• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graco View Post
    Claire vs. Birkin gameplay

Good use of William human voice to show off the pain of his tranformations

Comment

Is it just me, or is that Birkin-fight VERY MUCH like the elevator scene from Bio 1.5 proto? Down to William screaming "Sherry!" during the battle? And there's a similarly designed, closed space as a battle ground? Jee-sus, they're going out of their way to reference the old prototype as much as they can now.

Comment

This iteration of Birkin is somewhat disturbing -- his writhing screams during mutation were downright chilling.

The lack of a moody soundtrack was disappointing, though.

Either way, great stuff
        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
          This iteration of Birkin is somewhat disturbing -- his writhing screams during mutation were downright chilling.

The lack of a moody soundtrack was disappointing, though.

Either way, great stuff
          I feel like the lack of soundtrack during the fight with Birkin was due to a particular track not existing yet rather than an intentional exclusion.
          sigpic
          "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

Time to fuel the hype train.

Comment

Claire demo, TGS 2018

sigpic
              "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

1.5’s dedicated sub-weapon slot found its way into the remake, along with the hand grenades. I had assumed that they would merely function similar to the way they did in the RE1 remake, but it appears that they can be used independent of a self-defense measure during a grapple encounter.
                sigpic

Comment

Birkin can also ascend to the rafters and drop down for a surprise attack if you get far enough away from him. Grenades are rolled along the floor as they were in 1.5, and this playthrough shows the death sequence for what happens when Birkin grabs the player and a self-defense weapon isn’t used. Poor Claire was “Gallagher-d“.

sigpic

Comment

Birkin can also ascend to the rafters and drop down for a surprise attack if you get far enough away from him. Grenades are rolled along the floor as they were in 1.5, and this playthrough shows the death sequence for what happens when Birkin grabs the player and a self-defense weapon isn’t used. Poor Claire was “Gallagher-d“.

Damn, it's impressive how the steam actually builds up over time the longer the fight goes on!

Also, the police chief better get the facehugger treatment here (seriously, he and Josh Duggar would be at home with each other) and they better not puss out on the gore in this game. I mean, that death scene was OK with Claire, but I can't be the only one wanting to see the original death scenes recreated in some fashion with this one, you know? I mean, it being in first person is cool and all, but this isn't Resident Evil 7, with VR support and all that jazz.

Comment

They might have censored the content due to some of the audience potentially being under a specific age. I’m not familiar with the laws of that area regarding graphic displays of gore and violence though.
                      sigpic

Comment

They might have censored the content due to some of the audience potentially being under a specific age. I’m not familiar with the laws of that area regarding graphic displays of gore and violence though.
                        I guess I've heard that Japan is getting both a "censored" and an "uncensored" version. If that was the censored version being shown, at the very least it isn't as awkward as the censorship in the original Japanese version of RE2 on the PS1.

And here I was thinking Japan tended to be more hardcore than us in the US. It seems that they can't figure out what to be nowadays from what I've read in the past few years about games like MGR (where the censorship actually tended to be more consistent with the lore of the universe, funny how that works) having white blood as opposed to red. (a universe detail of which is a plot element in Policenauts, in addition to some of the robots looking kind of like the robots in Z.O.E.. Shared universe, perhaps?)

Comment

Originally posted by Flak Master View Post
                          I guess I've heard that Japan is getting both a "censored" and an "uncensored" version. If that was the censored version being shown, at the very least it isn't as awkward as the censorship in the original Japanese version of RE2 on the PS1.

And here I was thinking Japan tended to be more hardcore than us in the US. It seems that they can't figure out what to be nowadays from what I've read in the past few years about games like MGR (where the censorship actually tended to be more consistent with the lore of the universe, funny how that works) having white blood as opposed to red. (a universe detail of which is a plot element in Policenauts, in addition to some of the robots looking kind of like the robots in Z.O.E.. Shared universe, perhaps?)
                          What censorship is in Biohazard 2?

Comment

Originally posted by geluda View Post
                            What censorship is in Biohazard 2?
                            In the original PS1 version in Japan, when your character died, instead of seeing the fatality, all you hear are the noises over the black background until the iconic "YOU DIED" graphic shows up.

At least, that's according to TCRF.

Speaking of which, how the hell has someone not posted ANYTHING in regards to Resident Evil 1.5 on that site, especially with us technically having two builds out in the wild, be it the MZD or the 40%/Whatever Era this board came up with what feels like centuries ago.

Becoming an adult with a regular job and having to study a lot in college messes with your perception of the flow of time.

Comment

If anyone is curious about what the dlc outfits look like check this out.

Comment

Nice to see even more nods to 1.5, but idk it seems alot easier,
                                the rooms aren't as compact as say re1-3 so your given too much space to just freely run away from a couple of enemies in any given room.
                                Hopefully the rooms are filled with more enemies numbers once you ramp up the diffuculty to block you off rather than them just being bullet sponges.

Comment

Working...
                                X