Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invader Games anyone??

Comment

Check out our Livestream! http://twitch.tv/maximilian_doodMy official hardware provider is ASUS ROG, check 'em out! ►►►http://rogarena.comGet 10% off X-Split...

Hands on review and first impressions.

Comment

Originally posted by towerofpowerx View Post
        My point is, from everything I have seen, in my opinion this is not a "remake", this is a "re-imagining", which is totally different. I might've liked this game on it's own merits (I mean, I didn't think Chronicles was that bad), but after playing the RE1 remake and expecting more of the same from this "remake", this game just feels like a slap in the face for all those old-school RE fans wanting a new game that, while new, gives them the original gaming experience they love, only better. Which, in my opinion, is what a remake is supposed to deliver. *Sigh* This feels like FF Versus XIII all over again, only with a much shorter duration.........
        I totally second this. It looks way more like a re-imagining, like a Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, than the so expected faithful remake. They did an awesome job with the first remake, a game that re-built and improved everything but that kept the gameplay, style and structure of the original untouched, and that for many people completely and successfully replaced the original.

This might be good and fun to play, hopefully, but it looks so far like a different thing, created with a different vision, using RE2 characters and environments, not like something that will "overwrite" or "update" the original RE2.
        The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

I was lost without internet and just today I realize this for God, it is amazing CAPCOM did a great job, I see that there are things that remind me of RE1.5 RE2Beta RE3.5 RE4 and RE7. I hope it's true about the suit in honor of Elza.
          Resident Evil 2: Back 2 Origins

https://www.moddb.com/mods/resident-...back-2-origins

sigpic

Comment

It absolutely is a reimagining, as one guy nicely put it in the video I posted above, imagine it like a "scenario C". The RPD is different, the puzzles are different, the character roles and interactions are different, but the recognisable elements are all there in some shape or form, the famous rooms, the supporting characters, the focus on survival horror, and so on.

Personally I don't mind this, some of the things I like most about RE games are the images it leaves in your mind, it's not necessarily the entire experience from a-b that is important, but how you reflect on the experience afterwards. Particularly the artwork and the atmosphere, those elements alone leave a longer lasting imprint in my mind than dodging zombies and collecting grenade rounds.

The fact that the RPD is dark is yet another nod to 1.5, something that I really like the idea of, and seeing enemies like the female zombie or the fat cop, make me feel like the game is presenting the best of both worlds. I honestly think I'd be a little disappointed if it was just a cookie cut HD remaster of the original, because there's nothing wrong with the original to begin with, this shall be a nice experience.

Comment

check this article out

Comment

Hunk, Tofu and Alligator confirmed by various news sources.

Comment

Check out our Livestream! http://twitch.tv/maximilian_doodMy official hardware provider is ASUS ROG, check 'em out! ►►►http://rogarena.comGet 10% off X-Split...

Resident Evil 2 E3 demo play through direct capture 4K.

Comment

Originally posted by geluda View Post
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rpHC2736kNs

Resident Evil 2 E3 demo play through direct capture 4K.
                    looks amazing....please release the game already capcom please

Comment

The Resident Evil 2 remake is looking like everything I've ever dreamed of in the past 10 years. The fact they're incorporating 1.5 references is a humungous bonus, can't wait to see Elza Walker finally acknowledged in an official released Capcom product, even though I'm genuinely surprised they actually acknowledged 1.5.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
                        The Resident Evil 2 remake is looking like everything I've ever dreamed of in the past 10 years. The fact they're incorporating 1.5 references is a humungous bonus, can't wait to see Elza Walker finally acknowledged in an official released Capcom product, even though I'm genuinely surprised they actually acknowledged 1.5.
                        I can only speak for my self, but I've always considered BH2 to have a very varied and progressive development across 1996 and 1997 despite the harsh contrast. While in 1998 we got the final retail version of BH2 by Sugimura, what we consider to be Kamiya's version of BH2 was still very much an integral part of the process to getting there.

While the retail BH2 is obviously the main focus, to me it seems they're really embracing the literal idea of a remake and making something that has the best of both worlds. Keeping the game canon and all the things that worked, but also adding the things that were lost and telling retail RE2 in a way that encompasses both the old and the new. This is like a definitive version of BH2, with all the good stuff from the retail game and all the good stuff from the prototype game.

As people have pointed out, zombies, costumes, atmosphere, gameplay references, have all been carried over from 1.5 in this new version of BH2. For instance the RPD is now dark, we've got female and fat cop zombies, we've got shutters cutting people in half, all of these things are references but very blatant, not subtle. I think this version of BH2 is going to appeal to everyone in one way or another.

The next thing I want to see is if the (Licker) decapitated officer's head falls from the ceiling.
                        Last edited by Guest; 06-16-2018, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
                          I'm genuinely surprised they actually acknowledged 1.5.
                          Well they never denied her either. From my point of view, they never had any reasson to talk about her or the canned 1.5. I'm sure they know there is a fan base that loves 1.5 but for them was just a canned a game that from their point of view was too flawed to be released.
                          I think this version of RE2 will take some elements from RE 1.5, of course i doubt that marvin will survive... Otherwise they will have to redo the whole cannon. Can you imagine Marvin BSAA???

Comment

Originally posted by geluda View Post
                            It absolutely is a reimagining, as one guy nicely put it in the video I posted above, imagine it like a "scenario C". The RPD is different, the puzzles are different, the character roles and interactions are different, but the recognisable elements are all there in some shape or form, the famous rooms, the supporting characters, the focus on survival horror, and so on.

Personally I don't mind this, some of the things I like most about RE games are the images it leaves in your mind, it's not necessarily the entire experience from a-b that is important, but how you reflect on the experience afterwards. Particularly the artwork and the atmosphere, those elements alone leave a longer lasting imprint in my mind than dodging zombies and collecting grenade rounds.

The fact that the RPD is dark is yet another nod to 1.5, something that I really like the idea of, and seeing enemies like the female zombie or the fat cop, make me feel like the game is presenting the best of both worlds. I honestly think I'd be a little disappointed if it was just a cookie cut HD remaster of the original, because there's nothing wrong with the original to begin with, this shall be a nice experience.
                            Precisely. I was a bit apprehensive towards the idea of not using fixed camera angles but what they did to compensate for this change is more than acceptable for me. It’s not RE6 with an RE2 paint job. I’m especially pleased with the development team identifying the finer aspects of 1.5 and incorporating them into this remake. This will be a fresh experience and if the eastern corridor is an indication of things to come then this game will easily be the best survival horror offering of the series since the RE1 remake.
                            sigpic
                            "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

R.P.D. Main Hall (BH2 Concept Art + BH2TE Beta BSS):
                              _ _
                              Last edited by Biohazard 1995; 07-21-2018, 09:42 AM.

Comment

We also hope the presence of Crisom Heads

Comment

Working...
                                X