Capcom replies to Resident Evil PSP petition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capcom replies to Resident Evil PSP petition

Petitions usually don't receive much attention from the side where the petition was addressed to, so news of one such petition catching a developer's attention is like a flying pigs moment. Earlier this month, we spread the word of a petition to Capcom that requested a Resident Evil game over UMD for the PlayStation Portable. And guess what? Capcom saw it and replied.

"As we plan for future games the team will definitely consider the fans and specifically your petition. It does have impact. Keep me updated on the number of signatures. If you get over 10,000 that will draw significant attention," said a representative from Capcom via email. The message was sent to the author of the petition.

As the petition stands, it's currently up to a fifth of the quota required to attract huge attention. And anyone who still hasn't signed yet but wishes to should head over to the petition site over the Read link below. There's a chance to actually make a difference here, so be a gamer and jot down that John Hancock.
    Source: QJ.NET

The Petition
    To: Capcom
    We, PSP ( Playstation Portable ) owners would like Capcom to release to our beloved handheld game console at least one of the games from there famous survivor/horror franchise : Resident Evil .
    We are also aware of the fact, that there is already a PSP version of the first Resident Evil game on the PSN ( Playstation Network ) but because of the lack of PS3 systems we cannot purchase this game .
    Seeing the history of Resident Evil games on Playstation consoles, we can guarantee you, that the game will be a success .
    Hope that this and the abundance of signatures that will come is enough to finally take a step and make our dreams come true .

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

Me and my girlfriend signed. I don't have a PSP, but I'd like to see RE on many consoles to keep the series alive.

More DS games, I say.

Comment

They're not going to leave the original Resident Evil and Resident Evil Director's Cut on PSP have the censored videos, right? I'm the Resident Evil collector.

Comment

>.>

So... a 10,000 petition is a significant thing to get a RE game for PSP. But no matter how many times we have voiced our opinions and desires, plus our 10,000+ petition from Bioflames, for 1.5 over the years was never significant? Different circumstances obviously, but good lord.
        sigpic

Comment

Good point, well made Alzaire!

I don't want a PSP-RE. Focus on making games for multi-platform consoles, handheld RE is always average at best.

Comment

I seen this but hesitated on posting it, since all we have is the petition's author claiming Capcom contacted him. For all we know thats bullshit.

Comment

Over 7884 signatures! another 3000 should be easy!! Resident Evil 1.5 on the psp would be bad ass as an alternate view of Resident Evil 2...omg Id so buy it!!!

after I signed it, there was like anoter 100 signatures that fast!
              Last edited by Stars_g36; 08-24-2007, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Quick! Someone start a petition for RE5 on the Wii!

...oh wait.

Comment

its a 8205 now...wow and I was as 7884 like 20 min ago

Comment

Wow, a petition that actually might work. Hmm... Resident Evil 1.5 on PSP? That's just too cool to be true.

Comment

When I placed my name on it almost 24 hours ago it was at 3,000... so it's grown almost 6000 names in 24 hours. Getting past 10,000 isn't hard. I find it hard to believe that Capcom has responded to it though.

Comment

10331 Total Signatures now and still going!!!

Comment

Question is what kind of Resident Evil game would we want on the PSP? A RE4 type one or a classic RE with zombies?

Comment

re1 is already done way to much..PS1, DS, Remake ect...we need a new title of its own kind ported to the PSP or perhaps 1.5 would be nice

Comment

Originally posted by Nike View Post
                              I'm the Resident Evil collector.
                              haha trust me, you're not alone...

Comment

Working...
                              X