Resident Evil 3.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
    Only bitch will be building the kanji table (that always sucks).
    I would almost say that is the least of the problems. As far as I remember, the character table in RE4 was pretty big, so most should be readable from the get-go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime Blue View Post
      I would almost say that is the least of the problems. As far as I remember, the character table in RE4 was pretty big, so most should be readable from the get-go.
      Unless the game stores the text in a standard encoding format, like S-JIS or something, building the table for the kanji is always the most painful and time consuming part. Kana can usually be done automatically, as you'll really only need to identify a few of them and the rest goes automatically by increasing/decreasing values (assuming they use a standard alphabetical order for things).

The kanji one would require you to identify every single individual kanji letter used in the game's internal font and their relevant values/order of appearance (and in some cases, games keep their own kanji tables based on levels, events, etc., this to save a couple of cheap bytes of memory space here and there by not having to load the game's full table at all times and at the same time save a fracture of a second on the load time by not having to fetch the table from somewhere else... of course, that's not necessarily the case with RE4, but it'll surely use only a handful of kanji, based entirely on what's needed in the game. So to "quickly" output anything readable, you'd either have to build a full text based table and do an extract that way, or make an app that'll load the game's font, along with a table, more or less replicating the game's own routine on a simple, stand-alone scale.)

Comment

• The US and EU versions also contain Japanese text they didn't bother to take it out you can also activate the Biohazard Ashley camera in the castle by swapping which language it runs at by letting the game go in-game then change the language to Japanese you have to change it back to English or American English before entering the inventory though but once the inventory has loaded you can swap the language again you just have to remember to change it back to English or American English before exiting the Inventory.
        It's also possible to censor / uncensor biohazard and resident evil 4.

Censorship Level / Language
        yyxx

xx
        00 <-- Japenese
        01 <-- American English - No Easy mode & removed multi-5 language selection.
        02 <-- English
        03 <-- German
        04 <-- French
        05 <-- Spanish
        06 <-- Italian

yy
        0 = JP
        1 = US
        2 = EU

Should make translating some the text slightly quicker as you'll be able see the already used characters.
        Last edited by kevstah2004; 08-21-2010, 07:36 PM.
        If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• Guys I wonder if you've seen this part of Biohazard 4 Secret DVD. as you can see it's Leon's old model from Fog version in Maya. Leon's style in fog version was very cool; he was using a Desert Eagle with one hand!

But Leon's style in Hookman version was totally different!

Attached Files
          Last edited by ashkan; 08-28-2010, 05:16 AM.

Comment

• Yeah, i have it (Biohazard 4 Secret DVD)...
            Last edited by killer7ITA; 08-28-2010, 05:41 AM.
            I'm looking for Resident Evil 3.5 (BioHazard 4 "Progenitor" and "Hallucination"-"Hookman" Version) or scans, articles! Resident Evil 1.5 release info = http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3328

Comment

• Originally posted by lanostraliberta View Post
              Yeah, i have it (Biohazard 4 Secret DVD)...
              I'm glad to hear that.

Comment

• Seeing the desert eagle, I wonder if it would have had the custom desert eagle with the elongated barrel. For some reason it just fascinates me that the gun has only appeared in 3 games; RE2, REC:V and MGS4.

Comment

• Some rare screenshots from Fog version. you can get all of them in here:

Attached Files

Comment

• Man, I remember watching that trailer for the first time and thinking, "Holy crap. If you start with a Desert Eagle, what kind of enemies are you going to be facing in this game?!" Ha ha.

Comment

• Does anybody know what's the difference between "Famitsu Secret DVD" and "Famitsu Secret DVD 2" ?

Edit: I've uploaded another magazine of Resident Evil 4 in high resolution:

Attached Files
                      Last edited by ashkan; 08-28-2010, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• The Bio 4 video is the same on both DVDs.
                        The Bio 0 videos are different.
                        lostreleases // demopals

Comment

• Devil May Cry director Hideki Kamiya Interview: Translated from Devil May Cry: Graph

I wonder If someone has any translated version of Devil May Cry: Graphic Edition. this link is dead already!

"Devil May Cry director Hideki Kamiya Interview: Translated from Devil May Cry: Graphic Edition"

Comment

• Originally posted by ashkan View Post
                            I wonder If someone has any translated version of Devil May Cry: Graphic Edition. this link is dead already!

"Devil May Cry director Hideki Kamiya Interview: Translated from Devil May Cry: Graphic Edition"

http://www.survivhor.com/morbidcreat...t_hideki_3.htm
                            It's backed up on Biohazard France.

Have a look through the RE4 beta stuff and you should find it.
                            sigpic
                            Non-blurry Signature Version
                            Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
                              It's backed up on Biohazard France.

Have a look through the RE4 beta stuff and you should find it.
                              Much appreciated. Thank you!

Comment

• A few years ago, I backed-up Morbid Creations inside SurvivHor; and a few more years later SurvivHor was backed-up inside Biohazard France.
                                Kinda complicated

The link you are looking for, Ashkan, is here:
                                Last edited by imacwesker; 08-29-2010, 05:10 PM.
                                Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

Working...
                                X