No announcement yet.

It's here - RE2 Remake Official E3 Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fact that it can only be played for 30 minutes is insufferably obnoxious.
    sigpic
    "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• I really enjoyed the demo too.
      I played on PS4 and then on my wife's PS4 account.

I have a PC and would like to test how it runs on a few different graphics settings - but 30 minutes doesn't leave a lot of time to go through all that. It's actually very frustrating when deciding whether to get it on PC or not.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
        I really enjoyed the demo too.

I have a PC and would like to test how it runs on a few different graphics settings - but 30 minutes doesn't leave a lot of time to go through all that. It's actually very frustrating when deciding whether to get it on PC or not.
        According to DF it runs slower on DX12 vs DX11.
        There's ways around the timer though it's already been hacked, people have gotten past the barriers with godmode.
        Sadly no proper Brad though just an easteregg and some of the rooms aren't fully modeled or textured yet.

Comment

• Played it on PS4 Pro.

The game looks great and plays great.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
            I really enjoyed the demo too.

Just find the trainer you can play all the you want.

I got the game already, actually i got it as pre order with AMD, but i wanted to test how it was going to work and look. Quite happy with the looks and the gameplay.

Comment

• Leon & Claire ’98:

Leon ’98 Gameplay (from 59:01 to 1:01:46)
              The 4th Survivor Gameplay (from 1:06:42 to 1:16:58)

Comment

• Capcom certainly made Irons more abhorrently disgusting this time around.
                sigpic
                "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Really great game, no comments.

settings: 3840x2160p AA=0 Shadows High, Volumetric lighs Middle, Water reflections OFF, I get AVERAGE 50FPS.

Gear: i5 9600k + 1070ti.

Its a magic experience with an OLED TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                    Really great game, no comments.
                    The bar was set high but Capcom delivered, and more.

“Why’d you come back?”

“I wanted to meet the Grim Reaper.”
                    sigpic

Comment

• Overall it's a pretty tense and glossy re-imagining that has no super suplex moves or press x to live scenes. Yay.

However... Scenario B doesn't really exist anymore, so after the RPD it's all mostly the same for both playthroughs. Boo.

Comment

• I'm absolutely elated to see that they added so much stuff from the Biohazard 1.5 proto into the mix. The firing range is almost 1:1 recreation of the 1997 original. The new jail area definitely takes after the prototype jail in its design. And of course, there's the Elza Walker costume, the most obvious reference. And finally, finally the RPD building has working toilets. For years I had to imagine the cops having to go across the street to the nearby Burger Kong to take care of their business.

This is just too perfect, my every expectation has been exceeded. It's modern, and yet feels so familiar.

Comment

• few questions ppl :

1) iv already started leon story but i heard u should start claire first then leon, should i play claires first in that case?

2) i feel like theres hardly any music in this game....does any1els miss the music in this game or does the silence do the job?

3) sum1 else just posted here and said after the police station for both characters, its just the same thing with no differences....is that true?

Comment

• Originally posted by P.I.M.P. View Post
                            few questions ppl :

1) iv already started leon story but i heard u should start claire first then leon, should i play claires first in that case?

2) i feel like theres hardly any music in this game....does any1els miss the music in this game or does the silence do the job?

3) sum1 else just posted here and said after the police station for both characters, its just the same thing with no differences....is that true?

1. Not sure what the benefit of going with one over the other would be, but if you're playing on Hardcore difficulty, it's very clear that Claire takes more damage than Leon and the B scenario can be a bit more intense than the A scenario at times, thus making it benefitial to make Leon your B scenario character.

2. There's music, but it's contextual and more atmospheric. If you want a more traditional approach, just activate the Classic Music Soundtrack option (if you have that DLC). Gives you all the RE2 audio greatness and it's amazingly well implemented.

3. Nah, the scenarios differ between A and B in several ways, with a mixture of unique locations to each scenario and different paths/entry points taken for most locations. Only the labs are roughly the same, but there are some changes there too.

Comment

• I found it to be fun.

Claire seems to take more damage especially when grabbed from behind. My first play through was with Claire on normal and getting grabbed from behind pretty much always seemed to result in going from fine to danger.

Leon this didn’t seem to happen as often if at all.

The labs I felt were a little short and dissapointing but overall I found the remake to be a good fun one. Worth playing.

Comment

• Originally posted by P.I.M.P. View Post
                                few questions ppl :

Each character still has their own weapons and unique scenes, Sherry or Ada and so on.

But the lab and sewer have the same puzzles so it's not the true scenario B which used to have the power room/master key area and the train depot. Final bosses are unique but others are the same, and now Claire can no longer fight Super Tyrant and vice versa. There are also no longer alternate dialogues for The Chief, Ben, Ada, Annette. The zapping system and the mutated enemies are gone.

Like the amount of backstory and lore which used to be readable, it's been stripped out and made more friendly to newcomers. Marvin doesn't even say his lines about Chris and Jill being right all along etc. It's a great game in its own right but certain things have been cut instead of being expanded on.

Comment

Working...
                                X