This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rancid Cheese View Post
    Well if you keep the scale to a manageable proportion I'd say a table top or desk. Then again you might be mistaken for being into dolls houses but thats a risk you'll have to take. Although for a 1:1 scale replica I'd recommend a large forest area in America ideally, maybe in the mid to mid western region . . .
    *shifts eyes suspiciously*

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
      I don't have an RE collection, I'm saving for a replica mansion. Anyone know a good location?
      You stole my idea!
      I've thought about it way too much. Like having it as a museum, open certain times of year, and allowing people to stay in the bedrooms, and the guardhouse.
      But the kitchen is in such a bad spot compared to the dining room. There is a dining table for like dozens of people, and to entertain that many, all the food has to come up those tiny stairs. There is no dumbwaiter. Only one toilet and shower too for the whole place (mansion), and it's not centrally located.
      If it was a tourist thing, you'd want it in Japan, or maybe the US. Land is crazy expensive in Japan, so you couldn't really do anything that extravagant.
      I don't know about the US. I normally live in Australia, and I love it there, so I might build it there. A bit out the way for the tourists. Zombie kangaroos chase people inside, not rabid dogs. But at least there is (very) rural land at a not-so exorborant price. And lets face it, I never started collecting biohazard/resident evil to make money off it.

Anyways, as to not double post, I got the parcel I mentioned a few posts up today. My Japanese reading is very poor. The items went on sale on the 22nd of Sept. I told them to ship it monday the 25th. Turns out they can't ship certain items until the 5th. So I got them today.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0826.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	405.5 KB
ID:	396920
      That's todays swag. Pictured...L to R

RPD folder. Black leather, on top of it is the inset RPD notepad. One the front
      of the leather it's stamped "R.P.D. RACOON POLICE DEP." It was available online since the 10th anniversary. You think they'd have the spelling consistent by then...

Under it, RPD 10th anniversary memo pad.

To the right, STARS belt-key holder, and another key holder.

Above those, the stamp collection.

The T shirt is an BHUC staff Tshirt. They must have had a few extras knocked up. I can barely read Japanese, but they may be left over TGS workers uniforms.

On the shirt, two (whitish) sheets of tattoos, from the Biohazard nightmare attraction.

Two promotional telephone cards. 1 Biohazard nightmare (using an RE2 image). The other is a CV:Complete one.

In the black box is the nemesis ring. It's actually quite big. Now you mention it .50, I'm certain it's the Moby-Dick nemesis head cast. It's 925 silver. It cost me about $145 USD. What can I say. I'm eccentric

Name:	CIMG0827.JPG
Size:	366.1 KB
ID:	396921
      Just the back of the shirt, and it's left sleeve. Right sleeve is blank.

Name:	CIMG0823.JPG
Size:	475.7 KB
ID:	396922
      Pics of all the books I've collected thus far in Japan. Lots of guidebooks. 27 at last count, from all the games. There is also bio4 soundtrack book, catalysis, incubate, ad-arts, and archives, as well as a few famitsu's with US and RE5 gear in them. In the front are decals released about the time of BH3.
      They were about $20 each. I bought 2 of the Made in Heaven, and stickered up a guitar. It was $100 on stickers that day. Told you I'm an eccentric.
      Also in shot is (a rather glary) biohazard on Saturn. Need to find a saturn now so I can see gold tyrant and zombie wesker, and ticks.
      Infront of that is biohazard directors cut dual shock, with the bonus disc (including the RE1.5 videos).

If you want better pics of any of the items, let me know. I'll try get it done for you.

I'm also curious about what other people know about biohazard nightmare. In Australia my brother has an, I think, strangely, Chinese (I could be wrong) street fighter comic with an article on it and with pics of it. I'll see if he can do me a scan and email it to me. He owes me a favor.
      Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 10-05-2007, 09:08 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

I've thought about it a lot too. I wouldn't build it in Asia because it just wouldn't feel right (has there even been an RE game in Asia yet?). Locations similar to the ones in CODE: Veronica would be good though. I would invite other RE fans but I wouldn't use it as a tourist attraction (a CV location wouldn't be good for that anyway).

The design of the mansion would depend a lot on what you would want to use it for. As you said there are bedrooms in some locations without a bathroom or even a toilet anywhere in sight, so you would probably want to alter the original designs which is when it ceases to become a replica. Then you have the issue of original/remake mansion. Both are good and both are different... I think a cool idea would be to put some hidden speakers into each room that plays the right track from the game. Also with the right technology maybe you can recreate the item boxes haha.

The problem with the idea is money though obviously. So unless one of us becomes seriously rich or we all pitch in, nothing will happen

Comment

Me and my cousin are hoping to someday build the Resident evil house. but we'd do everything, labs, cave,courtyard, guardhouse. It would be a hotel. And a survival horror haunted house. You have to go a similer rout as Jill and chris went. and make it to the helipad. We'd figure out how to do the monsters.
          I'd be nonlethal of course

Comment

you're lookin' towards probably a $50 Million mansion or "replica setting".to make a dream come true, better by ALOT of lotto tickets, and hope you win.
            Last edited by Branden_Lucero; 10-06-2007, 03:51 PM.
            Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Both me and my cousin/s are looking to careers where money will be plentiful.

If anything I'd just make the mansion for my own personal use. And open it up on Halloween. Or parties. Come on a dinner party in the dining room would kick ass.
              Last edited by BLSR1; 10-06-2007, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Lighting all those candles would be a right pain in the ass too.
                sigpic

Comment

i have other plans

sure building the mansion would be neat, but i'd love to build the police station
                  sure theres no toliets at all but you would have a nice parking space along with a nice style in wallpaper and doors.
                  nemesis_lover

Comment

I wish i had pics but i would like to say awsome collec. ppl....koolls all around

Comment

Games for now, I do plan to eventually take pictures.

Console Wise

Resident Evil Zero GC (PAL)
                      Resident Evil PSX (PAL)
                      Resident Evil PC (PAL)
                      Resident Evil GC (PAL)
                      Resident Evil Directors Cut w/ Resident Evil 2 Trial Edition PSX (PAL)
                      Resident Evil 2 GC (PAL)
                      Resident Evil 3 Nemesis PSX (PAL)
                      Resident Evil 3 Nemesis PC (PAL)
                      Resident Evil Code: Veronica DC (PAL)
                      Resident Evil Code: Veronica X PS2 (PAL)
                      Resident Evil Outbreak File #1 PS2 (PAL)
                      Resident Evil 4 PS2 (PAL)
                      Resident Evil 4 GC (PAL)

Phone

Resident Evil: Assault the Nightmare (PAL)
                      Resident Evil: Confidential Report #1 - #4 (PAL)
                      Resident Evil: The Missions (PAL)

Other
                      Resident Evil NES (JAP)
                      Resident Evil Gaiden GBC (PAL)
                      Resident Evil 2 Beta 2.0 (JAP)
                      Last edited by John; 10-27-2007, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                        Games for now, I do plan to eventually take pictures.

Other
                        Resident Evil NES (JAP)
                        Resident Evil Gaiden GBA (PAL)
                        Resident Evil 2 Beta 2.0 (JAP)

Explain Please

Comment

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
                          Explain Please
                          ROM. Counts in my eyes, played on the PC > Console. May or may not be PAL if that is what is confusing you.
                          Last edited by John; 10-27-2007, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                            ROM. Counts in my eyes, played on the PC > Console. May or may not be PAL if that is what is confusing you.
                            No it's the GBA thing.
                            Gaiden was for GBC.

Comment

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
                              No it's the GBA thing.
                              Gaiden was for GBC.
                              Oh, of course. I'm sorry that's entirely my mistake. Fixed to avoid future confusion.

Comment

WHAT, WHAT IS THIS

Comment

Working...
                                X