Resident Evil: The Essentials Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil: The Essentials Released

Yesterday marked the release of RE:TE and today it hit most retailers shelves. I picked up my copy just a few minutes ago and I can report on the set.

Its presented inside a slipcase, which when removed, reveals a crimson red case depicting art similar to that of the European releases of Resident Evil 4. Inside the case are the three games in the set, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil CODE: Veronica, and finally Resident Evil Outbreak.

Despite earlier sets for the series, which contained the Greatest Hits versions, these are the originals with some slight modifications. The UPC codes have been removed, similar to the Devil may Cry set. The games also have new SLUS codes, which are as follows:

Code:
    Resident Evil CODE: Veronica - SLUS 20184P3
    Resident Evil 4 -              SLUS 21134P3
    Resident Evil Outbreak -       SLUS 20765P3

The set can be found at your local Gamestop, or EB Games and is also available at Capcom's official online store. I'm unsure if its available elsewhere, but it seems to be exclusive to those "two" retailers in the US.

Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-05-2007, 12:27 PM.

Is there any other substancial change on the games besides the SLUS and UPC codes? Or they are just a copy - paste release in a new box?

Comment

Well, Outbreak still has a free movie ticket to Apocalypse lol. Other than the stuff you mentioned they are standard releases. I think Outbreak is backstock of the version which crashes with Alyssa on the first scenario. If I remember right, the greatest hits version fixed it.
      Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-05-2007, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Hurrah, more repackaging of unsold copies, just what we need

*sarcasm, incase you didn't catch that*

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
          I think Outbreak is backstock of the version which crashes with Alyssa on the first scenario.
          Checked it out, if so... that sucks .

Comment

Are you going to play Code Veronica and see what's changed?

Comment

Nothings changed in the games themselves. In order to do that they would have to spend a lot of money. They are just clearing out old stock.

Comment

We should have re-releases of GS and Gaiden every month then . . .
                sigpic

Comment

GS? ahhah about Gaiden ^

Ironically Gaiden and Dead Aim, were almost the same exact type game with the battle system and ship setting except one was in game boy color with Leon, Barry, and that dumb ass chick, and Dead Aim...er you guys know anyways....
                  Last edited by Stars_g36; 09-06-2007, 10:55 AM.

Comment

it wouldnt have killed them to make Outbreak better for the offline players like putting in BEARABLE loading times ..

Comment

Worst Compilation Ever!

Comment

There was only really one thing that really bugged me about Outbreak. On the back, it says "Die and join the zombie ranks - first time ever in Resident Evil". Did this ever actually happen, because i don't ever remember actually dying then becoming a zombie.

Comment

Originally posted by rewak View Post
                          There was only really one thing that really bugged me about Outbreak. On the back, it says "Die and join the zombie ranks - first time ever in Resident Evil". Did this ever actually happen, because i don't ever remember actually dying then becoming a zombie.

It only happens in online mode and when it happens It sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                            The set can be found at your local Gamestop, or EB Games and is also available at Capcom's official online store. I'm unsure if its available elsewhere, but it seems to be exclusive to those "two" retailers in the US.
                            I've seen the set at one of my local Wal-Marts as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
                              It only happens in online mode and when it happens It sucks
                              Too bad File 1 wasn't online enabled for the PAL countries

File 2 was but Capcom saw fit to turn the servers offline
                              Last edited by Project Omega; 09-10-2007, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X