Thread: RE0 N64 forever a mystery?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default RE0 N64 forever a mystery?

So, I wanted to exhume that one old topic again. I was thinking about the RE Zero N64 Prototype and I think this is one of the last mysteries of classic RE games (besides the RE 1.5 80%-build and the RE 3.5 prototype).

Has anything happened in the last few years regarding this prototype? I've seen that someone on Emuparadise got some of the original Soundtrack Files back in 2016. However it remains a mystery how he got them. And besides those Capcom videos shown in 2015 (which kind of look like emulator recordings most likely they are) nothing has happened since and we know about at least one individual who has a copy of this.

What do you think? Will this be the next big leak?
    Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

THIA Staff

Yeah, besides the officially released prototype footage of RE0 N64, it doesn't seem like there's been any action on this front. Sadly. Was actually hoping Capcom would reprise this with some new 1.5 footage during the promoting of REmake 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
    I've seen that someone on Emuparadise got some of the original Soundtrack Files back in 2016. However it remains a mystery how he got them.
    Was this actually a thing? I've been out of the loop for quite some time now, so haven't really bothered chasing leads on anything.

The footage felt fresh. I wouldn't be surprised if Cacpcom still had that build.

Very likely they still have huge archives of footage on betamax, or at least that's what they showed in that commentary iirc. As for the N64 soundtrack, I believe Megan mentioned years ago that it's ripped from the GC demo version.

THIA Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Very likely they still have huge archives of footage on betamax, or at least that's what they showed in that commentary iirc. As for the N64 soundtrack, I believe Megan mentioned years ago that it's ripped from the GC demo version.
    The footage Capcom released during their BH0HD pre-hype marketing period looked too clean to come from any old archived MPEG encodes or analog storage medium like VHS or Betamax. Either they for some unusual reason had a lossless capture (unlikely) or they somehow got new footage captured. I want more. That's for sure.

This is Capcom we're talking about. The dev and the rights holder. Surely they still have access to a build and a dev unit to play it with, so they can capture fresh footage. Not out of the question that an employee of theirs held onto that old stuff and they were then able to put it to use again. Remember, the 1.5 proto we now have access to leaked from the estate of a dead worker.

#41 Kipepeo

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    As for the N64 soundtrack, I believe Megan mentioned years ago that it's ripped from the GC demo version.
    I think the tracks you mention are from a beta version of Zero for the GameCube.

Thread

BioHazard_Zero_Trial_Midi.zip
    BioHazard_Zero_Midi.zip
    BioHazard_Remake_Midi.zip

Amuse supports native formats from the GameCube versions of Remake and Zero, including soundbanks.

To my knowledge, no one has ripped anything from the N64 prototype, but I'm not entirely up to par with everything like I used to be.
    I'm a blackstar.

Thread Information