it never happened, I was really disappointed. Konami was able to squeeze out at least 2 or 3 Metal Gear titles for the PSP, but we never got that RE game. It's like they squandered an opportunity to make money off of RE.

It's too bad we have literally no information about that game, or why it was scrapped.
                  Didn't someone say that it eventually became Revelations? I could've sworn someone said somewhere that they moved it to Nintendo's new hardware since the PSP was dying.

Comment

I believe that was just a rumor and no solid evidence of it ever appeared.

Comment

I'd expect something at TGS. Not that much time has passed and people are gauging this project based on when it was just greenlit.
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                        I'd expect something at TGS. Not that much time has passed and people are gauging this project based on when it was just greenlit.
                        I was trying to say the same thing in an earlier post.

Anyone got a date for this year's show? September, isn't it?
                        Current writing project: Resident Evil: Origins (screenplay)

Comment

TGS is September 21st through the 24th.

Comment

I bet we haven't seen anything yet because they're still deciding whether it should be TPS, FPS, or good (pre-rendered backgrounds).

Comment

I'm half for it, and half not. The reason being, Capcom made the RE remake when RE games still had that true RE atmosphere, and the remake made it 1000 times better. But to want a remake of any other RE game is asking a lot.

RE of old was killed off with RE4. It seems everything since has been created just to keep the RE name alive in any capacity. It was also only a 6 year gap between the original and the remake of RE. RE2 was out almost 20 years ago and things have very much moved ahead. So for all we know, they realized it would be too hard to pull off.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                                I bet we haven't seen anything yet because they're still deciding whether it should be TPS, FPS, or good (pre-rendered backgrounds).
                                I sincerely hope that is not the case. I wouldn’t be surprised if they take this in a direction other than a lot of people are hoping it will be. I’ve tried to have as few expectations as possible. Not because I’m being pessimistic but because there’s not anything to really begin forming an opinion on yet.
                                sigpic
                                "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

Working...
                                X