X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i hope the game goes into a 1.5 storyline vibe

Comment

Originally posted by geluda View Post
      It's nice to see the female zombie, I hope they keep them in as homages to 1.5.
      That was one of my favorite scenes in the trailer; the cop zombie swarm. I hope this remake will reimplement more of the 1.5 gameplay concepts as well. I love how the environments are much darker and more claustrophobic. I’m trying not to let my enthusiasm create unrealistic expectations but I was thoroughly impressed by the E3 presentation.
      sigpic
      "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

anything else in the trailer that anyone else noticed?

we hear hunk on the radio but then also leon...do the two meet each other?

Comment

Omnomnom on yo’ face, Leon.

sigpic
          "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

Originally posted by P.I.M.P. View Post
            anything else in the trailer that anyone else noticed?

we hear hunk on the radio but then also leon...do the two meet each other?
            I mean, obviously you can't take the trailers at face value, but it appears in the gameplay trailer that Leon approaches the RPD from the same direction that Jill does, from the "south-east" instead of the "north-west" (relative to the RPDs entrance). It appears that there is a longer street section than usual, however in the rat trailer you can see that the tanker explosion still occurs, so it's unsure looking between the two trailers just how the street layout is mapped.

The question is which traler came first, because each trailer contradicts its self. It's interesting that they've created a shot taken from the same angle that Jill comes from, it has no relevance to core RE2 but they put it in there anyway. I don't see any other street sections such as the ones at the back of Kendo's gun shop, but I do see the tanker explosion and I do see the bus, so there seems to be a mix of material there, the big question being why is Jill's angle shown off so early in a trailer.

The dream would be multiple scenarios, Leon, Claire, Ada, Jill and Hunk. I'm leaning on the side that Jill might actually be represented in this game, purely because of her camera angle being one of the first things we see in the reveal, that took a lot of thought. It is a convenient camera angle that shows off the whole RPD, something that doesn't happen in RE2, so perhaps it's just context and fan service, but there are of course other ways of doing those things, as we've seen with the odd 1.5 reference.

I'm overall happy with what I see, it has a very dark and super gory atmosphere, a lot like the Darkside Chronicles, I thought the gore factor in that game was spot on so seeing that they've turned it up to 11 sits good with me. For now, yeah I'm happy with it.

Is Leon half Japanese? What's his ethnicity?

Half Italian? I vaguely remember him being mixed race.
            Last edited by Guest; 06-12-2018, 04:55 PM.

Comment

I thought Leon looked a bit like DMC Dante. The new character designs is wierd but it's something I can get used to.
              Yeah felt the same they look like teenagers rather than twenties, guess their trying to capture new fans and appeal to that wannabe angst Bieber market phase that some go through it used to be goths and punks, glad they've chosen this style gameplay though and not the re7 vr bs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                Yeah felt the same they look like teenagers rather than twenties, guess their trying to capture new fans and appeal to that wannabe angst Bieber market phase that some go through it used to be goths and punks, glad they've chosen this style gameplay though and not the re7 vr bs.
                On second thoughts, looking at his Bio (pun intended) he was born in 1977 and took his first day on the job in 1998, so he's only 21 which is still quite young. When I was 21 I thought I looked old but looking at people in their 20's now they still look like babies, so it's kind of fitting. Plus it makes him look even more of a rookie which we have to remember, Leon isn't a boss here, this is the first time he's ever seen this shit.

You know, focusing on 1.5 so much for the past ten years, it still makes me appreciate how good the retail game actually is. RE1 was an oddity but this is what really propelled RE into the shit piece that it is today lol, or the masterpiece that was RE4, Sugimura did an amazing job as a scenario writer.

Comment

On second thoughts, looking at his Bio (pun intended) he was born in 1977 and took his first day on the job in 1998, so he's only 21 which is still quite young. When I was 21 I thought I looked old but looking at people in their 20's now they still look like babies, so it's kind of fitting. Plus it makes him look even more of a rookie which we have to remember, Leon isn't a boss here, this is the first time he's ever seen this shit.

You know, focusing on 1.5 so much for the past ten years, it still makes me appreciate how good the retail game actually is. RE1 was an oddity but this is what really propelled RE into the shit piece that it is today lol, or the masterpiece that was RE4, Sugimura did an amazing job as a scenario writer.
                  Maybe but I find myself playing less games because they try so hard to be edgey, I feel sorry for the millennials everything they have is so fake and manufactured to order.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                    Maybe but I find myself playing less games because they try so hard to be edgey, I feel sorry for the millennials everything they have is so fake and manufactured to order.
                    Well I'm glad to have been around playing games since the NES era where you actually had to engage and use your imagination. It's a shame things have to be photo realistic for people to understand the greatness of some videogames. I vaguely remember Leon being mixed race, and to be honest in the trailers he looks it, he still reminds me a bit of the youthful "Dante" but the more I've watched the videos the more I'm okay with it.

But talking about edgy, Cuberpunk 2077 looks shit hot! Love it!

Comment

RESIDENT EVIL 2 REMAKE - Gameplay Walkthrough Demo PS4 (E3 2018)Subscribe Now ➜ https://goo.gl/wiBNvosubscribe for the latest PS4, Xbox One and PC, Gameplay,...

Actual gameplay footage is popping up from a PS4
                      demo at E3.

Comment

Well I'm glad to have been around playing games since the NES era where you actually had to engage and use your imagination. It's a shame things have to be photo realistic for people to understand the greatness of some videogames. I vaguely remember Leon being mixed race, and to be honest in the trailers he looks it, he still reminds me a bit of the youthful "Dante" but the more I've watched the videos the more I'm okay with it.

But talking about edgy, Cuberpunk 2077 looks shit hot! Love it!
                        Yeah just like Bladerunner and Blood Dragon can never have enough neon

Comment

Well I'm glad to have been around playing games since the NES era where you actually had to engage and use your imagination.
                          And our books didn’t even have words on the pages; we had to use our imaginations and write the story ourselves!

I hope Capcom doesn’t waste any time getting a playable demo up on PSN.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm really happy with the Trailer and the Demo. The biggest reasson why i liked more 1.5 assest than RE2, was because of the Police Station. In the originale let's be honest, it was NOT a police station, it was just a copy of the spencer mansion that looked like an Art gallery. Yes i know it was a former art gallery... but it was far from being a Police station.
                            Now it looks like it could be a Police Station.

Comment

there not going with a 1.5 storyline as marvin is bitten in this game too i guess

Comment

This is clearly a step-up in terms of both graphics and gameplay for the RE universe. But, I have a question:

What is a "remake?"

I mean, this is the same company that remade RE1, right? To me, that's a clear remake. Gameplay mostly the same (with some basic improvements), new areas added mostly elsewhere, which keeps changes to the original layout to a minimum, new characters only introduced to help push forward new narrative direction, etc. Basically, don't change things if you don't have to. The director even specifically called it a remake in his '15 announcement trailer, and that's what the screen behind him said as well. Then I see the gameplay trailer released today, and well, I was so furious I barely got halfway through.

Gameplay - Totally different. They remade RE1 with fixed camera angles, so yer thinking, wow, these guys get it. Improve the game experience, not change it. Not for a remake. But lo, no fixed camera angles.

Layout - Barely recognizable. Even looking at just the basic layout from what we saw, only maybe 50% of the original layout is still there. And let's not even talk about actual room décor and background placements (new corridors that only exist to get blocked off with furniture, changing the lobby for absolutely no reason, etc!)

New characters - I mean, there's what, a half-dozen real people in the original? And yet, they introduced another actual police officer just to have this guy get torn in half 30-seconds later. 'Nuff said

Also, we've established this is a remake. Yet, nearly 2 minutes into the live demo, Mike Lunn (the Capcom representative playing the demo) went on record saying how this is not "just" a remake, it's a whole new game they are building from the foundation of the original. Which makes it not a remake. So, someone in Capcom, somewhere, is a damn liar.

My point is, from everything I have seen, in my opinion this is not a "remake", this is a "re-imagining", which is totally different. I might've liked this game on it's own merits (I mean, I didn't think Chronicles was that bad), but after playing the RE1 remake and expecting more of the same from this "remake", this game just feels like a slap in the face for all those old-school RE fans wanting a new game that, while new, gives them the original gaming experience they love, only better. Which, in my opinion, is what a remake is supposed to deliver. *Sigh* This feels like FF Versus XIII all over again, only with a much shorter duration.........
                                It matters not to me which virus you wield. Yours is merely a pathetic attempt to master the powers of death. The power you seek is MINE, and with this insurmountable power, I offer a litany of oblivion even a virus cannot prevent..............and you cannot escape.

Comment

Working...
                                X