No announcement yet.

It's here - RE2 Remake Official E3 Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest I would rather have this “reimagining” than a more polished version of Rod Lima’s remake. The superior elements of 1.5 which were abandoned in the retail seem to have found their way into this game. And the changes to the RPD so far have been quite welcome. The visuals of the environment alone do so much more for creating psychological sources of distress that could not have been achieved by a “prettier” version of the original precinct. Not to mention that there’s not much to be fearful of when the layout of scares and progression trajectory remain unchanged. What was showcased of the remake at E3 is far more menacing than the original, which is not to dismiss the original’s quality at all. But the development team certainly took advantage of the engine and I cannot wait to see more.
    Last edited by Graco; 06-12-2018, 10:55 PM.
    sigpic
    "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

Damn... It actually looks promising, like something I'd truly wanna play. But I don't own a PS4, and I'm not sure if I even wanna get one. Between this, and the new DMC5 they also announced, maybe I'll have to after all.

What do you guys think? Will Capcom perhaps use this opportunity to reboot the whole timeline? Restart the whole thing and erase the past 15 years worth of poor decisions? Now if ever they'd have the chance to do so.

Indeed, is it still 1998, or did they move it up to current year?

Comment

Originally posted by Northman View Post
        Indeed, is it still 1998, or did they move it up to current year?
        I was just thinking that, looking at the laptop computer in the RPD hall. Outbreak even was guilty of sneaking in (then) contemporary (mostly Japanese) technology into a USA 1998 setting. It's been a peeve of mine for a while.

I don't mind that they are doing this re-imagining route. RE2 is my favourite in the series and has been for 20 years. I think this will be a cool take on the story, but I never saw much point in a shot for shot remake. I would have preferred first person perspective ala RE7, but if they temper the action in this it could be good.
        That said I don't like the objective flashing up in the top left corner. If you just have to follow those directions like an action game I think it won't be great. RE was always great about putting you in an environment and solving puzzles and finding clues and strategizing to avoid enemies.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by geluda View Post
          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DrGfx-AbZb0

Actual gameplay footage is popping up from a PS4
          demo at E3.
          I saw this from the official PlayStation channel, my suspicions were confirmed, isn't it just like RE6???

Comment

Regarding the objective being displayed on the screen, I would think this can be disabled in a menu similar to RE6.
            sigpic
            "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

Gamespot says its gonna be on PC! woooo!

Comment

Yeah Capcom did confirm it will be released for Xbox One and PC too. The exclusive thing was for the reveal.
                Still watching the trailer and looking at the map of the Precint and i like the way they remade the station.
                About Marvin surviving, well he looks quite pale in the demo, but who knows what changes they did.. For example elliot now has a new look and dies in a new way... The helicopter is still going to crash, since we saw that too in the trailer, the question is how.

Anyway Valve is calling back for Zoey...
                Last edited by Wild Dog; 06-13-2018, 10:16 AM.

Comment

"You will see some familiar faces from other games..."

"We have implemented gun powder from "RE7" so if you do run out of ammo you can make more..."

Hmm, the more they reveal the more Jill feels like she could actually be a reality.

Comment

I want to play this game so bad. My expectations have been exceeded.

Comment

A curious little detail I like is the naming conventions used for this and RE7.

Resident Evil 7 acted as a sort of reboot of the franchise, making it more accessible to returning fans (ie. people who've stopped following the series) and people who're not familiar with the franchise to jump in fresh. Part of this "reboot accessibility" was how the marketing and logo of the game worked. In the US and Europe, the game was "RESIDENT EVIL - biohazard", with a VII hidden away in the EVIL-portion of the logo. In Japan, the game was called "BIOHAZARD - resident Evil", with a 7 hidden away in the Z-portion of the logo.

For this remake, they seem to be going the route of simply using "Resident Evil 2" for the international version, and "BIOHAZARD RE:2" for the Japanese version, presenting it technically both as a remake of the original Resident Evil 2, but also as their follow up to RE7.

Spoiler:

Comment

i know im getting carried away but im getting a feeling we are pretty much going to get the same storyline but of coruse thats expected...its a remake in the end of the day but i was hoping like 1.5 leon would co-op with marvin and ada and calire would team up with kendo etc kind of thing for this game

lets hope storyline is completly different but still is canon

Comment

Originally posted by P.I.M.P. View Post
                          i know im getting carried away but im getting a feeling we are pretty much going to get the same storyline but of coruse thats expected...its a remake in the end of the day but i was hoping like 1.5 leon would co-op with marvin and ada and calire would team up with kendo etc kind of thing for this game

lets hope storyline is completly different but still is canon
                          I think you're expecting way too much there, remember 1.5 never made it to retail, this is Sugimura's rendition of RE2. There are however some 1.5 eastereggs.

Comment

That officer looks just like roy, theres a deluxe edition elza costume, they are just easter eggs, but i love capcom right now. Stop saying it's going to be 1.5 lmao

Luckily we are hopefully still getting 1.5 completed though,

But what a great showing. BTW, gameplay

Comment

Another thing I like is Leon having the pep talk with himself during certain parts of the demo. Puts further emphasis on the fact that he's a rookie trying to handle a scary situation.

Comment

It's a shame everything has to be hidden in darkness like rebirth just be jump scares rather just the unexpected, the flashlight looks annoying hopefully it lightens up towards the powerplant / laboratory so you can take in and appricate the updated visuals

Comment

Working...
                                X