IGN Umbrella Chronicles hands on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGN Umbrella Chronicles hands on

IGN has a new writeup from a preview they took part on. They seem to be pretty positive on the game this time around, so hopefully the game is getting that layer of polish it desperately needs.

IGN Preview

Beat me to the punch.

Comment

wait a second!

the preview says 5 chapters...but... there are only 4 announced.

1.zero
      2.Remake
      3.nemesis
      4.strong hold

the fith one just might be...
      or it could be a mistake

Comment

They say there is RE2, but there's not. No Leon or Claire. Just Jill and Carlos.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I think they're just assuming the Raccoon City portion is divided into two separate scenarios.

Note that he didn't say "there are five chapters," but rather "it looks to be five chapters."
          Last edited by Archelon; 09-14-2007, 11:29 PM.

Comment

I love you Capcom. Don't let me down:
            Originally posted by GalacticAE View Post
            I'm hoping UC has some cool secrets and galleries to look back at past RE games.... I want the game to be a true fan service in that it just has some cool stuff.
            Originally posted by IGN.com
            ...but what Umbrella Chronicles is really about is giving longtime fans a huge blast of nostalgia. After playing through over four hours of the game we've playfully renamed it as "Resident Evil: Fan Service," as it's almost as much of a tribute to the franchise as it is a full game.
            Mission complete? I hope so.This is exactly what I was hoping UC would be. The game looks like it's turning out great.
            Last edited by GalacticAE; 09-15-2007, 06:14 PM.

Comment

It's funny how a whole bunch of people's opinion on UC have changed over the past few months

Comment

well, jaah because the game has suddenly shaped up into a good game rather then just being a rehash of the previous RE's in house of the dead style.

Comment

Personally I've always liked the look of it, so it's only getting better for me =P

I just HOPE everything turns out to be nice. And the dual wielding sounds like fun too.

Is this still on track for a November release?

Comment

yeap, I got mine on preorder I cant wait, IGN certiantly has new views of the game! reminds me of Dead Aim with the darker style of gaming while being a first person shooter.

Comment

My Umbrella Dilemma...
                      I really want this game and after reading the IGN article, I want it even more. I actually like light-gun games and I even liked the Gun Survivor series (the 2nd one kinda sucks but I really enjoyed the others). The only thing that bothers me about UC is the zombie reactions to getting shot and the fact you can't blow their heads off. Survivor 4 (Dead Aim) did it great. You could blow their head off, send them flying backwards through the air, hit them again to send them spinning and continue to blast them a few more times before they hit the ground. The body reacted to every shot.
                      But UC sounds like it will offer a lot more. An irresistible trip through RE history, in 1st person, with lots of bonus goodies and new story information. As the article says "Fan Service".
                      However, here's my dilemma.
                      I don't have a Wii and UC is literally the ONE & ONLY game I want that's on it. There's Manhunt 2 coming but I can just get that on my ps2 (infact, I can now get the uncensored version on my ps2). There's nothing else (that I know of) that appeals to me. I'm gonna have to buy a Wii, a zapper and the game, just to play this one game.
                      I bought a Nintendo Game Cube for one reason. Resident Evil. The GC was a great little console and I don't regret getting it. Sure, I had played through RE2 & RE3 lots of times on ps1 but it was cool to do it again on the graphically superior GC versions. RE Remake & RE0 are awesome and not available on any other system. RE4 is possibly the best game ever made but to be honest, since it was released on the ps2 with all the extra content, I've exclusively played that version. I also got Metroid & SW Rogue Leader but I havn't played them for a long time.
                      Now Nintendo has a new console and once again, they are dangling the RE carrot in front of me. UC looks like it could probably run on the GC but is it getting released on the GC? No. Nothing's been released on the GC for a long, long time. The GC is dead and buried. Forget about the GC. Nintendo have completely abandoned it. They just want me to buy their new console.
                      My ps2 is great. It has a 80gig HDD and can play pirate copies. I have about 900 ps1/ps2 games. My GC has a nice RE collection. I recently got a ps3 with some cool games and lots of BIG games coming over the next few years. I'm soon buying a 1080p HDTV to do the new generation of games justice. And now it seems I'm gonna have to buy a Wii aswell, just to play UC!
                      What will really piss me off is this: Capcom havn't shown loyalty to any one system in recent years. I wont be surprised to hear that UC will come to the ps3 in a year or 2 (Time Crisis 4 is about to be released with the new 'Guncon 3'). The ps3 UC will probably have polished graphics and extra content. I will buy it again, then my Wii will be completely useless.
                      Sorry about the rant... I'm still gonna have to buy this game, a zapper and a Wii (I wont be able to resist).

Comment

UC will Never come out on the PS3 I'm sorry but thats just stupid.

Sell your game cube to buy a wii. Play your old RE games onthe Wii.
                        The RE4 Wii has the bonus goodies but none of the PS2s crappy graphics.
                        House of the Dead 2 is Awesome.

The only reason Sony is making more PS2 games is because the PS3 is a piece of SH**.

The Wii is fun and great if you like RE because nearly every major game in the series is playable on it.
                        RE:REmake, RE2, RE3, RECVX, RE0, RE4, REUC,

I seriously don't know why REUC would come to the PS3 because Capcom is a jappanese based company and over in Japan they Love the Wii and hate the PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
                          UC will Never come out on the PS3 I'm sorry but thats just stupid.
                          Why exactly? The PS3's hardware could obviously handle, and with keyboard and mouse support it could probably play better than the Wii version.

The only reason Sony is making more PS2 games is because the PS3 is a piece of SH**.
                          No. It's because the PS2 still sells by the shedload.

I seriously don't know why REUC would come to the PS3 because Capcom is a jappanese based company and over in Japan they Love the Wii and hate the PS3.
                          Why would they hate the PS3? :

Comment

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
                            Why exactly? The PS3's hardware could obviously handle, and with keyboard and mouse support it could probably play better than the Wii version.
                            Well, Umbrella Chronicles looks outdated on Wii already. On PS3 it would look even worse. Imagine Capcom porting, for example RE Survivor on X-box...

Also, UC was made from the beginning to make the best use of Wii's controlers.
                            Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 09-17-2007, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Sell your game cube to buy a wii. Play your old RE games onthe Wii.
                              Logic failure.

The RE4 Wii has the bonus goodies but none of the PS2s crappy graphics.
                              I believe Seperate Ways looks the same as it does in the PS2 version.

No, they still make PS2 games the same way they still made PS1 games until about 2003. They won't stop making games for the system until the system has completely dried up in terms of sales.

The Wii is fun and great if you like RE because nearly every major game in the series is playable on it.
                              RE:REmake, RE2, RE3, RECVX, RE0, RE4, REUC,
                              Only one part of UC is canon. And 3/4 of those games listed can be found on the PS1, PS2 and even the PC. With even more titles (shitty or not).

I want to NPD your ass so bad. They love the Wii and the PS3. Both systems cater to the Japanese gaming audience. The only console that gets shunned in Japan is the 360. Because it's not realy aimed at a Japanese audience at all.

Also, UC was made from the beginning to make the best use of Wii's controlers.
                              RE4 was made for the Gamecube. It turned out quite nicely in terms of controls on the PS2, PC and Wii. UC will perform equally well. Plus, all they really need to do is release a Guncon. Problem solved. And no need for waving your arms around like a moron.

Well, Umbrella Chronicles looks outdated on Wii already
                              UC is more or less a smoothed out REmake with a slight grain filter.
                              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Working...
                              X