George Romero has passed away at age 77

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Romero has passed away at age 77

Legendary director George Romero has passed away at age 77 after a battle with lung cancer.

http://deadline.com/2017/07/george-r...ad-1202129783/

I have decided to post it here, as Romero is connected to the Resident Evil franchise, not only because of filming commercials for Biohazard 2 and his pitch for directing a live-action adaptation, but also because the entire franchise has been indebted to his film legacy.

May he rest in peace.
    Current writing project: Resident Evil: Origins (screenplay)

Condolences to his family and friends.

He's responsible for a part of pop culture as well as some very good movies. I like that his films didn't try and tread the same ground - he tried a new message or moral each time; with zombies as an allegory.
    sigpic

Comment

He will be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by ronin_akikage View Post
        commercials for Biohazard 2
        In his honor, I think we should watch them again. Great work, really. They capture the essence of the game really well.

And the other one:
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I've been hearing rumors that the actors for Leon and Claire did not want their names to be known, for fear of ruining their budding careers.

Anyway, rest in piece, zombie master. Let us hope that you don't return as one of THEM. I always personally felt sorry that your script for the Resident Evil movie didn't take off. Capcom bosses have such poor taste...

Comment

Wow, Leon actually looks like his supposed age in that trailer. A shame about Romero, though.

Comment

Yeah he did one for too irc where they had a zombie head under a service plate cover at a dinner party.

Comment

Working...
            X